Thanks for the run.
Would like to thank Terenas Lurkers for including a few Nightmare Syndicate in your recent run. We both enjoyed learning the fight and getting to content beyond Kara. My new legs look great and it is appreciated that you included us in the opportunity for gear. Hopefully this is the start of a relationship that will benefit both guilds.

NS is a day 1 casual raiding guild. Its members run the gamut from 5 year old children of members to grizzled veterans. Hmm I doubt if Jawana will like being called grizzled. Currently we clear through Prince in Kara. The majority of our core members have experience raiding PreTBC.

The officers of Nightmare Syndicate will be meeting over the next few days to discuss member participation in Lurker runs and suitable requirements for raiding. Obviously steady attendance, a mature attitude and a willingness to learn new content is bottom line. NS would love to hear your thoughts on a suitable process for guild affiliation.

Quote:Would like to thank Terenas Lurkers for including a few Nightmare Syndicate in your recent run. We both enjoyed learning the fight and getting to content beyond Kara. My new legs look great and it is appreciated that you included us in the opportunity for gear. Hopefully this is the start of a relationship that will benefit both guilds.

NS is a day 1 casual raiding guild. Its members run the gamut from 5 year old children of members to grizzled veterans. Hmm I doubt if Jawana will like being called grizzled. Currently we clear through Prince in Kara. The majority of our core members have experience raiding PreTBC.

The officers of Nightmare Syndicate will be meeting over the next few days to discuss member participation in Lurker runs and suitable requirements for raiding. Obviously steady attendance, a mature attitude and a willingness to learn new content is bottom line. NS would love to hear your thoughts on a suitable process for guild affiliation.

Hi, Crushar,

We were all pretty happy with having both you and Jawana along, and if there are more like you, we'd be glad to reserve some slots on our raids for you and NS. We will likely be looking at SSC content for the next couple weeks, both bosses we have brought down (Lurker, Hydross) and new learning (Tidewalker, Leotheras, Karathress). We raid Tuesdays and Fridays at 8, and while our plans haven't been set in stone, I'm hoping to get a couple weeks of pure SSC under our belt before the 2.3 patch hits. Once it does, it is likely that Tuesdays will become Zul'aman night for us, but that's still under consideration. Friday will almost certainly remain 25-man raiding.

So, here's the tentative offer, to see if we can work out a model that works for you. We reserve some slots on all our raids for NS folks, *if* you feel you can fill them with good people. I figure we start with 5 for the first couple raids, and move that up to more like 7, if things go well? If that many is too many, please let us know, and we'll roster more Lurkers if they are available.

Obviously, we'd like the people involved to be a) fun to play with, and not the kind to cause big drama over strats, loot, etc... (although legitimate concerns will always be dealt with!) and b ) prepared for learning new and fairly difficult content. These are all the things you've emphasized, so we're on the same page. If someone is an awesome player but a complete jerk, we're not interested, but on the other end, we want people who can perform at least well enough for progress. Nobody has to be spectacular, but we do insist on at least being able to hold up their end, and to be fun to raid with in the meantime.

If you're interested and able, we'd love to see you and your friends raid with us. It'll get your players into 25 man content you're not yet able to see, and it will allow us to build on what we've already managed.

-Jester
Thanks for the quick response. This sounds like a good starting point and our expectations for proper raid conduct certainly mirror your sentiments. 5-7 toons seems to be about the right number for our guild. Could vary upward some depending on your needs. We probably have about 15 or so toons geared up from Kara. Any idea on how we would work out and coordinate what flavor toon for raiding? Obviously for guild harmony we would need to include heals, tanks and dps.

Would also love to post your loot rules and raid requirements (if any) or needs(resist gear) on our website so that there isn't any confusion. I gather you use a suicide kings format for loot. NS uses a suicide format as well but roll it over raid to raid to minimize the luck factor. Not suggesting lootz is our primary concern. But I find that if everyone knows what to expect things go more smoothly. I certainly didn't expect to walk out with T4 the other night.:D

At this point we are still discussing this matter in guild and pending officer and member approval. NS is having a meeting Monday to discuss this affiliation. Should we expect to try a test run this Tuesday if the details can be worked out? Looking forward to some new and challenging content.

Crushar
Quote:Would also love to post your loot rules and raid requirements (if any) or needs(resist gear) on our website so that there isn't any confusion. I gather you use a suicide kings format for loot. NS uses a suicide format as well but roll it over raid to raid to minimize the luck factor. Not suggesting lootz is our primary concern. But I find that if everyone knows what to expect things go more smoothly. I certainly didn't expect to walk out with T4 the other night.:D

We have formal rules but the basics work out as follows: Standard Suicide Kings mod (see wowwiki.com) with top person taking a forced suicide if the item is a DE (gets the DE'ed items for the suicide). No bidding for selling or DE'ing. Items must be an upgrade/sidegrade for you to bid. Alternative uses of an item are acceptable (PvP, hybrid toons etc).

The system is very simple and easy to understand/manage. We have also been lucky since most of us know what is/isn't a good upgrade for our toons. A SK list is held on a per dungeon basis. Disputes are settled on the spot with a loot council. Best strategy with the system is to take your upgrades when they fall or you might end up with a void crystal.
Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
I do not like green eggs and spam. I do not like them, Bolty I am.

And banned you are!

-Bolty