Can a merc benefit from a set?
I was searching through the set items on Arreat Summit today when I noticed that the entire Sabazi's Grand Tribute could fit on an Act III mercenary. I don't seem to recall if merc's receive set bonuses or not, however I know Act IV merc's get bonuses for +Barbarian skills on their equipment.

Also, I've been shopping for what seems like an eternity for a 4-socket pole-arm to make Insight with. I've found the ONLY place that seems to sell non-magical, socketed items in in Act I and Act II Normal. Is there any chance whatsoever for a non-magical, socketed item to appear in a shop's keep, or is it just wishful thinking? You see, for a 4-socket pole-arm, the merchant needs to be able to sell the item I need, thus I need to be in Nightmare or Hell difficulty to shop one.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Heiho,

yep, hirelings gain set boni.

You won't find non-magical items once your char is beyond cLvl20, with the exception of Normal difficulty; but those NPCs won't sell you pole-arms.
I'm afraid you'll have to find one.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Sazabi's would probaly be better on a barbarian merc, which it will also fit on.

4 socketed polearms should start dropping a bit in late nightmare, depending on where you are right now. Also you can take any old white polearm and use the cube with this forumla:

1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type

The amount of sockets is random though, and it won't work on superior items.:(You should probaly do nightmare countess a bit to stock up on those runes.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Update: I have a spare Insight that I'm not using right now. If you still haven't found a suitable one yet, I can give that one to you. It's only a voulge but it still worked pretty well for most of nightmare.
Quote:Update: I have a spare Insight that I'm not using right now. If you still haven't found a suitable one yet, I can give that one to you. It's only a voulge but it still worked pretty well for most of nightmare.

Thank you for the generous offer, however since looking for a 4-socketed polearm, I have found no less than four randomly in nightmare and have made two Insight runewords out of them. Again however, thanks for the offer.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Thank you for the generous offer, however since looking for a 4-socketed polearm, I have found no less than four randomly in nightmare and have made two Insight runewords out of them. Again however, thanks for the offer.
Ok, that's good. ;p Insight is for the most part too good to be true. If you need waypoints, enchant, or something else feel free to message me. Yea, I know that it's impossible to play pubbie hc.-_-