Hillary makes hay with Barack's latest hoof in mouth
First a quote from Hillary; < queue up some sappy idyllic music with birds chirping >

"You know my dad took me out behind the cottage my grandfather built on a little lake called Lake Winola outside of Scranton and taught me how to shoot when I was a little girl," she said. "You know some people have continued to teach their children and their grandchildren. It's part of culture, it's part of a way of life. People enjoy hunting and shooting because it's part of who they are, not because they are bitter"

Now consider that she has co-sponsored every possible anti-gun legislation in her 4 years in the Senate (22 Bills) receiving an F- gun rights score from "Gun Owners of America". The only person scoring lower is John McCain who scored an F--. Do people even fall for this pack of blatant deception, or do they even care?

Hillary's pappy would be pretty bitter when he finds out it's his daughter forcing him to register all his weapons and any new weapons sales would put him on an FBI "watch list".
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Does she really think we as voters are too stupid to notice the hypocrisy? What's scarier is enough people might actually be.

Politicians will do anything to get elected. That I've known for quite a while. But at this point, Hillary has gone so far down the rabbit hole I'm really at a loss for words.

The only thing that would shock me at this point is if she actually remembered the concepts of honesty and integrity. But then again, at this point there's no salvaging that ship enough to get my vote. No matter what she does.

Cheers,

Munk
On the other end, she has a hard time telling if people are shooting at her or greeting her fondly. I know that I would want more gun control laws if I had that problem.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
I really enjoyed when Fox News was trying to play it up, and went out and interviewed someone who's lived in Allentown for 30 years, asking about Obama's bitter remark.

"Yeah, people are bitter."

Clinton's simply grasping at straws. As she's shown, she'll say anything, no matter what her past has actually shown, to try to turn this around.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:On the other end, she has a hard time telling if people are shooting at her or greeting her fondly. I know that I would want more gun control laws if I had that problem.

Bouquet of flowers, sniper rifle. Tomaytoe, Tomahtoe. She mis-spoke. Who -hasn't- made that kind of mistake?

Though I think there's no real hay in the guns issue. A more telling issue is which team does HRC root for, really? Cubs, or Yankees? The answer would probably reveal a lot more than talking about rural \ hunting tradition or donning an orange camo vest.
Quote:Does she really think we as voters are too stupid to notice the hypocrisy? What's scarier is enough people might actually be.

Politicians will do anything to get elected. That I've known for quite a while. But at this point, Hillary has gone so far down the rabbit hole I'm really at a loss for words.

The only thing that would shock me at this point is if she actually remembered the concepts of honesty and integrity. But then again, at this point there's no salvaging that ship enough to get my vote. No matter what she does.

Cheers,

Munk

I've heard this argument before against Hilary, and I'm not entirely sure your correct. You see, I believe from the way she has voted, or at least her arguments based on how she voted, is that she believes people should have the right to bear arms within reason; she voted to restrict the number of guns one can own, to get AK47's and other fully automatic weapons off the street, and to register for guns. These seem to be practical safety measures if you ask me, and one's I feel more comfortable with personally even though I believe it is our right to bear arms if we so choose. If this is indeed what she was voting for or the reasoning behind her votes, then I fail to see the hypocrisy, however if I am incorrect, which is completely possible since I haven't done any research on this subject, then I suppose she's just another politician who will do anything to get elected.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:I really enjoyed when Fox News was trying to play it up, and went out and interviewed someone who's lived in Allentown for 30 years, asking about Obama's bitter remark.

"Yeah, people are bitter."

Clinton's simply grasping at straws. As she's shown, she'll say anything, no matter what her past has actually shown, to try to turn this around.
Or, the other part that gave me a guffaw...

Quote:"REPORTER: "Senator, (inaudible) guns and religion are on the table, could you just talk about when the last time you fired a gun was, and the last time you went to church?"

SENATOR CLINTON: You know what? That is not a relevant question for this debate. I mean, you know, we can answer that some other time. This is about what people feel is being said about them. And--I went to church on Easter! I mean, so? That is not what this is about! This is about how people look at the Democratic Party and the Democratic Party leadership. And, as Paul knows, because he's been in Congress a long time, we have been working very hard to make it clear that we have millions of Democrats who are churchgoing, and gun owning. And we are tired of having Republicans; or, frankly our own Democrats; give any ammunition to Republicans. Because, what happens then is that Republicans take advantage of the situation. So, I think this is an important moment for Democrats, and we're still looking for an explanation from Senator Obama."
Har, har! "And we are tired of having Republicans; or, frankly our own Democrats; give any ammunition to Republicans" :lol:Or, guns for that matter! We know who is a better shot! Seriously, she is pun-ee!

She went to church on MLK day too! Both were great photo ops! But, the church going gun toting democrats want to know... ...when the last time you fired a gun was, and the last time you went to church without the press corps?

[Image: hillarybosnia.jpg]Danger in Bosnia -- take cover!!! Snipers!!!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:If this is indeed what she was voting for or the reasoning behind her votes, then I fail to see the hypocrisy, however if I am incorrect[...]then I suppose she's just another politician who will do anything to get elected.

I've been at this for a while now, and in all honesty I'm at a loss to respond. I've spent some time looking over her voting records and her statements made about gun control. And after all things considered, I'm not sure what where she actually stands. Maybe she does believe in the right-to-bear-arms within reason. But I've reached the point where I can't discern her actual beliefs/platform from her last-ditch efforts to stay in the race.

Genuinely you may be right about this one, and there's nothing to see here. I really don't know.

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:I've heard this argument before against Hilary, and I'm not entirely sure your correct. You see, I believe from the way she has voted, or at least her arguments based on how she voted, is that she believes people should have the right to bear arms within reason; she voted to restrict the number of guns one can own, to get AK47's and other fully automatic weapons off the street, and to register for guns. These seem to be practical safety measures if you ask me, and one's I feel more comfortable with personally even though I believe it is our right to bear arms if we so choose. If this is indeed what she was voting for or the reasoning behind her votes, then I fail to see the hypocrisy, however if I am incorrect, which is completely possible since I haven't done any research on this subject, then I suppose she's just another politician who will do anything to get elected.
She panders to gun owners, because they represent 31% of adults, and 49% of households. Her rhetoric over time though makes it clear to me that she believes no gun should ever be used against another person, or in other words she allows for the limited use of guns for hunting or supports the "sporting purpose test" introduced in recent legislation by Sen. Kennedy.

Of course, this is all in contradiction to the original intent of the 2nd amendment.

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787