May quotes
Quote:If someone is banging another man' wife, do you suggest he not start digging a grave for said someone, and perhaps hers as well?
Yes.

Homicide is not a moral reaction to adultery.
The error occurred on line -1.
Quote:Yes.

All the argument is a whore and a cuckold, a good quarrel to draw emulous factions and bleed to death upon! -- Shakespeare, Thersites, in Troilus and Cressida, act 2, sc. 3, l. 72-4.

You see, Helen was the whore, and Menelaus was the cuckold. However immoral, it seems a natural reaction. It was sufficient reason for Menelaus to launch a war, and utterly destroy a city. I especially enjoy what he did to Deiphobus. You see after Paris was killed by Philoctetes, Helen was married to Paris' brother Deiphobus. Once Troy fell, Menelaus mutilated his body, removing all of his body parts one by one and spending special time on his eyes (having witnessed Helen naked).
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

5/9/2008

Hear the other side.
Saint Augustine
Hi,

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter." - Winston Churchill

"Jim :rolleyes: was a great patriot, a humanitarian, a loyal friend - Provided, of course, that he really is dead." -Voltaire

Edit: This one made me RoFL: "I want to Die in my Sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car." - Will Shriner :D :w00t: :wacko:

Quote:5/8/2008

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -Socrates

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
5/10/2008

SWSWSWSW -- Some Will, Some Won't, So What, Someone's Waiting
5/11/2008

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Buddha
Quote:You see, Helen was the whore, and Menelaus was the cuckold. However immoral, it seems a natural reaction. It was sufficient reason for Menelaus to launch a war, and utterly destroy a city. I especially enjoy what he did to Deiphobus. You see after Paris was killed by Philoctetes, Helen was married to Paris' brother Deiphobus. Once Troy fell, Menelaus mutilated his body, removing all of his body parts one by one and spending special time on his eyes (having witnessed Helen naked).
Thanks... that will be a great bedtime story for my children.
5/12/2008

Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Quote:Yes.

You presume a universal moral framework which agrees with your assertion up there.

Wrong.

Care to try again?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Thanks... that will be a great bedtime story for my children.
You seem to have a problem with Homer, classical Greek poet/author/storyteller.

Too bad. He wrote some good stuff.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Quote:You seem to have a problem with Homer, classical Greek poet/author/storyteller.

Too bad. He wrote some good stuff.

Occhi
Yeah, Homer is fun. But the whole of Aeschylus, Aristophanes, and Sophocles are great! But Euripides takes the cake for *real* drama!

Old English, Icelandic and Nordic sagas are so tame compared to Greek theater. I remember reading my five year old the story of Beowulf, but having to skip or "papa"phrase vast sections of it.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:You presume a universal moral framework which agrees with your assertion up there.

Wrong.

Care to try again?

Occhi

We need to implement ironic justice more. Murderers lose their lives. Thieves lose all of their possessions. Adulterers lose...

I'm sure you get the idea.

--me
Quote:We need to implement ironic justice more. Murderers lose their lives. Thieves lose all of their possessions. Adulterers lose...

I'm sure you get the idea.

--me

I think there's a word for that. Vengeance.
Quote:I think there's a word for that. Vengeance.
It sounds more like The Code of Hammurabi. Which would have been pretty clearly "death" in this case for the woman, and the offending males. The least punishment for this woman would that she should have thrown herself into a river. I guess that might be lethal, or just gross depending on the river.

Quote:I think there's a word for that. Vengeance.
Yes, a clvl 18 skill for the Paladin.

Did you have a point? Perhaps your observation was akin to

Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord.

Please elaborate. Your pith robbed your point of meaning.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
5/14/2008

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu
Quote:5/14/2008

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu
Darn reruns. Darn them! DARN THEM TO HECK!!
Quote:You presume a universal moral framework which agrees with your assertion up there.

Wrong.

Care to try again?

Occhi
Occhi, the tone of your post and the massive presumption you pinned on me are insulting. I was merely trying to communicate firmly that I do not think adultery deserves murder. On what grounds? I'll tell you, as soon as I wake up from your bludgeoning.

Future forum-goers beware; the word "moral" makes Occhi smell blood.

Whoops, Newton's Clock just struck noon, it's time for lunch.
Quote:Occhi, the tone of your post and the massive presumption you pinned on me are insulting. I was merely trying to communicate firmly that I do not think adultery deserves murder. On what grounds? I'll tell you, as soon as I wake up from your bludgeoning.

Future forum-goers beware; the word "moral" makes Occhi smell blood.
Whoops, Newton's Clock just struck noon, it's time for lunch.

You don't read the forums much do you? He seems to aim to offend in most of his posts.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:You don't read the forums much do you? He seems to aim to offend in most of his posts.
Eh, I think saying that he tries to offend is a bit too far on a judgemental side. As with most posts that seem to include a regular tongue-in-cheek or off-the-cuff type of a mood, I treat Occhi's comments much the way I would a friend who regularly goes for a rise out of us that know him simply because it gives us grins every now and then.

Cheers,
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.