Wireless Headphones
I'm in the market for some useful bluetooth headphones. I am interested in a pair I can use with both my phone and computer (with built in mic for both applications), at home, on the go, and light exercise. I do NOT need a separate transmitter unit as both my phone and computer are bluetooth capable. Basically a single pair that will work good for everything I'd need it for, as opposed to 2 or three that work the best for just one use.

Most phone headsets are only for one ear, worthless for music. Most headphones don't come with a mic, worthless for a phone. My search has lead me to some various styles of Sony headphones which are near the bottom of the product list (starting at product DR-BT10CX). There are four styles available: earbuds, clip-on, neck band, and over the ear. Unfortunately there are no suppliers in my area that carry these models so I can't really judge them based on the limited info and the single picture provided by Sony. I am just looking for feedback about what style would be the best option for me. I'm not particularly loyal to Sony; others didn't seem to have the mic though, plus the page has the different styles listed conveniently.

Earbuds: The most common type, plus I like em. Decent sound, highly portable, plus you are still alert to outside sounds. I'm unsure about the clip-on unit and how long the cords to it are, though. Since these are so similar to corded buds, is it really worth the price to save a little bit of hassle?

Clip-on: I've never used a clip-on style, let alone a double clip. I kind of like how it has a small, retractable wire that connects them. I am just wondering how well they set while running and how easy it is to put on as it's rude to keep them on during class even if off.

Neck band: I've never used this type either, but it seems like an upgrade to the original style of headphone that went over the top of the head (which I never really liked). One problem I had with the old style was getting the foam speaker to sit comfortably on my ear without losing contact with the ear and being way too soft on one side or the other. I am thinking this is probably the best option for me, however. No wires, and I can slip it off to set around my neck quickly. Of course, I am not sure I really like how they look on the ears, but maybe I could get used to it. Also, I read this in the specs: "Format(s) Supported: Supported Codecs: SBC, MP3" Is it just me, or WTF does audio format have to do with the headphones?

Full: Ok, these are the best for audio quality and noise reduction, obviously. They would make a great set for using at home on the computer, but I think it would look odd walkin around in them.

Any other brands or styles that you would recommend?
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
I'm not much of help here, since the only time I use bluetooth is for my phone. I could point you towards a comfortable earpiece, but that's about it. But I did want to throw my two cents in on bluetooth technology in general. Until Bluetooth 2.0 (which, if I recall correctly, came out only in the last year or so) the best you could do was mono. So before you sink your money in a headset, make sure you're going to get true stereo from both devices:)

Cheers,

Munk
I'm sure some people like them, but I can't stand behind-the-head headphones. Unlike the ones that sit on top of your head, behind-the-headphones need to rely on being sufficiently tight to stay in place. The last pair that I had simply wouldn't stay put after a couple of months. I guess "metal fatigue" or "plastic fatigue" made them less snug over time. I had to rig up a little sling for them that went over my head to keep them in place. Ridiculous.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman