improving
Does anyone know why, when Blizzard was making all the patches for Diablo, they didn't improve small things like having an ALT key locate items on the ground or made it in multiplayer so Black Deaths wouldn't permantly damage you?

Were these changes considered too time consuming? Obviously they realized permant damage was bad and didn't include it on monsters in D2 so why did they never fix these things?

You think a remake of Diablo will ever be done?

just curiousities.
Quote:Does anyone know why, when Blizzard was making all the patches for Diablo, they didn't improve small things like having an ALT key locate items on the ground or made it in multiplayer so Black Deaths wouldn't permantly damage you?

Were these changes considered too time consuming? Obviously they realized permant damage was bad and didn't include it on monsters in D2 so why did they never fix these things?

You think a remake of Diablo will ever be done?

just curiousities.

I actually enjoy searching for items. I also like the fact that somethings you do in the game can have permanent repercusions(black death, shrines). I wouldn't consider the updates you suggest as improvements at all. Each to his own I guess.

For more thoughts on the Black Death dmg check this post out:
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...opic=10116

**Warning** Sarcasm beyond this point **Warning**

Quote:Obviously they realized permant damage was bad and didn't include it on monsters in D2 so why did they never fix these things?

Obviously they realized friendly fire is bad and didn't include it with players in D2. Obviously they realized the layout of Tristram was bad so they changed it in D2. Obviously they realized "simple" item generation was bad so they complicated it in D2. Obviously they realized there weren't enough rainbows in D1 so they changed that in D2. Obviously they realized repetative gameplay is good so they made it a bigger part of D2. Obviously they realized duping is good so they did not fix it in D2. Obviously they realized losing items at monster death is bad so they didn't include it in D2. Obviously they realized people like to pay billions of dollars so they included monthly fees in WoW.

I actually enjoy searching for items. I also like the fact that somethings you do in the game can have permanent repercusions(black death, shrines). I wouldn't consider the updates you suggest as improvements at all. Each to his own I guess.

Well it would have in fact been an improvement, weather or not you choose to see it as such. People had wanted it and it was done for D2 and many other clone types done there after. Not everyone likes to search for tiny rings by waving their mouse around an area persistantly. So they "obviously" did not care enough to fix it. And if you read Bolty's old High Level Warrior guide, old as it is, many warriors leave the game at the sight of black death. Who wants to chance ruining a 45th lvl warrior?

'Obviously', you feel every forum should have at least one sarcastic dumb ass, so you volunteered for the job.

Quote:I actually enjoy searching for items. I also like the fact that somethings you do in the game can have permanent repercusions(black death, shrines). I wouldn't consider the updates you suggest as improvements at all. Each to his own I guess.

For more thoughts on the Black Death dmg check this post out:
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...opic=10116

**Warning** Sarcasm beyond this point **Warning**
Obviously they realized friendly fire is bad and didn't include it with players in D2. Obviously they realized the layout of Tristram was bad so they changed it in D2. Obviously they realized "simple" item generation was bad so they complicated it in D2. Obviously they realized there weren't enough rainbows in D1 so they changed that in D2. Obviously they realized repetative gameplay is good so they made it a bigger part of D2. Obviously they realized duping is good so they did not fix it in D2. Obviously they realized losing items at monster death is bad so they didn't include it in D2. Obviously they realized people like to pay billions of dollars so they included monthly fees in WoW.
Diablo was created in an era when not every PC was an online PC, and games were meant to be sold as a finished product. The broadband era trend of constantly updating and rebalancing games, and funding such endeavors with expansion packs or other payware, is not one I find particularly appealing. It would have been wiser if black deaths had lowered vitality, and other mobs had similar abilities so that it seemed a natural part of the game. It would have been nice if potions weren't frequently the same color as the floor, and rings and amulets virtually invisible. But honestly, I appreciate the way that the game has maintained virtually the same game play that made it successful from day one. I would have much rather they had added a cursor buffer to eliminate duping, and other issues that remain on our bug list.
Quote:'Obviously', you feel every forum should have at least one sarcastic dumb ass, so you volunteered for the job.
Fact, you dont like sarcasm doesnt change the point, that GhastMaster hit the answer very well. At least from my point of view. If we assume that this statement
Quote: I wouldn't consider the updates you suggest as improvements at all. Each to his own I guess.
is not only valid for Ghastmaster and me, but there is more players who feels the same, then your real question is something like
" Does anyone know why Blizzard didn't improve things to my liking? ".
Im sorry for me being another dumb ass or probably something worse to you, but thats how I feel it.
And for DII and its "improvements":

1) ALT key is MUST in DII, because monsters and chests drop insane amount of items. In classic D its just 1 item per monster and up to 3 from chests. (And there is not problem to locate items dropped from chests, right?).

