raiding mage equipment choices
Do any (or all) of you raiding mages carry alternate equipment to wear for trash that trades away the unneeded +hit for more +crit? Do you also trade away +damage for +crit? What mob level do you consider for your trash set? 71? 72? What pieces do you use in such a set? I am having a hard time trying to come up with a set that pumps up the crit frequency without duplicating pieces I already have and regemming with +crit wherever possible.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I've always been very careful with selling off old gear when it gets replaced by things with hit rating. I usually run three (sometimes overlapsing) standard sets; pvp, pve and boss pve. Most trash mobs are either 71 or 72, but I've never managed to replace enough hit for it to matter. I always try to dump as much hit as I can, as long as the benefits of the other piece warrants it.

I guess this gets tricker and tricker as your pve gear improves in general, but for the Karazhan/ZA//SSC/TK level the arena sets and honor rewards are quite useful. For aoe jobs even the resilience and increased stamina comes in handy. Also regemming an old piece you've replaced to crit/dmg or dmg instead of hit/dmg can make it more useful than your new item on trash.