Most Bizzare story I ever read !
Hi,

I thought I had seen/read it All, I guess NOT...How about you, Does this story do it for you? :w00t:

Quote:Sheriff: Kansas Woman Sat on Boyfriend's Toilet for 2 Years; Didn't Want to Leave Bathroom
03-12-2008 10:21 PM...By ROXANA HEGEMAN, Associated Press Writer

WICHITA, Kan. (Associated Press) -- Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who stayed in her boyfriend's bathroom for two years, spending most of her time on the toilet _ so that her body was stuck to the seat by the time the man finally called police.

It appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat, said Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple. The woman initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WOM...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Quote:Hi,

I thought I had seen/read it All, I guess NOT...How about you, Does this story do it for you? :w00t:
I don't want to see any pictures of this.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Yeah, I read this yesterday on Google News and was disgusted. Another report said her legs had atrophied due to a prior illness, although I'm sure the lack of blood made them shrivel up to husks in those two years. I don't know wtf was wrong with this supposed "boyfriend" in this story, but I'm pretty sure he was partly to blame for her fear response, especially if the girl had prior abuse as a child - you know, the whole girl who goes out with guy like her father syndrome? Just a sad situation all the way around no doubt.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Does this story do it for you?
More gross and sad than funny, but the name Whipple is golden!
The error occurred on line -1.
Hi,

Great catch, Mr Whipple the don't Squeeze the Charmin toilet paper icon. :D

Quote:More gross and sad than funny, but the name Whipple is golden!

The more I think about it the more I wonder why it took the boyfriend 2 years to think, "Hmm, maybe I should get some help for her."
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Hello :w00t:

What's next ? :rolleyes:

Quote:Some advice: If your significant other refuses to leave the bathroom for a period of time long enough that it's necessary for you to bring in meals and clean clothes, contact authorities. Don't wait for two years before getting help.

McFarren says, "The only thing I am guilty of is I didn't get her help sooner."

No kidding.

This is such a bizarre story. It reads like a screenplay for an indie film.

Obviously, Babcock has serious mental health issues. A healthy person doesn't remain in the bathroom for two years.

McFarren has issues, too. A normal person doesn't allow his girlfriend to hole up in a bathroom for years and become physically attached to the toilet.

Very creepy.

The story will probably surface at the Sundance Film Festival.
UPDATE, March 26, 2008: Kan. woman recovering from toilet ordeal

CNN: Boyfriend: Phobia caused woman's 2-year bathroom stay.

AP: Kory McFarren, 37, was charged Monday in Ness County District Court.

Quote:The more I think about it the more I wonder why it took the boyfriend 2 years to think, "Hmm, maybe I should get some help for her."

Here we go Again....I thought I had seen/read it All, I guess NOT...How about you, Does this story do it for you? :w00t:
Quote:Man Accused of Handcuffing New Bride in Dog Cage. [Image: icon8.gif]
AP: Monday, April 14, 2008

VIDEO on Local News

CANTON -- A Canton man faces abduction, felonious assault, domestic violence, and child endangering charges after police say he handcuffed his wife inside a dog cage for days after their Las Vegas wedding.

Canton Police came to Matthew George's home after a 911 call from Mary Swihart's father telling police shots were fired in the home.

"There's a baby there," Patrick Swihart told the dispatcher. "She just got married to this clown."

"There were in excess of about 16 shell casings that were inside the house," Lt. Jim Cole of the Canton Police Department said about the shots fired and the .45 recovered.

Police kicked down the door and found a dog cage with handcuffs in the dining room. Then, they heard Mary's story.

"It's very bizarre," Cole, a police veteran of 25 years, said. "She told our officers that for approximately four days she was held captive inside the cage by her husband."

The incident was a shock to neighbor Daniel Donovan.

"I was very surprised," Donovan said. "I was friendly with Matt and never, ever would have dreamed that that sort of thing was going on."

The situation had Mary sharing the cage with the couple's two pit bulls.

"She was handcuffed inside the cage for two to four hours at a time," Cole said. "He would release her, re-handcuff her on the outside of the cage and let two dogs that they had inside the cage."

The couple had been together for years and Mary had her 15-month-old son's name tattooed in Arabic on her left wrist.

Neighbors say it wasn't the first disturbance at the home.

"I know that there was always disputes and fights but that was totally, totally unbelievable," Donovan said.

George fled the home before police arrived and was eventually found in a car pulled to the side of the road early Sunday in neighboring Springfield Township.

Police say George had taken a large number of pills and was hospitalized at Akron City Hospital.

Police say George has a history of drug and disorderly conduct charges.

Swihart and her baby, Khalil, are currently at her parents' home in Canton.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351259,00.html

Quote:Hello :w00t:

Here we go Again....I thought I had seen/read it All, I guess NOT...How about you, Does this story do it for you? :w00t:

You mean... you don't handcuff your wife to the dog cage? :blink:

Of course, I'm only kidding. It seems to me that this was not the first time this couple fought, so she must have known what she was getting herself into. I find it odd that abused people stick with their abusers even after incidents like this one.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:You mean... you don't handcuff your wife to the dog cage? :blink:
Of course, I'm only kidding. It seems to me that this was not the first time this couple fought, so she must have known what she was getting herself into. I find it odd that abused people stick with their abusers even after incidents like this one.

Hi,

No, Besides I don't have a dog or a wife. :wacko:

I thought I had seen/read it All, I guess NOT...How about you, Does this story do it for you? :wacko:

Quote:TAMPA, Fla. — Doctors say it's amazing that a 41-year-old Tampa-area woman survived after someone shot her right between the eyes while she was riding in her boyfriend's pickup truck.

Doctors think she was hit with a .44-caliber bullet that broke in two pieces, each traveling under her skin and exiting behind her ears last weekend. She was released from the hospital hours later with just stitches.

The woman says two cars started following their truck Saturday night and the occupants began yelling at them.

At a traffic light, someone in one of the cars stood up in the sunroof and started shooting back at the truck.

Part of the bullet that hit the woman exited her head, went through the back window of the truck and hit a Jeep driving behind it.

Police are still looking for the shooter.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351472,00.html

Since Tris has monthly topics for famous quotes, I'd say your topic here KingJim qualifies as a sort of topic in and of itself. On that note, while this bit of news may not fit in with the bizarre of recent news, it definitely fits in with disturbing: Link

Quote:Man who claims innocence freed after 26 years
Attorneys say their client, now dead, committed murder

updated 6:37 p.m. PT, Fri., April. 18, 2008
CHICAGO - A man who spent 26 years in prison was freed on bond Friday while he awaits a new trial for a murder another inmate confessed to his lawyers.

Alton Logan’s family said they took up a collection in the lobby of the Cook County Criminal Courthouse and quickly came up with the $1,000 needed for his release.

A tearful Logan said he felt great leaving the courthouse surrounded by friends and family.

Two attorneys recently revealed that their former client, Andrew Wilson, admitted to committing the crime that Logan was convicted of but that attorney-client privilege kept them from coming forward.

Logan did not kill a security guard in a McDonald's restaurant in January 1982, the two lawyers said.

For nearly 26 years, they said, they kept a sealed affidavit of their client's confession to the crime in a locked box.

The attorneys came forward in January after Wilson died.

Is this even legal? These lawyers let an innocent man stay in prison for 26-years because of "attorney-client privilege?" Is there not something seriously wrong with this picture, or am I just being absurd? It's crap like this that makes me honestly believe the system does not work, and never really has for that matter. A deterrent, yes, but for the innocent, my condolences.
a very sad Hello,

It's 3am my time, I'm awake and my first thoughts were of this story you added to this thread, I am sickened by it. This is Not the first time for this kind of scenario and it won't be the last. The Fact that 2 Lawyers knew about it and allowed this to go on for 26 years is what makes it Horrific.

Meat Please start a new thread I fear this will get lost here.

Quote:Video of the 26-Year Secret Kept Innocent Man In Prison

Quote:Since Tris has monthly topics for famous quotes, I'd say your topic here KingJim qualifies as a sort of topic in and of itself. On that note, while this bit of news may not fit in with the bizarre of recent news, it definitely fits in with disturbing: Link

Is this even legal? These lawyers let an innocent man stay in prison for 26-years because of "attorney-client privilege?" Is there not something seriously wrong with this picture, or am I just being absurd? It's crap like this that makes me honestly believe the system does not work, and never really has for that matter. A deterrent, yes, but for the innocent, my condolences.

Quote:Besides I don't have a dog or a wife

Well what are you doing with that cage then? :lol:

I can understand no wife, I can really understand that, but no dog?? I thought all kings had dogs.

-V
Impropriyaddayaddayadda
Hi,

Here we go again, Not just Once but Twice....> I thought I had seen/read it All, I guess NOT...How about you, Does this story do it for you? :w00t:

Quote:Teenage captives had never seen sunlight
April 29, 2008 - 5:05AM

AMSTETTEN, Austria - An Austrian man has confessed to imprisoning his daughter for 24 years in a windowless basement cell and fathering seven children with her, three of whom "never saw sunlight" until they were freed over the weekend, police said today.

Josef Fritzl, now 73, also told investigators that he tossed the body of one of the children in an incinerator when the infant died shortly after birth, said Franz Polzer, head of the Lower Austrian Bureau of Criminal Affairs.

"We are being confronted with an unfathomable crime," Interior Minister Guenther Platter said.

Authorities said three of the surviving children - aged 19, 18 and five - were confined during their entire lives to the darkness of their cell by the suspect, who Polzer said "managed to deceive everyone" until he allegedly confessed in police custody today.

Teenage captives had never seen sunlight
Quote:House of horrors:
April 29, 2008 - 5:05AM

IMPRISONMENT:
Elisabeth Fritzl, now 42 years old, disappeared in August 1984.

She says her father, Josef, lured her into the cellar of their house, drugging and handcuffing her before imprisoning her.

Her parents then received a letter in her handwriting saying they should not search for her.

From 1984 until now, Elisabeth was kept locked in the basement and abused by Josef, who fathered her seven children, the youngest of whom is five years old.

Police say they believe Elisabeth's mother, Rosemarie, was unaware of what was going on.

House of horrors

Quote:Hi,

Here we go again, Not just Once but Twice....> I thought I had seen/read it All, I guess NOT...How about you, Does this story do it for you? :w00t:

Yeah, that's some really sick *!%$ there. I hope that man gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law... and then some. Really, I felt sick to my stomach reading this garbage!

I read it on fox news:

Quote:Monday, April 28, 2008

AMSTETTEN, Austria — A man has confessed to imprisoning his daughter for 24 years in a windowless cell with a soundproofed door and fathering seven children with her including three who "never saw sunlight," police said Monday.

The man, now 73, also told investigators that he tossed the body of one of the children in an incinerator when the infant died shortly after birth, said Franz Polzer, head of the Lower Austrian Bureau of Criminal Affairs.

"We are being confronted with an unfathomable crime," Interior Minister Guenther Platter said.

The daughter, who is now 42, had been missing since 1984 and was found by police in the town of Amstetten on Saturday evening after police received a tip. She and her children have been placed in psychiatric care.

Police on Monday released several photos showing parts of the cramped basement cell, with a small bathroom and a narrow passageway leading to a tiny bedroom. Investigators said an electronic keyless-entry system apparently kept the daughter from escaping from the cell, which was made of solid reinforced concrete.

"He admitted that he locked his daughter, who was 18 at the time, in the cellar, that he repeatedly had sex with her, and that he is the father of her seven children," Polzer told The Associated Press.

• Click here to see photos of Josef F. and the "House of Horrors."

Three of the surviving children lived with the grandparents and were registered with authorities. The other three apparently were held captive in the cellar with their mother, Polzer told reporters.

Hans-Heinz Lenze, a senior local official, said the suspect's wife apparently had "no idea" of what went on and was devastated.

"You have to imagine that this woman's world fell apart," he said.

Austrians — still scandalized by a 2006 case involving a young woman who was kidnapped and imprisoned in a basement cell outside Vienna for more than eight years — expressed disbelief at the latest case.

"The entire nation must ask itself just what is fundamentally going wrong," the newspaper Der Standard said Monday in a commentary.

Guenter Pramreiter, who owns a bakery just down the street, told The Associated Press that the suspect and his wife would regularly buy bread and rolls, though never in large quantities.

"They appeared normal, just like any other family," Pramreiter said. "I'm totally shocked, this was next door. It's terrible."

The case unfolded after a gravely ill teenager was found unconscious on April 19 in the building where her grandparents live, and taken to a hospital in the town of Amstetten, about 75 miles west of Vienna. Authorities publicly appealed for the child's mother to come forward to help diagnose the young woman's condition.

After receiving a tip, police picked up the 42-year-old woman — identified as Elisabeth F. — and her father on Saturday close to the hospital.

Police said Elisabeth F. appeared "greatly disturbed" during questioning. She agreed to talk only after authorities assured her she would no longer have to have contact with her father and that her children would be cared for.

On Sunday evening, police said investigators had found the area where Elisabeth and three of the children were held captive. Investigators said the rooms were at most 5 feet 6 inches feet high. The area had a TV and small hot plates for cooking.

In a chronology of events outlined in a police statement, authorities said Elisabeth F. told them her father began sexually abusing her when she was 11. She told police that some years later in 1984, he sedated her, handcuffed her and locked her in the cellar.

Police said a letter written by Elisabeth had apparently surfaced a month after her disappearance, asking her parents not to search for her.

The Austria Press Agency reported that the surviving children are three boys and three girls, the youngest of whom is 5. DNA tests were expected to determine whether Josef F. is the father of the children.

Sunday's developments recalled another case that shocked Austrians in the summer of 2006, when a young woman escaped after being largely confined to a tiny underground dungeon in a quiet Vienna suburb for more than eight years.

Natascha Kampusch was 10 years old when she was kidnapped in Vienna on her way to school in March 1998. Her abductor, Wolfgang Priklopil, threw himself in front of a train just hours after her dramatic escape.

Kampusch, now 20, issued a statement Monday saying she wanted to contact Elisabeth to offer emotional and financial help.
The suspect, identified by authorities as Josef F., was expected to appear in court later Monday.
Quote:Yeah, that's some really sick *!%$ there. I hope that man gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law... and then some. Really, I felt sick to my stomach reading this garbage!
Beware the dungeons of Austria! Although, there have been some cases of missing persons who've never been found all over.

Do you accept the story that the wife suspected nothing? Staging the "run away" note, then some of her kids show up on the doorstep and he convinces his wife to raise them. This guy had to buy food, account for water usage, power. I'm not sure I can believe the wife knew, or suspected nothing.

Anyway, yes, this is about the most twisted thing I've heard of lately.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Do you accept the story that the wife suspected nothing? Staging the "run away" note, then some of her kids show up on the doorstep and he convinces his wife to raise them. This guy had to buy food, account for water usage, power. I'm not sure I can believe the wife knew, or suspected nothing.

There was some chatter about this story at work last night, which is pretty surprising considering it didn't happen in Ohio and doesn't involve sports. People seemed to be puzzled by this same issue. My thought is that a guy who would put his daughter through this for 24 years probably had a very controlling relationship over his wife from day one. So she probably didn't have access to things like the bank statement or the credit card statement or the basement itself. Maybe she's blinded by devotion, or scared to death to defy her husband, or thinks her daughter was safer having run away (if ever there was a kid who should have run away from home at age 18 and never looked back..).

It is not often that one can feel reassured by believing in hell, but spending the rest of his life in an Austrian prison is hardly a proportional punishment for what this man has done to his own daughter.
Quote:It is not often that one can feel reassured by believing in hell, but spending the rest of his life in an Austrian prison is hardly a proportional punishment for what this man has done to his own daughter.
Unfortunately, this is a case where it is so clear to understand the concept of "visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations." It is already at the point of obvious mental warping of the daughter, and grandchildren, who have little hope of leading normal lives. I'd argue strongly for some type of witness relocation program to afford this poor daughter and her children some anonymity to move on from the atrocities committed upon them.

We have a Center for Victims of Torture in Minneapolis, which is the type of treatment and healing that this women needs now.

As for what to do with the animal who happens to be a 72 year old human. I'd dispose of him quickly and bury him in an unmarked hole somewhere.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Here's another one for you: DC Madam. What makes this article so special?

Quote:DC Madam Believed to Have Committed Suicide in Florida
ALLISON KLEIN AND CAROL D. LEONNIG
Washington Post Staff Writers

A woman who apparently committed suicide in Florida is believed to be Deborah Jeane Palfrey, convicted last month of running a high-end prostitution service in Washington, officials said.

Authorities were called at 11 a.m. today to a mobile home park in Tarpon Springs, Fla., where they found a body in a residence belonging to Palfrey's mother. Few other details were immediately provided.

Palfrey, 52, was free while awaiting sentencing June 25 on federal racketeering charges. A federal jury convicted her April 15 of running a Washington-area call-girl ring in the guise of "a high-end erotic fantasy service," rejecting her argument that she was unaware for 13 years that female escorts she employed were performing sex acts with clients for money.

Authorities said the body was found in a small storage shed on the west side of the home. They found handwritten suicide notes, they said, and there are no signs of foul play. Tarpon Springs police said they are working with the sheriff's and medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death.

"This is tragic news, and my heart goes out to her mother," said defense lawyer Preston Burton, who represented Palfrey during the trial.

Dubbed the "D.C. Madam" after her indictment created a swirl of publicity a year ago, Palfrey had said she hired socially polished, college-educated women to indulge her customers' fantasies through "quasi-sexual" game-playing only.

The jury in U.S. District Court sided with prosecutors, who said Palfrey knew her clients were paying $250 an hour for full-fledged sexual encounters. The panel made its decision after hearing from various call girls and clients in a week-long trial. Palfrey did not testify.

Palfrey's mother often accompanied her to court last month. An employee at the mobile home park said that Palfrey had been visiting there recently.

The U.S. attorney's office had said that under sentencing guidelines, Palfrey probably faced a prison term of four to six years.

Palfrey ran her business, Pamela Martin & Associates, by telephone from her California home, and authorities said she grossed about $2 million from 1993 to 2006, splitting the money about evenly with her escorts. They said she employed at least 132 women over the years, dispatching them nightly to clients in homes and hotel rooms in the Washington area

The recent conviction was not Palfrey's first dust-up with the law. She was convicted of running a prostitution ring in California 17 years ago and spent 18 months in jail.

Considering Palfrey's history, Assistant U.S. Attorney Catherine Connelly had asked Judge James Robertson last month to order her locked up until sentencing. But the judge declined, saying Palfrey is an "intelligent woman" who knows she would be punished if she tried to "flee the country."

Suicide? Yeah right. You've got to be kidding me! Someone who has already been to jail for this stuff and knows the routine... I wonder if the judge who let her out of jail until her charges was paid off?