Introduce Yourself Here!
Quote:Sounds like my kind of guy. Do you have a handicap index? Mine's at 8.2 but is unfortunately going up right now.

Lurkers who golf? Man, I haven't played in about 10 years, but I used to be ok. Played on the Lake Erie Junior PGA for 2 years in high school, haven't been out since my dad can't play anymore.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Hi there. Long time Diablo and Warcraft series player. Still play both Diablo games once in a while and while I my World of Warcraft account is expired, I did have a lot of fun while I played.:)
Heya,

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I've been friends with Chesspiece_face and Gum a good little while and I decided to transfer my WoW characters to Terenas and play with them.

I've been play WoW since launch as an on-again off-again hardcore raider with smatterings of casual in between. Left my previous guild due to burnout and dissatisfaction with the current state of Elemental Shaman dps in comparison to other classes.

I've completed every hard mode the game has to offer thus far with the exception of Yogg0-25 and Anub25. ~400 attempts on Anub never regularly getting below 10% makes me dislike ToC greatly. These days, however, I'm just looking for a more casual experience playing the Horde side to see what the quests and lore are all about as I have previously always been Alliance and maybe some raiding along the way.

I have an 80 Shaman, Vellus (Ele/Resto) and an 80 Paladin, Vellaas (Prot/Ret) fully geared on all specs.

Gum and Chess told me to post here first if I was interested in joining the guild and joining in some Lurkers fun,

-Vellus/Vellaas

Quote:I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I've been friends with Chesspiece_face and Gum a good little while and I decided to transfer my WoW characters to Terenas and play with them.

Welcome to Terenas Vell! Excited to have you!

Vell is a better player than Chess and I combined: And his tanking reminds me of Dunar. Hopefully one of the officers can get you access to the Terenas Lurker forums and some guild invites for your toons ...
World of Warcraft/Horde/Terenas
- Gum (Holy Paladin)
- Yüm (Frost Mage)
Quote:I have an 80 Shaman, Vellus (Ele/Resto) and an 80 Paladin, Vellaas (Prot/Ret) fully geared on all specs.

Gum and Chess told me to post here first if I was interested in joining the guild and joining in some Lurkers fun,

Hey Vellus,

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums. So have you moved both toons over to Terenas? If so did you end up changing their names? I've looked for both names and can't find them.

Mel
Melothan - 85 BE Warlock
Melidorn - 80 Orc Shaman

Quote:Hey Vellus,

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums. So have you moved both toons over to Terenas? If so did you end up changing their names? I've looked for both names and can't find them.

Mel

I saw him on the paladin last night, in guild, named vellaas. THe armory hasn't been updated since friday though with levels, so I would assume that server changes are in the same boat.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:I saw him on the paladin last night, in guild, named vellaas. THe armory hasn't been updated since friday though with levels, so I would assume that server changes are in the same boat.

Ok, cool. You know, since many of us know each other in RL I would love to get a spreadsheet together to show who knows who in real life. That way if I feel like annoying someone like.... say Frag, then I know who to say it to so it'll get back to him. I don't get nearly enough opportunities in game. :whistling:

What can I say. I've heard playing a demonology warlock with him tanking is immensely satisfying. (I like making people growl at me)
Melothan - 85 BE Warlock
Melidorn - 80 Orc Shaman

Quote:Ok, cool. You know, since many of us know each other in RL I would love to get a spreadsheet together to show who knows who in real life. That way if I feel like annoying someone like.... say Frag, then I know who to say it to so it'll get back to him. I don't get nearly enough opportunities in game. :whistling:

What can I say. I've heard playing a demonology warlock with him tanking is immensely satisfying. (I like making people growl at me)

It would be interesting to see how people are all interconnected in the guild. It would be a pretty intricate thing though, I mean,

Frag & Tori know Shoju, Vecindak, Kaine, Tabs, and palpy as we are all RL friends:)
Quote:It would be interesting to see how people are all interconnected in the guild. It would be a pretty intricate thing though, I mean,

Frag & Tori know Shoju, Vecindak, Kaine, Tabs, and palpy as we are all RL friends:)

My tree could be really short or really complex. :) I mean several folks I've met online, but I now go visit them, or at least talk to them on the phone semi-regularly. Then there are folks I've know, again pretty much online only, but since before WoW came out, but we've only talked in games or via IM programs. :) Where is the line drawn.:)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote: Where is the line drawn.:)

