SARCOS
SARCOS was recently purchased by Raytheon. Not because they built the fountain for the Bellagio, but because they have the best design from DARPA for the exoskeleton super suit for future US warrior.

Video of the super suit in action on WIRED

If you know much about aviation or infrastructure support for the military you can see vast applications for this nearly unlimited strength augmentation. I would think there would be quite a bit of use within storage warehouses and large equipment repair facilities of all types really.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:SARCOS was recently purchased by Raytheon. Not because they built the fountain for the Bellagio, but because they have the best design from DARPA for the exoskeleton super suit for future US warrior.

If you know much about aviation or infrastructure support for the military you can see vast applications for this nearly unlimited strength augmentation. I would think there would be quite a bit of use within storage warehouses and large equipment repair facilities of all types really.
Powered Armor, Starship Troppers, has become a reality.

The ordnance loading suggestion will doubtless make ordnancemen happy, and I can see putting up sheet rock for building contractors becoming a faster job.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:...and I can see putting up sheet rock for building contractors becoming a faster job.
Imagine bricklaying 20' walls when you can tote around block like cardboard boxes.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

In its current state, the technology has far more practical uses outside of combat, though they always need to put that bit in about the "soldier of the future."

I'm just excited because it reminds me of the Power Loader from Aliens. B)

[Image: powerloaderjk8.jpg]
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:I'm just excited because it reminds me of the Power Loader from Aliens.

That was exactly what came to my mind when I read the article, too. I wonder what the weight of the unit itself is. Looks like you may have some difficulty if you are trying to lift something that doesn't have a handle...
Quote:Looks like you may have some difficulty if you are trying to lift something that doesn't have a handle...
If it's heavy enough to need a mechanized exoskeleton to lift, it better have a heavy duty handle!

Quote:SARCOS was recently purchased by Raytheon.
Good for him, I guess. But I don't understand what the rest of the post has to do with Eugene.

-V

ps. Is there any one reader who will understand this post? . . . oh well . . .
Hi,

Interesting read:

Quote:Do you have an idea that you are passionate about? Something you can't do at your current job? Consider joining the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).

We embrace high-risk, high-payoff ideas that lead to new capabilities for the U.S. men and women in uniform. This is one of the reasons DARPA is such a unique place to work. You can learn more about DARPA, our culture and our people throughout our site. Find out more about joining DARPA. :P
Quote:SARCOS was recently purchased by Raytheon. Not because they built the fountain for the Bellagio, but because they have the best design from DARPA for the exoskeleton super suit for future US warrior.

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.