Damage Meters?
I was wondering if people here could let me know what their preferred damage meters are. I love seeing WWS data but sometimes I'd like to evaluate my performance on a boss fight on each attempt so I can improve during the night. I've seen a few damage meters but none have really stuck out as the best one. So please tell me which one you use and whether you like it or not.
Melothan - 85 BE Warlock
Melidorn - 80 Orc Shaman

Quote:I was wondering if people here could let me know what their preferred damage meters are. I love seeing WWS data but sometimes I'd like to evaluate my performance on a boss fight on each attempt so I can improve during the night. I've seen a few damage meters but none have really stuck out as the best one. So please tell me which one you use and whether you like it or not.
I use SW-stats on all my toons currently (except for the bank alt). For my hunter and melee toons, I also use Recap (available off of WoWAce.com) to get better numbers for misses, glancing blows, etc. However, I've been recently pointed to Assessment (also available off of WoWAce), but I haven't had a very good test of it yet. Seems to be kind of a blend between SWS and recap, but again, not much testing done on my part with it yet.

SWS gives me a better look at group details, recap is still preferred for my personal details.

Edit: And yes, I like them both, just for different reasons.;)
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:I was wondering if people here could let me know what their preferred damage meters are. I love seeing WWS data but sometimes I'd like to evaluate my performance on a boss fight on each attempt so I can improve during the night. I've seen a few damage meters but none have really stuck out as the best one. So please tell me which one you use and whether you like it or not.

Treesh covered the big 2 (though oddly I've never set-up Recap to sync even though the newer versions can). Recount (again at wowace) is another one that I used for awhile, but I dropped it because it could chew up memory pretty quickly if you didn't remember to clear it after runs. Recount I think is still the only one that can provide graphs of your DPS over time. My system is too borderline on performance to have any of the memory chewing add-ons running during raids anymore though, especially on a fight where the tank needs to be mobile.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:I use SW-stats on all my toons currently (except for the bank alt). For my hunter and melee toons, I also use Recap (available off of WoWAce.com) to get better numbers for misses, glancing blows, etc. However, I've been recently pointed to Assessment (also available off of WoWAce), but I haven't had a very good test of it yet. Seems to be kind of a blend between SWS and recap, but again, not much testing done on my part with it yet.

SWS gives me a better look at group details, recap is still preferred for my personal details.

Edit: And yes, I like them both, just for different reasons.;)
Yes, I'm responding to myself. You'll deal with it.;)

Assessment takes up half of my current add-on memory usage with ZERO data in it. Something that big, I think I'll pass on. It uses more than both SWS and recap combined for me.
Intolerant monkey.
Just want to add a thumbs up for Recount here. The death notes showing the events leading up to a player's death are invaluable.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Any ideas on how much data recount gathers for an entire raid or not?

I've downloaded it and find the information usefull but still have to get used to the menus and how to get everything out of it that I would like to see.
Melothan - 85 BE Warlock
Melidorn - 80 Orc Shaman

edit: BALETED!
Quote:Assessment takes up half of my current add-on memory usage with ZERO data in it.

Ouch! I rescind my recommendation.
Quote:Ouch! I rescind my recommendation.

Well keep in mind she runs very minimal, but it was still using like 8MB of add-on memory empty.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.