Old lurker, new server?
Heyo all, I've been playing WoW for a good year now and have managed to lvl a dwarf rogue up to 58 (many server changes, don't ask:P). I've always wanted to make a character on one of the LL servers (Terenas or Stormrage) but have never quite gotten around to doing so; however, I feel like the day has finally arrived. Which leads me to my question: Will there be any low-lvl characters around on the servers that I may quest with, or is everyone enjoying the cool breezes of the 70 [arreat] summit? I ask this because I made a few characters a while back but didn't really see much activity going on in the Lurkers guild.

....so, basically, what I'm trying to ask is will a character be able to join the <Lurkers> family or will he/she have to fend for themselves until lvl 70?
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
You'll probably find that the majority of the folks in both guilds have characters at 70 that they are actively working on, but on Terenas (where I play) there are alts aplenty and a few folks levelling up new characters. I tend to solo most of the time anyway as I'm levelling, and the removal of elites from a lot of questing areas makes that much easier.

That being said, help with instances is usually only a request away. Heck, I got a (appropriately levelled!) Gnomeregan run going the other week just by asking in /g. Depending on folks schedules you may have to ask a few times (posting a thread asking for help at a specific time works well also) but you'll get help one way or another eventually.:) With the recent changes to quest XP and decreased XP needed to level you'll find yourself shooting up pretty quickly anyway.

Note that Terenas runs on MST, so if you're an east-coaster you'll find that a lot of the action starts happening right when you're getting ready to log off for bed.:) Stormrage is EST.
Quote:You'll probably find that the majority of the folks in both guilds have characters at 70 that they are actively working on, but on Terenas (where I play) there are alts aplenty and a few folks levelling up new characters. I tend to solo most of the time anyway as I'm levelling, and the removal of elites from a lot of questing areas makes that much easier.

That being said, help with instances is usually only a request away. Heck, I got a (appropriately levelled!) Gnomeregan run going the other week just by asking in /g. Depending on folks schedules you may have to ask a few times (posting a thread asking for help at a specific time works well also) but you'll get help one way or another eventually.:) With the recent changes to quest XP and decreased XP needed to level you'll find yourself shooting up pretty quickly anyway.

Note that Terenas runs on MST, so if you're an east-coaster you'll find that a lot of the action starts happening right when you're getting ready to log off for bed.:) Stormrage is EST.

And the Lurkers presence on Stormrage is primarily alliance side, Terenas is Horde. =)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
The best part about Stormrage is that it is a highly active server compared to others, so finding people willing to run instances is relatively easy even for PUGs. I've had 3-4 good runs the last few weeks just by putting out the "anyone want to run Gnomer?" requests. As an altaholic one day I'll finally reach 70, but since it has taken 2 years to get to 32, who knows when that will be ;-)
I'd second RTMs feelings in that you should strongly consider your normal playtime as one of the primary factors for consideration.

For example, I know I rarely log on to Terenas before 8pm server (7 Pacific / 10 eastern) and usually later. I'm one of the later players, but the ship sails quite late on Terenas compared with Stormrage.

We have a couple east coast players on Terenas, and they seem to be frustrated with reasonable frequency at how late things tend to get started and/or keep going.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I'd second RTMs feelings in that you should strongly consider your normal playtime as one of the primary factors for consideration.

For example, I know I rarely log on to Terenas before 8pm server (7 Pacific / 10 eastern) and usually later. I'm one of the later players, but the ship sails quite late on Terenas compared with Stormrage.

We have a couple east coast players on Terenas, and they seem to be frustrated with reasonable frequency at how late things tend to get started and/or keep going.

This was actually a pretty big factor in most of my play time shifting from Stormrage to Terenas. My scheduling shifted and it was easier to play on Terenas than it was for me to play on Stormrage. There were other factors but this was a big one for me. But for a long time my schedule matched Stormrage a lot better.

It doesn't hurt to play a bit on both servers (though that does slow progression) if you can because well if your schedule does change you have a bit of a leg up if you end up swapping servers. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:This was actually a pretty big factor in most of my play time shifting from Stormrage to Terenas. My scheduling shifted and it was easier to play on Terenas than it was for me to play on Stormrage. There were other factors but this was a big one for me. But for a long time my schedule matched Stormrage a lot better.

It doesn't hurt to play a bit on both servers (though that does slow progression) if you can because well if your schedule does change you have a bit of a leg up if you end up swapping servers. :)

Yeah, I play in the 8-12, sometimes 1 AM central time period, so having toons on a Mountain time server, and a Pacific time one works out fairly well for me. One's Alliance, one's Horde, so I can have the best of both worlds.

--Mav