Want Drama?
Quote:The top 2% are more likely to continue paying their monthly fees if they're catered to;)

Well la-de-freaking-da. So despite a casual players payment, they are worth less because they happen to be unable to devote 10-15 hours of playtime a day, so are unable to get the most godly PvP items, or the most cutting edge raid gear.

In damn near every instance of this its always a couple of schmucks who are waiting for their raid to start, or are epiced out in their PvP sets, and go to prey on people who are just trying to quest.

These are soft, soft targets, who have no way to put up a fight or defend themselves. You are pretty much going in there and saying "Your playtime is worth nothing compared to mine, so I'm going to screw you over."

But to tell the truth, if they can't see that it's someone else's day they're ruining, then theres more wrong with them than I'm willing to get into.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Quote:The top 2% are more likely to continue paying their monthly fees if they're catered to;)

The "bottom" 98% are more willing to keep paying if they're catered to.

What a stupid argument you present.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Not really. The "'bottom' 98%" as you put it will more than likely not get angry enough to stop playing the game. The "top 2%", on the other hand, may very well stop playing if they feel their "accomplishments" have been in some way been made less "meaningful."

I don't really pay enough attention to the various numbers and statistics to really explain why, but you can simply point out that Blizzard has always, without deviation, catered to the "top 2%" of the player-base, and yet millions of people worldwide pay their $15 a month anyway. If it was really such a big deal, people would quit and Blizzard would instead screw over the "top 2%."

Personally, I quit because I got tired of the endless gear treadmill; that's never going to change because it's a large part of how Blizzard generates the subscription fees.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Not really. The "'bottom' 98%" as you put it will more than likely not get angry enough to stop playing the game.

Actually, the only difference is, when people from the bottom 98% leave, they leave without throwing a fit. That's why it's harder to notice.
Also, one person leaving from the "bottom" 98% is harder to notice than one person leaving from the top 2%.

Even if they both throw a fit.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk