World of World of Warcraft
Quite funny
This is actually one of the funniest things I've seen in quite a while. And I see a lot of funny things. Every morning in the mirror for instance!;)
funny
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Quote:Quite funny
World of Warcraft meets The Sims.

It was bound to happen. :P
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:World of Warcraft meets The Sims.

It was bound to happen. :P
Fable II seems to be the next MMOPRG Sims meets Baldur's gate ala Everquest where you don't need to have relationships in the real world, because you maintain them all in your own fantasy world. I watched the Peter Molyneux E3 demo where his player went to his "house" where his "wife" and "kid" were, and some other player he brought with him started chatting up his "wife". Talk about pressure, you need to play so you don't lose your virtual wife to some masher, but if you play too much you lose your real life relationships because your gaming too much. I liked this review of it. So, it's really a Sims meets Baldur's gate ala Everquest with "Puppy Love" (the old Mac version).

Whatever happened to the game you can play (and win) for a couple spare hours when you get home from work, or on a Saturday afternoon once the chores are done?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hi,

Quote:Whatever happened to the game you can play (and win) for a couple spare hours when you get home from work, or on a Saturday afternoon once the chores are done?
Well, I don't know about 'winning' in the context of RPGs, but I have a game that otherwise fits the bill. Matter of fact, did a Laz run earlier today between rehab sessions. Got crap, of course;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Hi,
Well, I don't know about 'winning' in the context of RPGs, but I have a game that otherwise fits the bill. Matter of fact, did a Laz run earlier today between rehab sessions. Got crap, of course;)

--Pete
Yes! I own two sets of DI, DII+LOD, WCIII, & SC Cd-keys as well as some other networked non-Blizzard titles. Lately my sons and I have set up some TCPIP games on the home network. They are fun, fit in a time box, progress is made and simple enough that even my 5&7 year olds can run around and have some fun. I guess winning in the DII single player context is unlocking the "Cow Level" at each difficulty. In the realms, I guess grinding to Uber Diablo and beyond are possible now but that doesn't really appeal to me much. It just seems that all the newer cool games of the type I like seem to be designed for pay to play mmo.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Hi,

Quote:It just seems that all the newer cool games of the type I like seem to be designed for pay to play mmo.
I don't mind pay-for-play since it's a better value than cable, even for me right now. Though I do object at paying full price for a box that only lets me log onto the upgrade server;)

But, for example, WoW: by the time I log on, check what I've got in inventory, use up some materials leveling a profession (since I don't have room to store them), sell, send or auction my good finds, get everything buffed and bought, review my quest log, then run out to where I need to play, my time slot has run out or my eyes have quit working. Too much overhead, not enough game. CD, on the other hand, I can be killing things in about five minutes from turning on the computer. On a good day, that means I can get in a few sessions totaling two or three hours -- not even enough time to do an instance (or even many quests) in WoW.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:CD, on the other hand, I can be killing things in about five minutes from turning on the computer.
--Pete

And that even includes having to walk to Adria's.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Quote:And that even includes having to walk to Adria's.
I AM a soul in search of answers.