Hellgate:London
They have announced patch 0.5. The first two items are huge improvements for me.
Quote:# All players now have 24 character slots.
# Fixed a known issue with the inventory user interface that caused the client to lock up.
3 slots was just ridiculously small and I think all my recent lockups were while messing with inventory. They are working on it:)but I still don't think it will ever have the following of the Diablos or WoW:(.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:They have announced patch 0.5. The first two items are huge improvements for me.
3 slots was just ridiculously small and I think all my recent lockups were while messing with inventory. They are working on it:)but I still don't think it will ever have the following of the Diablos or WoW:(.

Yup, the 3 slots made no sense at all --- if they were going to do that, they might as well have required subscriptions from everyone who played multiplayer. But these wild swings from 3 to 24 slots for nonsubscribers don't make them look good. Who knows where the game will go in the end; but I have to say that, like Diablo, HG:L is much more of the kind of game I enjoy playing more than many others (WoW, Guild Wars, Titan Quest, and any FPS, however good, included).
Quote:To chat use /town, /chat or /newbie.

Quote:I'm assuming /town is a good bet, but I NEVER get a response from anyone.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Must mean that people don't want to talk with you:P
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
It was stable all day, not a single crash Tuesday (conveniently I had a sick day:))

So... who's playing where? (I'm Yehat and Shofixti on Shulgoth)
Does it make sense to create a forum section yet? This is the as close to D2 as we will get, I think:D
Wow, this topic certainly died.

Just in time for me to spot a CE box in the Best Buy and get hooked. <_<

Challenge + Shield Turn + Ward Cleaver FTW!
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Quote:Wow, this topic certainly died.

Just in time for me to spot a CE box in the Best Buy and get hooked. <_<

Challenge + Shield Turn + Ward Cleaver FTW!

Well, honestly there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed before a lot of us would consider the game ready for prime time. Given they are addressing them, but a lot of the issues should have been addressed before releasing the game (honestly, should have just blown off the halloween event and Guy Fawkes event for next year and worked more on the game). Probably a lot of people right now are waiting for the 1.0 patch to see what happens because as of right now, they've dropped the ball for single player patching (IIRC, only 0.4 fixed issues in SP, the rest have all be for MP and a lot of the fixes they did in MP address issues that are also in SP).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Probably a lot of people right now are waiting for the 1.0 patch to see what happens because as of right now, they've dropped the ball for single player patching (IIRC, only 0.4 fixed issues in SP, the rest have all be for MP and a lot of the fixes they did in MP address issues that are also in SP).

Yeah, I'm lurking over on the official boards and reading something about a global feed reduction which sounds great, but my gaming PC has no internet connection and apparently there's no way to patch other than the game's front end so I'm stuck with the release version. :angry:

And while the game definitely has issues, I haven't run into any game-breaking bugs yet. There've been a couple weird and annoying ones, but playing SP I can copy and backup my character files regularly. The game itself is fun and I've been hankering for mindless Diablo-style hack-n-slash for awhile anyway (in fact I was looking for a Titan Quest Gold box when I spotted Hellgate).

I just wish you could swing a sword while moving. The melee combat feels so stiff. <_<
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Quote:Yeah, I'm lurking over on the official boards and reading something about a global feed reduction which sounds great, but my gaming PC has no internet connection and apparently there's no way to patch other than the game's front end so I'm stuck with the release version. :angry:

And while the game definitely has issues, I haven't run into any game-breaking bugs yet. There've been a couple weird and annoying ones, but playing SP I can copy and backup my character files regularly. The game itself is fun and I've been hankering for mindless Diablo-style hack-n-slash for awhile anyway (in fact I was looking for a Titan Quest Gold box when I spotted Hellgate).

I just wish you could swing a sword while moving. The melee combat feels so stiff. <_<

There's a very big game break bug that has been fixed in MP, but is still in SP. If you crash, recall without a return portal, or take the exit from Exodus, you're screwed. There is no way to get back in there and you character is stuck until they fix this in a patch (which they've done from MP, but not SP). You're only choice if you hit this bug is to either delete the character, go back to an earlier incarnation of the character if you've been saving the files as you go, or wait for the patch that fixes this (and considering they're seemingly only fixing MP issues in patches and only occasionally throwing a bone to SP, this is alienating a number of people). From everything I've read, FSS is their own worst enemy with the way they're treating costumers, outright trying to hide deficiancies brought up in constructive manners on the main forums, and only fixing one side of the game while leaving the other to linger (MP vs. SP fixes).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Just thought I would throw this in since it was one of my broken things for this game. I had complained about not being able to jump back to a station and then back to where I had been in the instance. Well, d'oh!! When you pull up the skills page (k key), there is a recall button along with the use right, etc. buttons. I dragged that onto my action bar assuming that was the same as using a personal relocation device. All this time, I have been using that to go back to stations, therefor not having the option to jump back in. Well, today, I did a quick start of another toon and happened to drag a PDR onto the action bar instead. When I used that, I noticed that I now had a portal to jump back into the instance. I thought, "great, they fixed the portal" - d'oh!!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I'd like to start by saying sorry for the slight thread necromancy.