2) Wrong skill distribution or "skill balancing" patches caused far more damage to characters than all FOS shrines and Black Deaths ever. Punctum.

As for the Black Death life stealing:
Thats not bug. Thats an ability. Or call it feature. And its not "bugged outcome" of any deadline. This is perfectly working in Pre-Release demo as well !!!

Quote:Its interesting, this black death thing doesnt work in first game....
Thats not for the first time I hear this, but THATS NOT TRUE.
Black Deaths has ability to permanently steal your HP anytime they hit you. Even in first game.
Quote:'Obviously', you feel every forum should have at least one sarcastic dumb ass, so you volunteered for the job.

You are free to attack a person's points or the manner in which they make them, but it is bad form to attack the poster. Please refrain.

Ghastmaster's point, I think, is a valid one: not all differences from D1 were because some feature was broken. I find it unlikely the designers of D2 had Black Death's loathed lifestealing in mind when they designed penalties in D2. I also happen to think the most likely explanation of Black Death's HP-stealing ability in D1 was that it was added with single player in mind, where such a penalty is inconsequential since the character does not persist beyond a single play-through.

-Lem
Quote:I also happen to think the most likely explanation of Black Death's HP-stealing ability in D1 was that it was added with single player in mind, where such a penalty is inconsequential since the character does not persist beyond a single play-through.

I'd guess so. Although actually, the penalty is much less consequential in multiplayer, where a warrior can easily have over 400 hp and the other classes are likely to end up using mana shield. There is nothing ruined about a character who gets hit by a few black deaths over the course of their life, other than perhaps the ego of the player in front of the monitor.
I agree with you Lemming. I feel though that Ghast was being deliberitley sarcastic to me and not Blizzard when he made the 'obvious' statements. Trying to make me feeling stupid by running my obvious sentence over a great deal of statements.

Quote:You are free to attack a person's points or the manner in which they make them, but it is bad form to attack the poster. Please refrain.

Ghastmaster's point, I think, is a valid one: not all differences from D1 were because some feature was broken. I find it unlikely the designers of D2 had Black Death's loathed lifestealing in mind when they designed penalties in D2. I also happen to think the most likely explanation of Black Death's HP-stealing ability in D1 was that it was added with single player in mind, where such a penalty is inconsequential since the character does not persist beyond a single play-through.

-Lem
I never referred to the black death's ability as a bug, if you were meaning me.

Everyone is free to have their own opinion, you and Ghast have yours, and thats fine, mine seems to be more common to Hellfire-The Dark so I'll be getting on Kali and going back there.

So sorry if I offended anyone, but at least it brings a little fresh flavour, if only every briefly.

Quote:Fact, you dont like sarcasm doesnt change the point, that GhastMaster hit the answer very well. At least from my point of view. If we assume that this statement

is not only valid for Ghastmaster and me, but there is more players who feels the same, then your real question is something like
" Does anyone know why Blizzard didn't improve things to my liking? ".
Im sorry for me being another dumb ass or probably something worse to you, but thats how I feel it.
And for DII and its "improvements":

1) ALT key is MUST in DII, because monsters and chests drop insane amount of items. In classic D its just 1 item per monster and up to 3 from chests. (And there is not problem to locate items dropped from chests, right?).

2) Wrong skill distribution or "skill balancing" patches caused far more damage to characters than all FOS shrines and Black Deaths ever. Punctum.

As for the Black Death life stealing:
Thats not bug. Thats an ability. Or call it feature. And its not "bugged outcome" of any deadline. This is perfectly working in Pre-Release demo as well !!!
Thats not for the first time I hear this, but THATS NOT TRUE.
Black Deaths has ability to permanently steal your HP anytime they hit you. Even in first game.

Yikes. I thought I gave a pretty clear warning. If it's any consolation I was venting frustration with D2 more than anything else.
I'm sorry Ghast, and yes you gave a fair warning. I guess I just had a bad day.

I saw your character names for Diablo, I play on East to, if you want to have a game sometime lemme know.

Again, I am sorry. Just on some forums there are some with sharp witted folk and they sometimes use that skill to verbally attack. I didn't mean to persume.

cheers!

Quote:Yikes. I thought I gave a pretty clear warning. If it's any consolation I was venting frustration with D2 more than anything else.