Top 10 Played
I always think it's kinda funny to see my music on my computer sorted by the number of plays each song has, because some surprising/funny things become very apparent. For example, I went through a huge Johnny Cash phase at one point apparently, Rage Against the Machine is my all-time favorite band (and it's not even close) but the first RATM song on my most played list is #25, etc.

Anyways, I was just curious as to what everyone else had as their top 10 played songs on their computer.

Mine:
  1. None Shall Pass - Aesop Rock<>
  2. W.O.W. - Kia Shine<>
  3. Krispy - Kia Shine<>
  4. White Men in Black Suits - Everclear<>
  5. Damn It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta - Geto Boys<>
  6. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley<>
  7. Ghost - Tupac<>
  8. What Goes Around... Comes Around - Justin Timberlake<>
  9. Nuthin But A G Thang - Dr. Dre<>
  10. (Tie) Handlebars - Flobots / Paint It, Black - Rolling Stones<>
    [st]
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London

1. Greensleeves - Vince Guaraldi Trio<>
  2. Colossal - Wolfmother<>
  3. Get Ready to Die - Andrew W.K.<>
  4. Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades - Brand New<>
  5. Because of You - Ne-Yo<>
  6. The Denial Twist - White Stripes<>
  7. What Goes Around... Comes Around - Justin Timberlake<>
  8. Waters of Nazareth - MSTRKRFT<>
  9. Commit It - Sex Positions<>
  10. Ballroom Blitz - The Sweet<>
    [st]
    I cheated, and dropped other tracks from the same album. But I have a good reason, if I didn't the whole list would be Vince Guaraldi (writing papers for 4 years in college), then Wolfmother (always part of the 'long-run-day' playlist).

Cheers,

Munk
As a quick aside, thanks for opening my eyes to the Flobots. Handlebars is absolutely amazing, especially when accompanied by this music video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuK2A1ZqoWs.

Cheers,

Munk
My top 25 played list according to iTunes is dominated by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Butthole Surfers, and Nine Inch Nails. I don't listen to music on my computer much though.

Thanks to this thread I am now listening to "Lay Lady Lay" by Ministry. I forgot that I had that on my playlist and I love that cover.
Quote:As a quick aside, thanks for opening my eyes to the Flobots. Handlebars is absolutely amazing, especially when accompanied by this music video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuK2A1ZqoWs.

Cheers,

Munk

Flobots is #$%&ing huge around here right now (Ann Arbor/Detroit) - there's a decent chance that any time you turn on a rock station that Handlebars will be playing. If you liked Handlebars I would recommend listening to their song Rise... it might be better than Handlebars, I haven't decided yet. In fact, the whole album (Fight With Tools) is good as long as you don't mind a band preaching political issues at you. Okay, your music is great. We get it that Bush sucks. Blah blah blah.

I listened to a good amount of Vince Guaraldi Trio but just could not get into it for the life of me. I can see how it would be good for studying, but just in terms of pure listening I was not a fan.

Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades is one of my favorite songs ever.

Since you are a fan of JT as well - what did you think of the What Goes Around... Comes Around video? I like to see Scarlett Johansen no matter what, but the message it delivered - if you cheat on JT you will inevitably die a horrible death - was a little weird if you think about it:)
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Quote:My top 25 played list according to iTunes is dominated by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Butthole Surfers, and Nine Inch Nails. I don't listen to music on my computer much though.

Thanks to this thread I am now listening to "Lay Lady Lay" by Ministry. I forgot that I had that on my playlist and I love that cover.

What did you think about the latest NIN album? I am a huge NIN fan and I guess I can sort of accept a concept album, but the only song on there that held any weight with me was Capital G.
--Mith

Jack London
Quote:Flobots is #$%&ing huge around here right now (Ann Arbor/Detroit) - there's a decent chance that any time you turn on a rock station that Handlebars will be playing. If you liked Handlebars I would recommend listening to their song Rise... it might be better than Handlebars, I haven't decided yet.

Most of my new music is filtered through online music aggregators - half the time I have no idea if a band is wildly popular or mired in obscurity. I'll be sure to check out Rise.

Quote:I listened to a good amount of Vince Guaraldi Trio but just could not get into it for the life of me. I can see how it would be good for studying, but just in terms of pure listening I was not a fan.

It also helps that both cd's I own are the Peanuts soundtracks. The easy listening and nostalgia of Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the rest of the gang made it ideal for paper writing.

Quote:Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades is one of my favorite songs ever.

Deja Entendu is an absurdly good album. Although their follow up album God and the Devil are Raging was good in its own right, I was disappointed they changed their music style. I would have loved another 10-12 tracks in the style of Deja.

Quote:Since you are a fan of JT as well - what did you think of the What Goes Around... Comes Around video? I like to see Scarlett Johansen no matter what, but the message it delivered - if you cheat on JT you will inevitably die a horrible death - was a little weird if you think about it

When I listened to Future.Sex.Love.Sounds. for the first time, What Goes Around... really stood out in my mind. I looked it up on YouTube, and saw this live version from a performance in Paris. Since then JT has earned some respect in my book for being a musician in a time of pop-fakery. As for Scarlett Johansen :wub:

The video borders on hilarity with the tail end of its plot line, but I still enjoyed it. Reminds me of those Michael Jackson epic music videos from our childhood.

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:What did you think about the latest NIN album? I am a huge NIN fan and I guess I can sort of accept a concept album, but the only song on there that held any weight with me was Capital G.

I like the price! :P

Actually I just downloaded it the other day and haven't listened to it other than a few seconds of each track. I put it on my iPod so I guess I'll be listening to it soon enough.

As an aside, my 5 year old son has fantastic taste in music. His favourite song by a mile is ACDC's "TNT". He sings it all the damned time and his eyes light up when he hears it on the radio. Last weekend I introduced him to the wonderful world of Primus and he really loves the song "My Name is Mud". He likes the video for "Winona's Big Brown Beaver" because of the ridiculous rubber cowboy costumes.

However, I did catch him singing Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" the other day. That has me kinda worried :(
Quote:However, I did catch him singing Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" the other day. That has me kinda worried :(

Introduce him to good music... quickly... please. For the love of all that is good and holy.

Quote:When I listened to Future.Sex.Love.Sounds. for the first time, What Goes Around... really stood out in my mind. I looked it up on YouTube, and saw this live version from a performance in Paris. Since then JT has earned some respect in my book for being a musician in a time of pop-fakery.

I had zero respect for JT for the looooooooooongest time but then actually started *listening* to him and realized he had an amazing voice and collaborated with some fantastic people. A couple years later, Future Love Sex Sounds is, frankly, my favorite pop album ever. The guy has some serious skills(z?).

Quote:Reminds me of those Michael Jackson epic music videos from our childhood.

Haha, I think that is a very apt description. Its utter ridiculousness just enhances the overall experience.
--Mith

Jack London