I just picked up HG:L last week and am having a blast, working my way through normal so I can start on HC/HCE and am wondering if there are any lurkers still playing? I'm a sub, toon name is Fragit and I'm in some random 4 person guild. :D

Peace,
~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Hi,

I am on the Euro server.
Quite addicted to game. I am glad I bought it, was not sure what to expect whith all the negativity.
Playing HCE much fun.
Good developer support in my eyes.

BR Anders
I like Stonehenge. :)

Last night, I ventured into Wake Hallow with a friend. We explored until we found Harrow Deep. We had the correct number of Demon Essences, so we ventured in. :ph34r: We explored until we found Hell's Heart. We explored there until we found Errgoth, and managed, with a perfectly reasonable amount of trouble :w00t:, to dispatch him. :lol:

I *like* that the monsters in the area scale with your clvl. No matter which character you bring in, you are going to have an interesting time. Heck, I even like that you can't use PRD's or Party Portals there. I want there to be teamwork and challenge.

Now, what I really want is a new computer. :rolleyes:
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

It sounds sort of interesting. If they had 3-4 times this amount of content at launch, maybe people wouldn't have given up on the game already.
Quote:It sounds sort of interesting. If they had 3-4 times this amount of content at launch, maybe people wouldn't have given up on the game already.

It should not be a subscription based game in the first place. Having it be one puts far too much emphasis on quantity of play over quality. If Flagship tries to beat World of Warcraft at the "best EverQuest clone of the decade" game, they are going to go down in flames. Neither dungeon hacks nor FPS are big "content" genres. Just make the game fun so people play it over and over. Flagship has single player lagging 2 patches behind multiplayer. Their priorities will always be screwed because their is no way they can provide sufficient content to subscribers to justify the price. So the good news is they will keep developing the game, thanks to the subscribers. The bad news is, they will never get to the important stuff. If they had made Stonehenge the first of several expansions, it could be on the back burner during these early months while they fix the various issues that need to be addressed.

I actually like the game, from what little I've had time to play.;) But their entire strategy on how to develop, market, and sell this game is about as intelligent as PETA's "Got Beer?" campaign. It's no wonder their official forums are virtually unreadable with all the disgruntled subscribers.
Quote:It should not be a subscription based game in the first place. Having it be one puts far too much emphasis on quantity of play over quality. If Flagship tries to beat World of Warcraft at the "best EverQuest clone of the decade" game, they are going to go down in flames. Neither dungeon hacks nor FPS are big "content" genres. Just make the game fun so people play it over and over. Flagship has single player lagging 2 patches behind multiplayer. Their priorities will always be screwed because their is no way they can provide sufficient content to subscribers to justify the price. So the good news is they will keep developing the game, thanks to the subscribers. The bad news is, they will never get to the important stuff. If they had made Stonehenge the first of several expansions, it could be on the back burner during these early months while they fix the various issues that need to be addressed.

I actually like the game, from what little I've had time to play.;) But their entire strategy on how to develop, market, and sell this game is about as intelligent as PETA's "Got Beer?" campaign. It's no wonder their official forums are virtually unreadable with all the disgruntled subscribers.

Hence I won't even touch the game until about June or July, let alone subscribe until I find the game worthy of paying for. So far, it hasn't even justified the initial investment, given how horrendously broken it was / is. I gave up on it when my 1-month subscription ended (I tried it for the content; it wasn't worth the money at the time, so I didn't renew).

There IS an incredibly fun game in there, somewhere. I'm still not sure if it's worth paying monthly for, but it has potential, at least. Throwing good content after bad before fixing the inherent flaws in the very core structure of the game, however, is not going to solve anything. Fix the core architecture, get SP up to the same speed as MP, and THEN start worrying about tossing out candy like it was a pinata. Otherwise, they will go down in flames, just as you said.

I wish them the best, but I'm not about to ride on a sinking boat. My gaming time is too little to be wasted on frustration.
Roland *The Gunslinger*