News Discussion/Commentary
Since comments aren't able to be (currently) added to the front page (You have been checking it during it's hiatus, right;)), you can put your thoughts on the news here, if you like.

~~~
I've known a few power levelllers in my time. Even gone so far as to describe fast levelling as being named after them. However, it looks like Tosog on the EU server Kil'jaeden has made it from creation to level 70 in 28 1/2 hours, beating the previous record of 43 1/2 hours. I know that they do it by tapping and having other folks destroy the mobs for them, but it's still a somewhat impressive team effort.

Adam Holinsky over at WoWInsider points out How A Quirk Can Steal Your Loot. It's an interesting mechanic, and one that folks would think Blizz would have thought of. And yet, as is pointed out in the comments, how often does it come up? I wonder what kind of other encounters could have something like this, but it's just never seen, due to the way other things in the fight work.

Toy News International lets us know that Series 3 Action Figures will soon be released. They are looking pretty good, as an Undead Rogue, a Human Priest, a Draenei Mage, and a Blood Elf Paladin join the rest.

When Professer Frink asks about Healing in the Current End Game, several of our notable priests step up to the table and serve up some great thoughts on Priesting and how to do it. It's a meaty read, but well worth it for a glimpse (for those of us who aren't priests) into the world of those who help keep us alive, or for those of you who are priests, a look of what's coming up or some tips to brush up your game.

Drysc let's some info about Season 4 et al leak out in a post of his (Third post in the that topic) and what will be happening when it launches. Some of the quick highlights include Season 1 being removed entirely. This is an interesting move from Blizzard, who tends to keep things like armor around forever and then some.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Season 3 rating requirements and prices lowered
Shoulders: 1950 rating
Weapon: 1800 rating
Wow, that's cold. Now casual arena players can't even get the previous season's weapon and shoulders. I expect this'll be a bit controversial because it helps block "catching up" of newer arena'ers. And yes, I realize the difference in power between Season 2/3 shoulders is miniscule, but the weapon differences are a bit larger.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Wow, that's cold. Now casual arena players can't even get the previous season's weapon and shoulders. I expect this'll be a bit controversial because it helps block "catching up" of newer arena'ers. And yes, I realize the difference in power between Season 2/3 shoulders is miniscule, but the weapon differences are a bit larger.

It's almost like they want point selling teams to have a solid customer base... which in turn will further clog the 1500-1800 range and make it even more difficult to achieve these ratings.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
If you click the WOWInsider link, you'll notice that Athene responded with an even faster time -- after he bragged about his 1d19h 1-70 stretch a few days ago.

While I actually am inclined to believe Tosog, Athene is a different matter altogether; he's known to be a lying SOB.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
The "healing in the current end game" link sends you to places unknown... (for me it was a spam site with a popup, yay!)

I think there may be one too many hs in http?
Quote:The "healing in the current end game" link sends you to places unknown... (for me it was a spam site with a popup, yay!)

I think there may be one too many hs in http?

Fixed now. Thanks for the heads up!
Quirk would be avoidable by having the warrior buff one of the healers near him - tap one with a bandage perhaps. Provided you already know about the problem and are expecting it, of course.
Quote:Adam Holinsky over at WoWInsider points out How A Quirk Can Steal Your Loot. It's an interesting mechanic, and one that folks would think Blizz would have thought of. And yet, as is pointed out in the comments, how often does it come up? I wonder what kind of other encounters could have something like this, but it's just never seen, due to the way other things in the fight work.
He will probably get his item, but the way you should probably go about this if it happens to you is have the ML send the loot to himself or a trusted person who then puts in the ticket to have the loot transfered to the person who it should have gone to. I've seen BOP loot transfered to another character in circumstances where someone in ZA accidentally loots an item as they reach for their badge, or just have auto loot on (/SLAP to any of you who use this) and the item was transfered. Make sure you take note of the time the boss died and the item was looted in your GM ticket so they can confirm its legit. It took about a 3 days to get contacted by an "elevated" GM and a couple more for the item to be transfered. If your loot issue involved badges, don't take the line "your issue has been discussed with another player." I was patient with this and my shaman is short 2 badges from a bugged chess event because of it, while the people who bitched and swore at GMs in daily tickets got theirs.
It's not Tuesday, but since I'm not going to be around, I figured I'd hand over Tuesday's update a day early to be enjoyed.

Foremost in everyone's mind will be "Is this the 2.4 patch day?" question. There is some good evidence both for and against. It's just after a major holiday, which Blizz doesn't tend to release around (Nice to their employees, they are) but the patch pretty much appears 'done' and has been on the Background Downloader for a while, too. Personally, I'm hoping it launches. I can't wait to see some of this Sunwell stuff! To help whet the appetite, there is now available an official Fury of The Sunwell trailer that I mentioned a bit ago. It's a beautiful piece of work, so go have a look!

In preparing for the new content, warriors and everyone are getting all buffed up for the new stuff. Folks these days have gotten very high in the hit point department. How high? Well, you may recognize some of these Names Past who are sharing HP totals with the current crop of players around the Outlands. Interesting perspective, I think.

Bolty's got a chuckle over on the main forums with a post he found about Raiding in BT/Hyjal. It's certainly amusing enough of a read.

As when any patch comes around, most folks start to worry "How am I going to update all my mods. What if I miss one?" Well, there is now help out there for you. The fine folks over at WoWInterface are here to make the transition with their Patch 2.4 Survival Guide. This is a very handy guide that will be updated as the mods themselves are. It currently houses over 70 of the most popular mods, and some have already even been updated for 2.4. They also provide download links to sites other than just theirs. This is pretty much your one stop mod shop. If it's not here, it's not 2.4 ready.

Here's hoping when I get back, I'll see you in the Sunwell!