Battlegrounds at 39
None of my characters have any battleground experience below level 60, however Roquefort, my mage, is now 39 and is thinking of spending some time in PvP, in other words AB and WSG. Is there any PUG activity at this level? Or is everybody on a team? Are enough people playing in this bracket to get into battlegrounds?

Roquefort is currently Fire/Arcane, but would be willing to respec for PvP. One build she has been considering is all fire except one point in Arcane Focus for benefit of Sheep:

Fire

Or would it be worthwhile to drop a lot of fire in favor of Improved Counterspell? Something like:

Arcane

My thinking is that Improved CS is not worth it at 39.

Are there any must-have pieces of gear? One that comes to mind is Tidal Charm.

Any thoughts on enchants? Would it be worthwile to give up Major Spellpower, which she now has, for Sunfire?

I'd love to hear anyone's experiences of battlegrounds at 39.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Check your battlegroup forums to determine bracket activity. Some battlegroups have very active twink brackets, some have virtually no activity at all.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.