For Discussion: How would YOU improve Moonkin?
The title says it all. A Balance Druid can do decent damage, but is quickly outshined in terms of raid utility by a Shadow Priest. How would you go about improving the spec so that it has more utility (thus encouraging use in raids) without making it overpowered?

My #1 solution thus far has been an added effect to Moonkin aura, akin to what they did with Leader of the Pack. If the aura gave some sort of a mana refund along with the crit, that might be all it takes to make their use more appealing.
See you in Town,
-Z
Go back to 40 man raiding. It has more room for offspecs with marginal synergies.
Room for offspecs comes from content that doesn't need finely tuned groups, not the content size per se (except in that it's easier to carry 2.5% of your raid instead of 4%).

My feeling is that Balance doesn't need a whole lot in raids. Long single target fights are it's strength, it scales well with +damage gear and is mana efficient. Allowing Omen on spellcasts would help, as would a little more healing power - I'd like to see it become a role switching build providing DPS or healing depending on the fight. Better itemisation would help too.

I don't think much of it in 5-mans though. Shorter fights, weaker gear, rare cc, no silence or interrupt, limited AOE, weak burst... certainly not my favorite choice to fill a DPS slot.

Soloing I'd like to see Moonkin available earlier - around level 20 or so as a trained skill to make both Balance and Restoration more attractive as levelling builds. The trained version would provide armour and mana-by-melee but not the aura which would stay a talent.

Get rid of the absolutely useless mana-on-hit, add a different bonus which is actually beneficial, and give Moonkin aura the mana-equivalent of Improved Leader of the Pack.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Well, first off, get rid of the white meat. It's dry and doesn't taste all that great. The dark meat is the best part. Maybe make the moonkin have 6 legs instead of 2? Lower the price of [Shake 'n' Bake] at the vendor. [Shaked 'n' Baked Oomkin] is a great buff food (and tastes delish!!), but instead of +30 Stam and -30 MP5, I'd prefer to see +spell damage.
</wryresponse>

I don't have a lot of experience playing with a moonkin, and none playing one myself. I think that it could be a very viable tanking option (or at least OT option) if they added a +threat buff along the lines of Righteous Fury and some sort of taunt. Also, they definitely need a resist pushback skill to make that viable. I love having the Moonkin Aura in my party, though.
Terenas (pst !enchant <keywords> or !craft <keywords> to any of my characters)
Shimoyake 375 SW Tailor / 375 Enchanter (Exalted w/ Scryer, CE, Sha'tar, Thrallmar, LC, VE; Revered w/ KoT)
[Image: 551160rumOC.png]
Shikigami 375 SW Tailor / 375 Skinner (Honored w/ Aldor)
[Image: 551176xgSAM.png]
Kosokoso 375 Alchemist / 375 Herbalist (Revered with CE)
[Image: 551190IuloU.png]
et alts