Missing a character after messing around.
Hi guys, I'm simply a newly registered guy that found this place via google.:P

Before i start I would like to tell you guys that im sorry if this post was in the wrong forum, but I guess everything that doesnt have a forum for it goes into General, right?

Allright, keep reading..:whistling:

Me and my friend has been playing Diablo 2/LoD for a couple of weeks on our identical T43 IBM Laptops, only difference is that im playing on LOD while hes on the D2 itself.
-----
Yesterday late night we were boored out of our minds so we decided to install LoD on his computer too, hoping that HIS character would still be playable in LoD on his computer, since the saved games files was still there (even tho we even backed them up)

( C:\Program\Diablo II\save )

But little did we know that his character would disappear when starting LoD :(, it was all clean as if he never had have any char. at all in-game, even tho the save game files was in the "save" folder...

So all we did was uninstall everything D2 & LoD together and then we installed D2 alone hoping to turn everything back to normal, but No...<_<

No matter what I try, its gone, backing up, copying, uninstalling, reinstalling, yada yada yada....:wacko:

So please guys, ANY help is appreciated, do not hesitate to ask any questions, let me know if there is any info that i left out, ill be checking this post frequently several times a day.

Thanks in advance, Seeya!

Edit: This is all Offline/Singleplayer mode, has nothing to do with LAN,Online/battlenet.
Please guys, help needed.
Quote:Please guys, help needed.

Have you tried contacting blizzard about the problem?

Unfortunately, I don't think there's too much we can do to help. If the save file is in the save folder, and its uncorrupted, then it should work.

Wish you luck,

Cheers,

Munk
Have you tried moving the save files to your computer?
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:Have you tried moving the save files to your computer?

Ah, the simple things we overlook sometimes. Maybe the save files aren't the answer to Paradox's problem, however I found your response amusing because it reminds me of a time we (my wife and I) thought the television wasn't working and were mashing all the buttons on the poor controller only to find out almost an hour later that it had been unplugged the whole time. Good times.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Ah, the simple things we overlook sometimes. Maybe the save files aren't the answer to Paradox's problem, however I found your response amusing because it reminds me of a time we (my wife and I) thought the television wasn't working and were mashing all the buttons on the poor controller only to find out almost an hour later that it had been unplugged the whole time. Good times.

:lol: I think we've all been there and done that some time or other.

For me, it was building a desktop computer. Spent as much time cursing at it for not booting up (checking manuals, checking cables, checking the internet) as I did putting it together.

Thankfully my brother came to cure my insanity.

'Try plugging in the power supply.'

Doh!

Cheers,

Munk
This might be too late to help, but I suspect it's a patching issue. If you were playing Classic 1.10, then installed LoD 1.07, the save file would be unreadable since it's in 1.10 format which 1.07 can't read.

Did your friend ever let LoD connect to battle.net to get the latest patch? Or download and install it manually?