The new dungeon que feature kicks ass
I've found that you often don't even need to tell someone to stop aggroing things if you just let them tank it for a while. With one exception (a particularly annoying paladin healer I let die because he was running ahead to pull things while we were still fighting a given group) I think everyone I have run into has stopped being a moron when I start delaying how long I take to taunt things off of them.

As far as DK chain pulling is concerned, I usually either try to pull two groups at once (so I can D&D and spread diseases to all at once) or I just stop using runes toward the end of a given fight to let them refresh for the next pull. I've found that after the DPS kill the second mob in a given pull I usually have an insurmountable aggro lead on everything else so I don't really need to build more aggro other than auto attack. :)
-TheDragoon
Quote:threat probs due to my gear (not enough expertise)
Due to the fact that the majority of your threat bonus moves come from two abilities that cannot be dodged, parried or blocked expertise while very helpful is not critical to a DK's tps.

Cheers,
~FragB)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
I always found that with a DnD, HB + BB and they were stuck like glue to me. Maybe one more HB, but I also haven't been a Frost tank for a while so don't know how well that still works.

(Frag, assume from 2 moves you mean DnD & Rune Strike, since they did remove the no dodge/block/parry from FS).

-WimpySmurf
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
Quote:I always found that with a DnD, HB + BB and they were stuck like glue to me. Maybe one more HB, but I also haven't been a Frost tank for a while so don't know how well that still works.

(Frag, assume from 2 moves you mean DnD & Rune Strike, since they did remove the no dodge/block/parry from FS).

-WimpySmurf

Oh my AoE Aggro is insane. Once I get DnD/HB/BB in you are hard pressed to pull aggro off of me. The problem that I'm running into is on Bosses. In heroics my threat will bounce around in a fight from 3500 to 8k TPS. I think it might be that I try to move to a different rotation on bosses - DnD - HB - BB - ERW if it is up and then IT - PS - BS - Ob - Ob.

Bosses are what has me thinking that 16 expertise is a little weak, and the main reason that I have shied away from raiding on her. I would hate to get into a position where I'm killing people because of my low TPS at times. I hadn't been back to EJ in a while, I'm in the process of going over things in there to make sure that I'm not doing it wrong.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:I think it might be that I try to move to a different rotation on bosses - DnD - HB - BB - ERW if it is up and then IT - PS - BS - Ob - Ob.

Why start with D&D on a single target? Also, do you have rune strike macroed into your single-target stuff?
--Mav
Quote:Why start with D&D on a single target? Also, do you have rune strike macroed into your single-target stuff?

When ERW is up DnD - HB - BB is just a TON of upfront threat, and when I was just starting with IT - PS I would lose aggro and have to taunt before I got the boss locked down. I have Rune Strike Macro'd into BB - BS - Ob - PS - FS, but not into IT and HB. I don't know why, but I had some rationale for it when I laid out most of my macros.

I finally won a new DPS 1h'er, so I'm going to be swapping out one of my Rimefang's for a Nighttime next time I remember to go and put a rune on it.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
For what it's worth, I haven't had any major problems when starting out with IT-PS on heroics. Occasionally some over-zealous noob will start going full-bore immediately (or even before I pull) and then I just do IT-PS-taunt and keep rolling with my normal rotation. If people don't even give you a GCD to actually get started, it's their fault if they die, not yours. :)

As far as DW tanking, having a slow MH weapon should be a nice boost to your threat.
-TheDragoon
Many times I DC as I run in, then IT, PS, DS, HS, HS (OB, BS, BS for you). I know that DC isn't the best usage of RP for a Frost DK, but it is a ranged cast an dmg = threat.

-WimpySmurf
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
Quote:Many times I DC as I run in, then IT, PS, DS, HS, HS (OB, BS, BS for you). I know that DC isn't the best usage of RP for a Frost DK, but it is a ranged cast an dmg = threat.

-WimpySmurf

hmm... I will have to dig DC out of the spell book and put it back on a bar. I hadn't thought about that.
Quote: or I just stop using runes toward the end of a given fight to let them refresh for the next pull. I've found that after the DPS kill the second mob in a given pull I usually have an insurmountable aggro lead on everything else so I don't really need to build more aggro other than auto attack. :)

This is similar to what I do when warrior tanking. Get a lead, then coast to build rage for the next pull.

Random queuing is random. Sometimes you get the random freakboy with ADD who isn't satisfied unless you pull half the instance, wipe, and let him rant for a few minutes on how much everyone (else) sucks because we wiped.

