Calling all Utahan's, Utan's, Ute's or whatevers :)
What can you tell me about Ogden, UT?
I once sent some stuff to Ogden. And I assure you, every package ever sent there throughout recorded history has 'Odgen' written first, only to be crossed out and replaced with a cramped 'Ogden' beside it.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:What can you tell me about Ogden, UT?
Only losers live there. The cool kids live in Fort Buenaventura.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Odgen(sic), UT Living? When you look at "All Bars and Clubs" the small list of 20 includes 2 Eagles, a Moose, the golf course and a VFW. :-)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Just like the rest of Utah's cities......boring.

(the Ute are an Indian tribe right?)
Don't know anything about that town, sorry.

The first thing I thought of was not a town but about Ogden Nash. Some of his funny one-liners were recorded into the fortune program of Unix fame.

Candy
is dandy
but liquor
is quicker

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Stop calling me UT!

Ogden was the proprietor of a tavern a few years back. It was eventually shut down by a blizzard. Later on, it burned down. Nobody knows if Ogden burned with it, or what happened to him.

An interesting note for Lurkers: the original Lurker Lounge was a quiet room in Ogden's Tavern, and was called Lionskull's Lurker Lounge. Patrons of Ogden's who didn't want to partake in the brawls could quietly sip their drinks in the Lounge yet still hear all the commotion in the bar. After a while, its name was shortened to just Lurker Lounge, and then eventually "Lionskull" gave the name rights to Bolty as part of a 12-step thing.

-V

ps. UT is Universal Time, which I believe is the same as Greenwich Mean Time.

pps. Did the Blue Meanies take Greenwich?
Quote:An interesting note for Lurkers: the original Lurker Lounge was a quiet room in Ogden's Tavern, and was called Lionskull's Lurker Lounge. Patrons of Ogden's who didn't want to partake in the brawls could quietly sip their drinks in the Lounge yet still hear all the commotion in the bar. After a while, its name was shortened to just Lurker Lounge, and then eventually "Lionskull" gave the name rights to Bolty as part of a 12-step thing.

Thanks for that, Van. :) When I stumbled across this watering hole, Bolty was the sole proprietor. Some of the more interesting threads were flame wars though. :whistling:

*wanders off to see if she can find the epic one over Anonymous Coward* :lol:
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Quote:Thanks for that, Van. :) When I stumbled across this watering hole, Bolty was the sole proprietor. Some of the more interesting threads were flame wars though. :whistling:

*wanders off to see if she can find the epic one over Anonymous Coward* :lol:

Now there's a blast from the past. That name brings back memories of crazy Diablo variants, the ME mod, all night games of Heroes III, Subspace, (never getting anything done in life except playing computer games and reading Diablo forums), "Get Back in Your Cage, Now!", and lots of drama on the Lurker Lounge. Some weeks ago I was doing a web search for info on Securom and why people hate it, and it led to a thread on Slashdot where an Anonymous Coward was proclaiming the evils of Sony. I could only laugh.

The first time I heard the phrase "Lurker Lounge"... it was probably Van referencing things before my time.;) Ogden's Tavern had no shortage of brawls though, I do remember that much.