Azgalor Down on Stormrage!
Same deal as last time. Too tired to edit and upload the screenies. Will take them in to work tomorrow and upload.

[Image: azgalor_2.jpg]
Quote:Same deal as last time. Too tired to edit and upload the screenies. Will take them in to work tomorrow and upload.

[Image: azgalor_2.jpg]

Who's got a big ol' screenie?

Next up...
Quote:Next up...

Grats! If you spend time on Archimonde, let me know your impressions, where you tank him, and how you approach the fight.

We just spent about 1.5 hours on him last night after Azgalor, and it was 1.5 hours of wiping within 2 minutes of pulling.

Fast wipes and no trash are a blessing though. I compare it to our Kael'thas wipes, where each wipe consisted of 10-15 minutes of phases you mastered early on, followed by the real phase you wanted to work on.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
We only pulled Arch three or four times, and similarly we didn't last two minutes against the guy, but fortunately he pulls out all his tricks right away. Despite knowing the upcoming repair bills, I'm really excited to get more attempts in. It's a really fun, chaotic, nerve-wracking battle, with things constantly exploding and flying everywhere, and after the team-oriented elements of Vashj and Kael (though I don't have his vial yet, I did make most of the wipes :lol:), it's refreshing to have a battle with a different focus. Obviously, for those fights, staying alive was still your responsibility and you still had to avoid dying really hard so that you could keep doing your job, but they weren't nearly as intense when it came to either aspect.

Better him than Supremus, anyway. There's a fight I don't like =X
Quote:We only pulled Arch three or four times, and similarly we didn't last two minutes against the guy, but fortunately he pulls out all his tricks right away. Despite knowing the upcoming repair bills, I'm really excited to get more attempts in. It's a really fun, chaotic, nerve-wracking battle, with things constantly exploding and flying everywhere, and after the team-oriented elements of Vashj and Kael (though I don't have his vial yet, I did make most of the wipes :lol:), it's refreshing to have a battle with a different focus. Obviously, for those fights, staying alive was still your responsibility and you still had to avoid dying really hard so that you could keep doing your job, but they weren't nearly as intense when it came to either aspect.

Better him than Supremus, anyway. There's a fight I don't like =X

Sorry on the Kael vial issue. We went back for a second kill the other week largely to get more vials for about 6 folks that missed out. One of those vials was for a warlock that was there for and participated in the first Kael kill, but disco'd mid-pull (well into the fight) and wasn't able to pick up a vial off the corpse when he came back online post-kill. Oh how it sucked to be him.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
btw, dying in archimonde's doomfires will save you from having a repair bill:D
Momentum - Warrior
Darkening - Rogue
Quote:btw, dying in archimonde's doomfires will save you from having a repair bill:D

Thanks for the tip. It made 15 Archimonde pulls a lot less expensive last night.

No real progress to report unfortunately - still easing into the encounter it seems. =) Fun fight though. First fire that I've ever found challenging to not stand in, really.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:btw, dying in archimonde's doomfires will save you from having a repair bill:D

Not usually an option for me.;)
Quote:Not usually an option for me.;)
You can get revenge, though. To stop those smarmy bastards like me who will go running for the nearest Doomfire on a wipe in order to save a repair bill, quickly drag Archimonde over to the Well of Eternity so that he blasts the entire raid for 99,999 damage in one shot. Always a hit.

Hey, if you're going down, take them all with you!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Are they're any monsters that you die from? How tough are the battles for your characters now?
Quote:Are they're any monsters that you die from? How tough are the battles for your characters now?

Well these are raid monsters in an instance that is designed to be defeated by 25 players working in conjunction.