My other main complaint about random queuing is every time you're in HoR people want to exploit. Some groups will go along with me when I say I won't. Others vote kick me.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:This is similar to what I do when warrior tanking. Get a lead, then coast to build rage for the next pull.

Random queuing is random. Sometimes you get the random freakboy with ADD who isn't satisfied unless you pull half the instance, wipe, and let him rant for a few minutes on how much everyone (else) sucks because we wiped.

My other main complaint about random queuing is every time you're in HoR people want to exploit. Some groups will go along with me when I say I won't. Others vote kick me.

exploit? What exploit?
Quote:Random queuing is random. Sometimes you get the random freakboy with ADD who isn't satisfied unless you pull half the instance, wipe, and let him rant for a few minutes on how much everyone (else) sucks because we wiped.
Last night I got a winner. It was a Druid healer in PoS who whined and whined and whined at the start that I should pull faster (note this is before I had actually started pulling). I then chainpulled everything up to the gauntlet. Once at the gauntlet, I paused a second to let people get mana, the healer mounted up and proceeded to pull the first half of the gauntlet. Then as soon as he made it to the middle, he left the party, resulting in a quick wipe for the rest of us.
-TheDragoon
Quote:Last night I got a winner. It was a Druid healer in PoS who whined and whined and whined at the start that I should pull faster (note this is before I had actually started pulling). I then chainpulled everything up to the gauntlet. Once at the gauntlet, I paused a second to let people get mana, the healer mounted up and proceeded to pull the first half of the gauntlet. Then as soon as he made it to the middle, he left the party, resulting in a quick wipe for the rest of us.

My cat was on fire. Sue me. :P
Quote:exploit? What exploit?

That was my first reaction as well. First time I've heard of an exploit in there.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:That was my first reaction as well. First time I've heard of an exploit in there.

Here's my guess, I don't think it's really an exploit and as a DK I find it harder to control.

You can let Arthas pass you and tank everything behind him instead of in front of him. This gives you a little bit of more margin on how fast you need to kill stuff. Plus you get more time to pound on the Aboms.

-WimpySmurf
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
Quote:Here's my guess, I don't think it's really an exploit and as a DK I find it harder to control.

You can let Arthas pass you and tank everything behind him instead of in front of him. This gives you a little bit of more margin on how fast you need to kill stuff. Plus you get more time to pound on the Aboms.

-WimpySmurf

Oh, that...I heard about that early today and s'posedly it's been fixed.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Here's my guess, I don't think it's really an exploit and as a DK I find it harder to control.

-WimpySmurf

To me, that's an exploit. Part of the encounter is dealing with Arthas advancing on you. Removing that is cheating to me. Not 'Lurker OK' to me.

It's not like that part of the encounter is 'hard' doing it the right way. If you can make the waves at the beginning, the other isn't a big deal.

Try to do that in a run with me and I'll leave/refuse to do it that way, same as Conc.
--Mav
Quote:To me, that's an exploit. Part of the encounter is dealing with Arthas advancing on you. Removing that is cheating to me. Not 'Lurker OK' to me.
Indeed. I was in a group that did it - I stated my objections at the concept, but went along to see what it actually involved. I wouldn't do it again, it's clearly an exploit. The whole idea of the last section, quite obviously, is that you are being chased by the Lich King. He kills you if he catches up to you. Following behind him completely wrecks that.

-Jester
The thing that amuses me about that is that it seems completely unnecessary. I have yet to have a single group that fails on that portion of the instance if it was able to clear the start. I guess now that they've nerfed the front end maybe we'll see more issues in the latter part of the instance (as groups that might have had problems up front can now make it to the back) but it still seems strange to even bother. :)
-TheDragoon
Quote:The thing that amuses me about that is that it seems completely unnecessary. I have yet to have a single group that fails on that portion of the instance if it was able to clear the start. I guess now that they've nerfed the front end maybe we'll see more issues in the latter part of the instance (as groups that might have had problems up front can now make it to the back) but it still seems strange to even bother. :)

That is the one heroic I have never cleared on my DK. I just don't know how to go about doing it to get through it without sucking. I haven't been back in there since I got a decent amount of upgrades, I just remember getting utterly annihilated by 2 footmen shadow striking me in quick succession. I would like to try the middle method of tanking it, but not sure if I can pull it off.

I have tanked every other heroic with ease (and I'm actually closing in on Glory of the Hero :blink:) and have had some people tell me that they love the way I tank things (like Ramp trash in PoS).

TL:DR - WTB Ally Lurker run in H:HoR with people who don't mind a tank trying to figure out how to tank the place.