Sure, trust GG to complicate things.:PAnyone ever told you that sometimes you've just gotta stop thinking and just go jump off that ledge? (it's fun, it's the stopping that's a little difficult)

I'd say you can only count someone as a RL friend if you've actually met them in person and keep in contact with them in some way outside of playing wow/voice chat tied to wow. (and no, LL doesn't count either)
Melothan - 85 BE Warlock
Melidorn - 80 Orc Shaman

Quote:Sure, trust GG to complicate things.:PAnyone ever told you that sometimes you've just gotta stop thinking and just go jump off that ledge? (it's fun, it's the stopping that's a little difficult)

Oh I jump but I can parallel process. :) That's what the mobile computing devices are for, so that I can twitter my deep thoughts while I'm soaring through the air. :P Trust me I'm well aware of the issues involved with not being able to shut my damn head off. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:That way if I feel like annoying someone like.... say Frag, then I know who to say it to so it'll get back to him.
[Image: mr-t.jpg]

~Frag:shuriken:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Hi,

Nice, but couldn't you find a BIG picture? :lol:

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Hello, thought I would introduce myself here on the forum, I am a new comer to WOW by way of a few of my co-workers that are in the Luker guild on Terenas. I played EQ many a years ago (8 years) so I feel very comfortable in WOW, plus life is much easier then it was in EQ.

CptPalmer
Quote:Hello, thought I would introduce myself here on the forum, I am a new comer to WOW by way of a few of my co-workers that are in the Luker guild on Terenas. I played EQ many a years ago (8 years) so I feel very comfortable in WOW, plus life is much easier then it was in EQ.

CptPalmer

Welcome to the lounge you lurker. (he's been reading and not posting till we bugged him enough)

By the way the "coworkers" mentioned would be myself and bonemage. His toon in game is a noob druid by the name of Anlen which he hasn't seen fit to ask for guild membership for just yet. Guess listening to us talk WOW in the carpool was too much of a draw for a former MMO junkie.:P
Melothan - 85 BE Warlock
Melidorn - 80 Orc Shaman

I just wouldn't feel right if I wasn't giving someone a reason to "bust" my head. :P

Besides, I get a warm fuzzy feeling when it comes from Frag. :blush:
Melothan - 85 BE Warlock
Melidorn - 80 Orc Shaman

Quote:Welcome to the lounge you lurker. (he's been reading and not posting till we bugged him enough)

By the way the "coworkers" mentioned would be myself and bonemage. His toon in game is a noob druid by the name of Anlen which he hasn't seen fit to ask for guild membership for just yet. Guess listening to us talk WOW in the carpool was too much of a draw for a former MMO junkie.:P

Thanks Mel, yes talking about it in the carpool was the tipping point for sure. The real balance is the wife agro. Has anyone written a guide on that yet? :P
Hey CPT.

you're Druid is comparable level to a resto shaman I have sitting there. Once you are in guild, or even before that put

Sunetra
Maredeus
Shojin

on your friends list, and if you see me on, send me a whisper and we can run some dungeons and have a grand time.

I will break you in the proper way. Make you tank, and let you die! That's what Swirly or Tris (I had a hard time telling which priest belonged to who) did to me my first tanking run in the guild.... They then claimed it was because they weren't away of my HP being 4k less than what they were 'used' to seeing.... :P

Anyway welcome aboard. We have cookies, and treats. Just don't eat the ones I cooked.
Quote:Hey CPT.
you're Druid is comparable level to a resto shaman I have sitting there. Once you are in guild, or even before that put

Sunetra
Maredeus
Shojin

on your friends list, and if you see me on, send me a whisper and we can run some dungeons and have a grand time.

I will break you in the proper way. Make you tank, and let you die! That's what Swirly or Tris (I had a hard time telling which priest belonged to who) did to me my first tanking run in the guild.... They then claimed it was because they weren't away of my HP being 4k less than what they were 'used' to seeing.... :P

Anyway welcome aboard. We have cookies, and treats. Just don't eat the ones I cooked.

Will do, thanks shoju
Quote:Will do, thanks shoju

Sure thing, and I promise, if you run a dungeon with me, I wont let you die:PI don't do much questing anymore as it bores me to tears seeing it again horde side, but I'm always game for dungeons if I have the time.