Lineage II leads to murder
Had I been admin, I would have stopped the gang at their choice of name -- Coo Clocks Clan. Um, I bet they attracted the "Best of the Best".

Online game rivalry ends with real life murder -- Russia Today
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:And a twenty-year-old from Petrosavodsk killed his grandmother after she interrupted his game calling him to eat.

Nice [sarcasm]!

Coo-clocks clan sounds too me like a combination of Clock Work Orange and of course the KKK. I wouldn't doubt if there were a connection between the two of them, but how ironic Russians wouldn't have come up with something more indigenous to their country, like maybe the KGB KILLAZ, or maybe the Kremlin Attackaz. perhaps foreign gangs are more popular in other countries?

I vaguely remember something like this happening with D2 in Korea with the Asia 2 server but I am very sketchy on the details. But gawd, what's this world coming too? Is this a sign of the times, where in ten years or so I'll have to warn my kids to steer clear of online "gangs", as well as real-world gangs? It's a crazy world we live in!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I've tried Lineage II before. It made me want to kill someone too.
Quote:I've tried Lineage II before. It made me want to kill someone too.

Dem's fightin words! Light gun at dawn sir!

On a slightly more serious note, it could be argued that almost any game or competition between other humans is a form of ritualized combat. Human being's veneer of civilization is not that thick, so it's not surprising a competition can revert from non lethal back to lethal.

Or these guys could be just plain sociopathic a-h0les. That's also known to happen.

Quote:Dem's fightin words! Light gun at dawn sir!

On a slightly more serious note, it could be argued that almost any game or competition between other humans is a form of ritualized combat. Human being's veneer of civilization is not that thick, so it's not surprising a competition can revert from non lethal back to lethal.

Or these guys could be just plain sociopathic a-h0les. That's also known to happen.
Then again, the news has been rife recently with senseless homicides involving people killing the ones they love. Think of the mass of humanity that plays MORPG's, and it very likely that a small fraction of a percentage are also homicidal as well.

I blame it all on global warming. No, maybe its the food additives. Or, maybe an identity crisis and lack of purpose coupled with a pandemic of social, spiritual and cultural bankruptcy telling our youth you can be whatever you want without any sense of where to go or why. In frustration and pain the disaffected resort to lashing out at anything and everything within arms reach. Perhaps the connection between MS-13, al Queda, this gamer violence, and suburban crack pots consuming their wanna-be girlfriends has something to do with that. Or, maybe its a sugar filled diet and lack of sleep.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:Then again, the news has been rife recently with senseless homicides involving people killing the ones they love. Think of the mass of humanity that plays MORPG's, and it very likely that a small fraction of a percentage are also homicidal as well.
Trying to see how any of the Lineage murders are any worse than the guy who threw his four kids off that bridge.

Degress of bad, but still, it's all bad.
Quote:I blame it all on global warming. No, maybe its the food additives. Or, maybe an identity crisis and lack of purpose coupled with a pandemic of social, spiritual and cultural bankruptcy telling our youth you can be whatever you want without any sense of where to go or why. In frustration and pain the disaffected resort to lashing out at anything and everything within arms reach. Perhaps the connection between MS-13, al Queda, this gamer violence, and suburban crack pots consuming their wanna-be girlfriends has something to do with that. Or, maybe its a sugar filled diet and lack of sleep.
I blame Jack Thompson. He's the root cause of all of the above.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Trying to see how any of the Lineage murders are any worse than the guy who threw his four kids off that bridge.

Degress of bad, but still, it's all bad.

I blame Jack Thompson. He's the root cause of all of the above.

Occhi
I agree. It's Jack Thompson and Howard Stern.