2.3 PTR patch notes
Quote:Ripping off more data from the Elitist Jerks boards...

No longer elite:
Borelgore

Not Borelgore! Nooooooooooo!

Poor Borelgore. He was my special friend: Back in my Stratholme-running days, I killed people by fearing them into Borelgore.:(
Quote:He hasn't been a boss mob for a really long time. He is presently 47 or 48 depending on your luck with the pRNG.

This tells me how long it's been since I was in Uldaman...
Quote:Not Borelgore! Nooooooooooo!

Poor Borelgore. He was my special friend: Back in my Stratholme-running days, I killed people by fearing them into Borelgore.:(

Feh, Borelgore was a wimp, I don't know how many times I soloed him... Now he is wimpified for everyone.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:By the time I could get a group together for the Hinterlands elite stuff I was generally overlevelled.

That trinket was amazing for a physical class. I believe I still have it on my (60) hunter, and he even raided a bit. It was well worth cashing in a couple of favors to get a level 60 buddy to help you out.
Quote:That trinket was amazing for a physical class. I believe I still have it on my (60) hunter, and he even raided a bit. It was well worth cashing in a couple of favors to get a level 60 buddy to help you out.
The caster cloak for one of the quests on the Troll mountain there was Outland-worthy.

Quote:The new level ranges of mobs in dungeons:

So, no changes to BRS, Scholomance, Stratholme, or the Dire Mall?

This makes me a sad, sad panda.
Quote:The caster cloak for one of the quests on the Troll mountain there was Outland-worthy.
So, no changes to BRS, Scholomance, Stratholme, or the Dire Mall?

Dire Mall changes: The Perilous Starbucks has been moved closer to the Cinnabomination. This will give players enough energy to get through the JC Penny's of Doom at a lower level.
Quote:Dire Mall changes: The Perilous Starbucks has been moved closer to the Cinnabomination. This will give players enough energy to get through the JC Penny's of Doom at a lower level.

Whatchamean you don't get two for one epics on limited duration item purchases?
Quote:So, no changes to BRS, Scholomance, Stratholme, or the Dire Mall?

This makes me a sad, sad panda.
Those already had pretty tight level spreads on them. You won't find mobs more than 3 or 4 levels apart in those (58-62 in most of them I'm pretty sure)
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:Whatchamean you don't get two for one epics on limited duration item purchases?

No, but you do get 30% off from Zul'Amazon.com and free shipping via Defias Express.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:Those already had pretty tight level spreads on them. You won't find mobs more than 3 or 4 levels apart in those (58-62 in most of them I'm pretty sure)

The problem with them, is that with the introduction of Outland, nobody has any reason to go to them anymore.

The higher level trash mobs are what, 61-62, there? That means you need to be 58-59, if you want to stay within the +- 3 levels range.

Considering that at level 58, you could be doing Hellfire Penninsula for twice the XP, and outland greens, there is really no point whatsoever in going to those instances right now.

And personally, I'd love to see some sort of alternative to BRD.

To be honest, people still do UBRS for their Onyxia/BWL attunements, but that's it. Scholomance, Dire Maul, and Strat are either dead, or are solo-farmed by stealthed classes. I've started playing post-BC, and I haven't even seen the inside of Dire Maul and Strat, and only a small portion of Scholomance - on my level 70 mage. I'd love to see how those instances would play out, if only a few times, on my alts.
The only ways you can make those instances interesting again would be to a.) modify the loot to Outlands-worthy, b.) lower the level of the instances, or c.) make a Heroic version of them.

a.) seems the easiest, as both b.) and c.) would require modification of the loot tables anyway.

Of course, compared to Outlands instances, they are rather long and take significant time.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
In other notes, on the PTR, each site with profession trainers has a Master trainer (up to 300), and any of the old 'expert' or other trainers don't respond to clicks now. No more running all over the world for training in professions, except in sub-professions like tribal LW, etc. No more Uldy runs for enchanters.
--Mav
Quote:No more Uldy runs for enchanters.

I thought they fixed that a while ago by putting the trainer in outland somewhere?
Quote:I thought they fixed that a while ago by putting the trainer in outland somewhere?

If you're not Aldor.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Quote:If you're not Aldor.
There's also the one in Honor Hold/Thrallmar so Aldor folks can do it too.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:There's also the one in Honor Hold/Thrallmar so Aldor folks can do it too.

Alas, that fellow won't help you out until you've hit Artisan. You need the Uldaman one to jump the gap.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:There's also the one in Honor Hold/Thrallmar so Aldor folks can do it too.

Those two are Grandmasters, the Master is on Scryer tier. Grandmasters won't teach you Artisan levels unfortuneately as Bun pointed out.

Quote:Those two are Grandmasters, the Master is on Scryer tier. Grandmasters won't teach you Artisan levels unfortuneately as Bun pointed out.
Oh that's right. I forgot about that. I did the ulda crap and don't have another enchanter so I didn't think about that.:)
Intolerant monkey.
MMO-Champion has a comprehensive list of the PTR changes to items in the old-world instances.

I note there are no changes listed for Blackfathom Deeps and Gnomeregan -- personally, I'm hoping this means there are bigger changes in the works for these two instances (as both suck).
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Tal's edit: NO SPAM FOR J00! :angry: