Quote for the day
Whatever the mind of man (humanity) can conceive, and believe in, it can achieve.
-- Napoleon Hill - 19th-20th century proponent of human potential.
I think your quotes are encouraging to others and administered on good merits, however I wonder if they might best server the forums if they were all in one daily post, and forum goers could reply in threaded view to each individual quote in the singular post. As I said before, I find your quotes to be inspiring, however I do not want the entire Lounge forum to be filled with Quote Of The Day posts within ten days or so. Please don't take offense to this as it is just my opinion and I am merely trying to point out something I see as potentially problematic. Thank-you for taking the time to read this.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:I think your quotes are encouraging to others and administered on good merits, however I wonder if they might best server the forums if they were all in one daily post, and forum goers could reply in threaded view to each individual quote in the singular post. As I said before, I find your quotes to be inspiring, however I do not want the entire Lounge forum to be filled with Quote Of The Day posts within ten days or so. Please don't take offense to this as it is just my opinion and I am merely trying to point out something I see as potentially problematic. Thank-you for taking the time to read this.
I think it would work well to just add to the end of a threaded topic. For my default viewthe latest changed topics bubble to the top of the list anyway.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:I think your quotes are encouraging to others and administered on good merits, however I wonder if they might best server the forums if they were all in one daily post, and forum goers could reply in threaded view to each individual quote in the singular post. As I said before, I find your quotes to be inspiring, however I do not want the entire Lounge forum to be filled with Quote Of The Day posts within ten days or so. Please don't take offense to this as it is just my opinion and I am merely trying to point out something I see as potentially problematic. Thank-you for taking the time to read this.

I agree.

Maybe a monthly thread -- quote of the day, Jan 2008.

Agreed. Well put MEAT.

Cheers,

Munk
Ok, I'll work on compressing them. I didn't read this thread before posting today's.

Perhaps it would help, if you wrote more about why you picked this quote in particular.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:Perhaps it would help, if you wrote more about why you picked this quote in particular.
What, and forestall some of our more smart alecky remarks?

Killjoy. :P

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:What, and forestall some of our more smart alecky remarks?

Killjoy. :P

Occhi

Curses! Foiled Again! :ph34r: But there will be a next time.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)