Personal Rating Exploits
Quote:You don't get that new team's rating. That's the whole point of personal ratings. If you join a team rated 2000, your personal rating is 1500. You will have to compete quite a lot to get your personal rating up there, especially since you're now playing against harder teams.

At a 1500 personal rating, you'll get 30 (32?) points for a win against another 2000-rated team. But you still have to GET that win while you are playing in the arena - no more free rides for scrubs.

-Bolty

That's what I mean, though. If I wanted to exploit this, let's say I did the 2v2 exploit to get my rating up to 1850. What happens if I then join an 1850+ rated 3v3 or 5v5 team? My personal rating is 1850 and a team I am on is 1850, can I now buy what I want to as I've satisfied the requirements of having a team and personal rating of 1850? The team rating doesn't tank/reset back to 1500 just because I joined it (though my personal rating in that bracket does). That's what I mean by having team and personal ratings tied together. How is, or is Blizz even going to bother trying to prevent this exploit in the making?
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Shouldn't your personal rating reset every time you join a new team?
EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean. Well, the simple solution is to require personal rating and team rating in the same bracket.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:The team rating doesn't tank/reset back to 1500 just because I joined it (though my personal rating in that bracket does). That's what I mean by having team and personal ratings tied together. How is, or is Blizz even going to bother trying to prevent this exploit in the making?
I'd be really surprised if Blizzard didn't code it so that you'd need a personal rating of 1850 and a team rating of 1850 on the same team. But, who knows.

Your personal rating is semi-tied to your team, after all. If you ditch a team and join a new one, you're back to 1500. So it shouldn't be hard for them to do. You're right, though, Mirajj - hopefully Blizzard didn't oversight that.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Wouldn't the easiest solution be to not let a win raise your personal rating above the rating of the team that just won? ie. winning on a low ranked team does nothing for your personal rating.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem