Nether Vortices 15 badges on PTR
Quote:Caldin has been selling Nethercleft Armor Kits for something like 500-550 gold...a lot. He's a little sad about the BoE part as well, as going from that to a small commission may not be worth the time (except for guildies, which he already does for free, of course).

Great change for folks that need kits and enchants. Bad for crafters that try to fund their raiding/mounts through their professions.

This is true, but the other thing it does is pave the way for the next level of these kinds of enchants.

Nether Vortex as a reagent in Vortexcleft Armor Kits or some such.
It wasn't really practical before because how many raid leaders would use Vortices for armor kits until people had T6, and nobody wants to farm SSC / TK all the time just to get vortices for T6.

However if badges are dropping in 25 mans, and you can buy Vortices for badges, the practicality of higher level armor kits / spellthreads is significantly improved.

Assume that the patterns drop in 25 mans and you have a viable money making scenario again.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I'd be suprised if they are adding another round of enchants at this point.
My main has been an enchanter from the start - I am used to professions not paying off.:)
But seriously - when have crafting professions EVER payed off, except for extreme cases (like being the first/only one to get a useful recipe, primal nethers from heroics of old, nether vortices to spare)?

Right now, I'd choose a profession based on its "ego value", or money making (my newly created level 20 Warrior has made 30G from selling copper, while my enchanter/tailor still did not have his first mount at level 46).

Changing nethers to be no longer BoP is surely a boon to availability, but moves away from the original concept (you know, when heroics were hard etc.) of a rare good which took some hard work to acquire.
"Ignoring is also a kind of understanding." - Christian Mai