Universities
Hi,

we've seen some postings about strange things here on the lounge in the last few weeks, but this takes the biscuit!

http://yaledailynews.com/articles/view/24513

For once I'm left speechless.
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Quote:Hi,

we've seen some postings about strange things here on the lounge in the last few weeks, but this takes the biscuit!

Kafka meets Swift.

-Jester
Quote:Hi,

Yale already said they will not let her show her exhibit unless she admits it's fake (perhaps they are in denial): Link
However, new information says it was all a fake anyways: Link

Sorry those are blogs and not actual news references. I couldn't find the ones I read earlier this week.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Yale already said they will not let her show her exhibit unless she admits it's fake (perhaps they are in denial): Link
However, new information says it was all a fake anyways: Link

Sorry those are blogs and not actual news references. I couldn't find the ones I read earlier this week.
I saw this story as well earlier in the week, and read her defense in the Yale student newspaper. Then threw up a little in my mouth. I'm more appalled by her written defense, which exhibits a lack of respect for all life including her own. Before you go off on me for exhibiting the "pro-life" agenda of a patriarchal hegemony, lemme splain! What if instead of her own allegedly bloody menstruates and potential fetal material, it was that of any other mammal -- wild or tame? Beyond disgusting, and being a bio-hazard, it is a dangerous self-mutilating thing to do, or pretend to do. As a painter, I find the idea of painting a picture with blood morbidly disgusting, and indicative of a serious mental schism. Then again, I knew a boy when I was aged 10 who kept his scabs in a little plastic bag. Wait, he was later institutionalized.

Some poignent quotes from Aliza;
  • "It creates an ambiguity that isolates the locus of ontology to an act of readership." Um, locus of ontology -- would that be point of being, or source of existence? At least her education paid for some 5$ words.<>
  • "It is the intention of this piece to destabilize the locus of that authorial act, and in doing so, reclaim it from the heteronormative structures that seek to naturalize it." Um, heteronormative structures? -- I say, eschew obfuscation Aliza! Eschew!<>
  • "When considering my own bodily form, I recognize its potential as extending beyond its ability to participate in a normative function." -- in other words I can use my sex organs to paint a picture, or make a sculpture. To which I'd say, sorry honey, Shigeko Kubota(Fluxus Movement) did it 40 years ago (Yoko Ono was also a part of that movement).<>
    [st]Aliza Shvarts advisor Pia Lindman is a frequent contributor to the Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art. And, will probably incur some wrath by the administration. University administrations tend to not like it when grant money dries up during a recession. Although, if she has tenure it will just be tense there in her department for a few years. This backlash at Yale will be measured in Mapplethorpe's on the Richter scale.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Kafka meets Swift.

-Jester
Methinks it was a threesome, where Kafka met Swift met Picasso. But well played.:)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete