Moonkin/Healer builds
Jesana is my moonkin/healer hybrid, who is used for both DPS and healing, both PvP and PvE. So, here are two potential builds for her, dropping the portable forest and moving to a more PvP-healer friendly role with the new awesome Arena healer gear. Mostly, I'm interested what Conc and GG have to say, since they're my arena teammates, but if anyone else wants to chime in, feel free.

DPS oriented:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0tcdziIsTuZZxEf00o

Healer oriented:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0tcdzicsRuZZxEI0coM

-Jester
From a PvP perspective I think there is immense value in full Nature's Grasp.

As a tauren you have 2 escapes from melee before you need to rely on infinite shifting:
1) Warstomp --> cast cyclone --> run
2) Nature's Grasp --> run

Using Nature's Grasp at 100% might be a better option than the 70% interruption resist for roots / cyclone cast? I don't know for sure, but I think a guaranteed out is critically important.

in PvP I think you can live without Naturalist in the 3v3 group if you want. The HoTs should be primary, as Krash is going to be doing the bulk of the cast healing, this frees up points for imp rejuv and maxing out shapeshifter. Dunno what other groups you are looking at.

In the case of the healy build, I would think that +2% total healing is more than +10% of your +heal only on HT (Gift of Nature vs. Empowered Healing)

+1600 healing * 0.1 = +160 heal to HT only
(4950 + 1600) * 0.02 = +130 heal to HT and +2% to all your other heals too.

So you'd lose 60 off your max rank healing touch by moving these points to Gift of nature, but you'd gain 4% on Rejv and Lifebloom (and Regrowth, but that's probably not used often).
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:From a PvP perspective I think there is immense value in full Nature's Grasp.

As a tauren you have 2 escapes from melee before you need to rely on infinite shifting:
1) Warstomp --> cast cyclone --> run
2) Nature's Grasp --> run

Using Nature's Grasp at 100% might be a better option than the 70% interruption resist for roots / cyclone cast? I don't know for sure, but I think a guaranteed out is critically important.

in PvP I think you can live without Naturalist in the 3v3 group if you want. The HoTs should be primary, as Krash is going to be doing the bulk of the cast healing, this frees up points for imp rejuv and maxing out shapeshifter. Dunno what other groups you are looking at.

In the case of the healy build, I would think that +2% total healing is more than +10% of your +heal only on HT (Gift of Nature vs. Empowered Healing)

+1600 healing * 0.1 = +160 heal to HT only
(4950 + 1600) * 0.02 = +130 heal to HT and +2% to all your other heals too.

So you'd lose 60 off your max rank healing touch by moving these points to Gift of nature, but you'd gain 4% on Rejv and Lifebloom (and Regrowth, but that's probably not used often).

It's 100% interruption resist for roots / cylone. No need to stomp before casting cyclone.

D

Improved Nature's Grasp is extremely expensive. It's good, but the benefit really doesn't outweigh the cost in my estimation, not with Control of Nature.

I second moving the points in Empowered Touch to Gift of Nature. 4% extra healing vs. 10% extra +healing on one spell -- I'd rather have the first.

With the healing-focused build, losing Celestial Focus is going to hurt... but I can't see anywhere else to get the points from, hm. Maybe move a point out of Vengeance and drop Nature's Grace? Nature's Grace can't speed up Wrath when chain-casting anyway.

Both builds look solid, but I never played Balance, so I'm afraid I can't offer much more input than that.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:It's 100% interruption resist for roots / cylone. No need to stomp before casting cyclone.

90% of the time you're trying to get away from a warrior or rogue who can kick, pummel, stun or gouge. If you get pummeled or kicked, you're pretty hosed when you have as little resilience as Jester has.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:Using Nature's Grasp at 100% might be a better option than the 70% interruption resist for roots / cyclone cast? I don't know for sure, but I think a guaranteed out is critically important.

I figure the most important thing I can do for the group is cyclones where they're needed. 100% nature's grasp is a very large investment, and I don't know if I have the points for it elsewhere. I think I prefer the uninterruptible cyclones/roots. Maybe that's a mistake, but it certainly doesn't seem like an easy trade to me.

Quote:in PvP I think you can live without Naturalist in the 3v3 group if you want. The HoTs should be primary, as Krash is going to be doing the bulk of the cast healing, this frees up points for imp rejuv and maxing out shapeshifter. Dunno what other groups you are looking at.

Yeah, I wanted to keep that one for PvE. I'm not respecing Jesana every week, this is a "one build fits all" model, really.

Quote:In the case of the healy build, I would think that +2% total healing is more than +10% of your +heal only on HT (Gift of Nature vs. Empowered Healing)

Good point. How about this, then? It cuts off a bit of power from regrowth, but gains overall in healing power by the full 10%. I do actually use regrowth quite a bit, since it is my fastest heal that yields instant healing. I throw it down when someone is taking a less than extreme amount of damage, but is still in danger of being focused. Probably not the best move sometimes, but I panic enough to use it.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0tcdzicsRuZZxEI00q

-Jester