Paid Name Changes
Blizzard announces paid name changes.

Quote:We’re happy to announce that through the wonders of modern gnomish engineering, you are now able to change your characters’ names. Finally, you can turn the moniker that seemed like a good idea at the time into something more befitting your true standing in World of Warcraft.

Visit Account Management to begin the paid character-name-change process. The fee is $10 per name change. As with our recent addition of voice chat to the game, this feature is being rolled out across all realms in several phases. The first-phase realms are listed in this forum post. Enjoy this new feature and the subsequent effect that your bold new name will have on friends and foes alike.

Finally, I can change Cleoboltra into her TRUE name: Boltfergnugen. (It means "healing pleasure.")

Sweet.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Finally, I can change Cleoboltra into her TRUE name: Boltfergnugen. (It means "healing pleasure.")

Sweet.

-Bolty

I would pay the fee to see you chance to that name. =)
Quote:I would pay the fee to see you chance to that name. =)

I'd help:P
--Mav
This seems like a really bad idea to me. It's another layer of anonymity to a community already suffering from the internet ****wad theory (harsh language in link).
Quote:This seems like a really bad idea to me. It's another layer of anonymity to a community already suffering from the internet ****wad theory (harsh language in link).

I've seen people reroll just because they developed an awful reputation for ninja-looting, etc. In WotLK, they'll be able to do an almost full identity change without leaving the server. How nice for them.
Assuming it stays the same as it is now, your ignore list gets updated when someone on the list gets their name changed.
They should add a 'name history' tab to the armory.

They won't, but they should.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Unfortunately Blizzard's 'naming and shaming' policy is completely in line with this.

For example, if you're scammed in-game and post about it on the forums, you're going to get the ban. (I've been scammed for just under a thousand gold, but at least I avoided that.)
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk