YouTube Gems
I stumbled across this video of Kamelot, a power metal band from Tampa (Florida) with an operatic style, the other day. The song is called, "March of Mephisto" and the video features Shagrath, the vocalist from Dimmu Borgir, a black metal band from Norway. I know there are some lurkers here who appreciate this genre of music so I am sharing this gem.

I will include a "mature content" warning for those reading this even though the video is not tagged on YT as such (the entire video is done in sepia tone so the blood that has been edited out of other versions of this video is not more gory than what is depicted in most video games).
Very cool, I enjoyed it even though I tend to shy away from heavily edited music. This is a live piece from the White Stripes during their week with Conan were Jack just goes plain off the hook with a solo. Also note the lascivious look from Meg around 3:31. Mein Gott im Himmel. :wub:

Cheers,
~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Very cool, I enjoyed it even though I tend to shy away from heavily edited music. This is a live piece from the White Stripes during their week with Conan were Jack just goes plain off the hook with a solo. Also note the lascivious look from Meg around 3:31. Mein Gott im Himmel. :wub:

Cheers,
~Frag

Wow. I'm a big fan of the White Stripes, but hadn't seen that performance before. Thanks for sharing that Frag!

Cheers,

Munk
Indian Thriller
Quote:Indian Thriller

That never gets old. Seriously. This one is awesome too.

My favorite song so far this year.

The worst song of the year. (Probably NSFW? There's a decent amount of profanity.)
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
I'd have to go with Da Kollum, just because I work with these guys. There is so much humor in this video if you understand the context. The first guy is the football coach, the 2nd is the choir director, and the 3rd guy is the dean of men.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I don't remember if this one has been posted on LurkerLounge before, but if so it is still worth another look. As a drummer I can tell you... the temptation to drum on anything and everything is constant.

In more recent news, it turns out that playing hip hop on the theremin is crazy! (Also proof that anything that says "Moog" on it has got to be cool.)

Cal-Berkeley wasn't the first band to come up with a Nintendo tribute but the song selection and blocking is just about perfect.

Speaking of Nintendo tributes, this video is apparently popular in Japan. Don't see much point in the blindfold, though.

And no matter what anyone thinks, I still enjoy Eminem and Kelly Clarkson.
An "Interpretation" of AFI's Silver and Cold.
(I have no idea what the real words are. And I never want to know, either. )

It's old, but here's are some absolutely true facts about the United States' greatest president: George Washington
(warning: profanity)
My better half showed this to me last night and well, I love it. Song and video, together or separate, both awesome. Heart Made of Sound
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
I enjoy some Linkin Park now and then but this is probably my favorite video: Linkin Park parody

Scarily accurate and oddly catching... must be because he was so dead on with his portrayal:lol:
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Quote:I stumbled across this video of Kamelot, a power metal band from Tampa (Florida) with an operatic style, the other day. The song is called, "March of Mephisto" and the video features Shagrath, the vocalist from Dimmu Borgir, a black metal band from Norway. I know there are some lurkers here who appreciate this genre of music so I am sharing this gem.

I will include a "mature content" warning for those reading this even though the video is not tagged on YT as such (the entire video is done in sepia tone so the blood that has been edited out of other versions of this video is not more gory than what is depicted in most video games).

It's worth noting that the song, March of Mephisto, is found on the concept album The Black Halo (the second in the "series", with Epica being the first). The albums are based, with poetic license, on Faust: Part One and Two, Epica corresponding to Part One and The Black Halo corresponding to Part Two. Very good music, if you're into Symphonic or Power Metal, and Khan is a truly amazing singer. The album itself is not entirely as heavy as the introductory song March of Mephisto, but it certainly has its moments.

Just had to throw that in there. Kamelot is a favorite band of mine, and being how powerful and meaningful music is to me, I thought I'd share that for others who share the same passion.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Related to my previous post in this thread, Meg White singing "In the Cold, Cold Night" live.. Words... fail me. :wub::w00t:

~Frag :blink:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:I stumbled across this video of Kamelot, a power metal band from Tampa (Florida) with an operatic style, the other day. The song is called, "March of Mephisto" and the video features Shagrath, the vocalist from Dimmu Borgir, a black metal band from Norway. I know there are some lurkers here who appreciate this genre of music so I am sharing this gem.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Pimp My Stroller
Charlie: Candy Mountain
Star Wars: Troops [Mature Warning!]
Mario: Game Over [Mature Warning!]
Terrorist Bloopers [Mature Warning!]
David Blane: Street Magic [Mature Warning!]
David Blane: Street Magic 2 [Mature Warning!]
Waldo Caught On Tape [Mature Warning!]
FPS Doug [Mature Warning!]

Almost forgot my two most favorite shorts; my children wrote two stories they wanted to film, so I helped them craft a script and we made a movie of it:

Treasure Hunters
Lizzy The Explorer
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Almost forgot my two most favorite shorts; my children wrote two stories they wanted to film, so I helped them craft a script and we made a movie of it:

Treasure Hunters
Lizzy The Explorer

Is that the Lurkerlounge's very own MEAT dressed in a dragon costume?

I only had time to watch the first clip, but I must say good imagination on your kids part. And for a at-home, for-fun project that's some excellent cinematography. That, or may I just have terrible videoing skills by comparison.

:P

Cheers,

Munk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2IWxqvsSY8

The internet has reached its apex.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London