A sad day for Role Playing
Gary Gygax has passed
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Gary Gygax has passed

I guess he couldn't live any longer after hearing Brett Favre retired. You know how passionate Cheeseheads are about their Packers.

OK so maybe that was way too soon.

But yeah, without Gygax we probably wouldn't be playing WoW today.

Edit: For those who don't know I grew up in WI, and I did play D&D. As a cheesehead gamer this was a bit of a double whammy for me today.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
He was a real gentleman with a keen eye, friendly manner and a fuzzy beard that once inspired one young child near me at Gen Con to ask his parents if he was Santa Claus. :)

You will be missed, Gary.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.

/salute

The Vice Presidential Action Rangers have lost one of their finest.

-Jester
R.I.P.

A sad day indeed.:(
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk

I must go fondle and kiss my pamphlets!

O, Book One! Worn so smooth! Your tables still excite me.
O, Book Two! What a menagerie!
O, Book Three! Oh to have mine own barony!
O, Greyhawk! You made everything more real!
O, Blackmoor! You taught me Orders can be fun!
O, Eldritch Wizardry! Nakedness and manacles, so naughty!
O, YE Gods, Demigods, and Heroes! Still a great read!
O, Swords and Spells! Miniatures, a ping pong table and thou!
O, Chainmail! You spawned the rest! Thank you thank you thank you!

*sob!*
Now I really am sad. Gygax was the common factor to all those books. I guess he really was a big influence on me. Would I have enjoyed Tolkien's stuff as much, if I had not already met dwarves, elves, and orcs while seeking adventure and treasure (and EP's) in a dangerous dungeon??

Vandiablo
Improprietor
The Forsaken Inn

Wow, I didn't think he would die till around 85 or so. If it wasn't for him, RPG's as we know it would not exist. At least TSR was bought and upgraded by Wizards of the Coast so D&D will live on; did I mention 4th Edition is coming out soon?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:But yeah, without Gygax we probably wouldn't be playing WoW today.

He might have been a great guy, but how is that a bad thing again?
As it was brought to me, I bring it to you:

Penny Arcade Tribute

Cheers,
~Frag :unsure:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Order of the Stick tribute.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
I never met Gary, but I was a member of CSA at Coffman Union at the U of M when Dave Arneson would still hang with us. I remember being introduced to Chainmail aka Melee by a friend in 1979. I think I still have my hand stapled paper pamphlet set from that time in box in the basement.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Stephen Colbert ended his show tonight by announcing the passing of Gary Gygax, saying "How much will you be missed?", rolling 1d20, and saying "Twenty."

It's nice to have someone in the media who admits to being (or having been) a D&D person without denigrating it. SC jokes about it but he doesn't mind showing that he knows it very well.
:(
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
xkcd tribute:
[Image: ultimate_game.png]
The error occurred on line -1.
I prefer to not think of Mr. Gygax as dead.

He's just fighting evil in another dimension.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"