DPS warrior threat reduction incoming?
Blue post in warrior forums:

Quote: Not a lot is finalized right now, but we are currently planning to make Improved Berserker Stance provide threat reduction by 2/4/6/8/10% while in Berserker Stance.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...No=10&sid=1#196
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:Fury warrior threat reduction incoming?
Fixed
Quote:Blue post in warrior forums:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...No=10&sid=1#196
Awesome, but unfortunate it's so deep in Fury (unless they move Imp Berserker Stance; unlikely to happen, though). Arms/Fury MS hybrid builds are really appealing (especially to a guild like mine heavy on physical DPS) due to Blood Frenzy giving the raid such a huge DPS boost.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Quote:Awesome, but unfortunate it's so deep in Fury (unless they move Imp Berserker Stance; unlikely to happen, though). Arms/Fury MS hybrid builds are really appealing (especially to a guild like mine heavy on physical DPS) due to Blood Frenzy giving the raid such a huge DPS boost.

I really have very little threat issues as arms with salvation. Except maybe on trash (like that matters). You are far enough behind Fury in personal DPS that it's not a huge deal. Blood frenzy does a good job of being able to output raid DPS while distributing your threat to others.

The change may increase the DPS ceiling on Fury warriors to the point where there is a larger margin between Fury and Arms so that Blood Frenzy is less cut and dry if there's only one DPS warrior. As it stands until you're in like T6 gear, Arms is almost certainly better than Fury unless you're caster stacked.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I really have very little threat issues as arms with salvation. Except maybe on trash (like that matters). You are far enough behind Fury in personal DPS that it's not a huge deal. Blood frenzy does a good job of being able to output raid DPS while distributing your threat to others.

The change may increase the DPS ceiling on Fury warriors to the point where there is a larger margin between Fury and Arms so that Blood Frenzy is less cut and dry if there's only one DPS warrior. As it stands until you're in like T6 gear, Arms is almost certainly better than Fury unless you're caster stacked.
Our Arms DPS Warrior has serious threat issues during raids. I don't know how you set up your raid groups, but our melee group is an Enh Shaman, a Feral Druid, two Rogues and said Warrior. This plus the Teir 3 BS Axe makes him formidable enough to have to drop to white hits pretty often. Unfortunate that he's aggro limited the entire raid and can only break the top ten DPS occasionally.

I really never see Fury being better (provided you have any physical DPS and you only have one DPS Warrior) than Arms as a DPS Spec. Blood Frenzy is way too good to pass up. More than likely, as "main OT", I will spec some Arms/Prot hybrid once 2.3 hits, allowing our resident DPS Warrior spec that 2h Fury build he's been pining for.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Quote:Our Arms DPS Warrior has serious threat issues during raids. I don't know how you set up your raid groups, but our melee group is an Enh Shaman, a Feral Druid, two Rogues and said Warrior.

We're generally running with 3xDPS warriors, 1x Enh Shaman 1x Rogue as our Melee DPS group. (1 Arms, 2 Fury) We've tended to only have the 1 Rogue in the Raid and our 1 Feral Druid is in the MT group.

-WimpySmurf
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
Quote:We're generally running with 3xDPS warriors, 1x Enh Shaman 1x Rogue as our Melee DPS group. (1 Arms, 2 Fury) We've tended to only have the 1 Rogue in the Raid and our 1 Feral Druid is in the MT group.
-WimpySmurf
3 DPS Warriors? Sheesh. Our guild only has three Warriors total. MT, myself and said DPS Warrior:(Luckily we have two Feral Druids...
Quote:We're generally running with 3xDPS warriors, 1x Enh Shaman 1x Rogue as our Melee DPS group. (1 Arms, 2 Fury) We've tended to only have the 1 Rogue in the Raid and our 1 Feral Druid is in the MT group.
-WimpySmurf

That's a lot of warriors. Rogues are way to good to only have one.
Quote:That's a lot of warriors. Rogues are way to good to only have one.

I hear raids are easier with a full 25 also.

We take who we have <_<
Quote:I really have very little threat issues as arms with salvation. Except maybe on trash (like that matters). You are far enough behind Fury in personal DPS that it's not a huge deal. Blood frenzy does a good job of being able to output raid DPS while distributing your threat to others.

I'm actually the opposite. Vs trash you take it easy on the first mob then you can go crazy since all the OTs should have a huge threat lead on you. Plus there is so much execution to do on trash. :wub:I'm usually the top 3 dps on trash and top 5 or 6 all around. Bosses, especially longer ones like VR, really force me to take it down a few notches. With the new buff to imp zerker stance that may be the way I'll have to raid when I'm raiding DPS now... or 10% might mean bubkis in the long run. Guess we will have to see.:unsure:
Assuming you have more than one DPS warrior in the raid, Fury does outperform Arms in terms of pure personal DPS, but Blood Frenzy really is a pretty hot debuff to have. Not sure if the extra damage from Blood Frenzy plus the lolMS warrior's personal DPS would be greater than the Fury Warrior's total DPS, though.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.