Questing Fire mage needs help .
Hey folks

Been away a while and came back to lvl my fire mage mage up , I have played her since day 1 of WoW release in Europe and always been fire . I have other lvl 70's etc and had no problems , unlike the ones I face now .
Everything appears to be either immune / heavily resistant . I'm now at lvl 68 and on 150% rested which is nice , and would like to quest the experience away . I am almost max tailoring and gathering mats for the spellfire set too , so respeccing is not really an option .
On to the areas . I had to miss out a lot of Bladespire quests . cats / ogres , especially ogres are fire resistant , big chain of quests . Netherstorm again quite heavily resistant , moved into eco domes , barely scratched anything in both domes . Was'nt very healthy for me hanging around , so I thought my last option would be Shadowmoon valley , get there and first 3 quests I tried , Immune/ heavily resistant / heavily resistant . I use a mixture of frostbolt /arcane missiles / frost nova / arcane missiles / wand to finish , not perfect and certainly not mana efficient , this can mean eating or drinking after any fight .
So you see my dilemma , I cant use any fire spells , not good . All I can think of is going to places like Nagrand and farming day after day but I really would like to get some quests in . I PvE , rarely raid and never ever PvP . I like the PvE content and find it quite acceptable to have many many alts , I like to level , but I would also like my mage at 70:)
Any advice on areas I can manage etc would come in extremely useful at this point , thanks .

Take care .

Edited for Almost Max tailoring and not "Max" tailoring .
Take care
This seems a bit odd, really. I ran fire from 1 - 70, and don't recall the problems you are facing, in those zones. What's the alt's name? With that, we can check the armory, and see if anything leaps out.

Malanicar is my fire mage, the spec he has now isn't what he used to level with, but its not that far from it. And yes, with fire immune mobs I used a lot more mana - frostbolt, AM, AM, frostnova, ice lance then arcane blast until target drops.
My experience doesn't match yours at all. I went 60-70 in deep fire spec and the only things that stopped me were fire elementals, which were immune. What mobs are you seeing heavy resists on?
Quote:My experience doesn't match yours at all. I went 60-70 in deep fire spec and the only things that stopped me were fire elementals, which were immune. What mobs are you seeing heavy resists on?

Yeah I was quite suprised , I seem to remember questing fairly easily until my break , I even checked my talents because I thought they were'nt on , that's how bad it seemed . I'm actually barely scratching anything with fire atm , I mean I can Pyro / fireball / fireball . scorch etc and see barely any health dropping , switch to a frostbolt and sizable chunks coming off . Like I say , Cats and all the Ogres in bladespire , even the raptors I believe . Moved to netherstorm , same again cats / crocs / mana wyrms etc . Shadowmoon the immune and of course I knew the felfire Dimetrodons may be resistant , living in lava after all:), even the spectrecle ghosts all heavily resistant . It feels like my talents are'nt working if you know what I mean . I'm off to Nagrand when I log back in , see what happens , I know for a fact I had no problems there before my time away .

Name is Mortissa EU Dragonblight , you can check my gear , it's not the best I dont do many instances , but I dont think I should be having the problems I am having , thanks .

Okay something is wrong , I just went to Nagrand and Pyro critted a lvl 65 Clefthoof bull for 607 , then followed up with a fireball for 66 crit , yet AM and frostbolts are doing way bigger damage:P. I'm sure I quested on those np before , off to check Windrocs .
Take care
silly question, but you didn't somehow pick up low ranks of your spells to put on your bar?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:silly question, but you didn't somehow pick up low ranks of your spells to put on your bar?

OK I love you:)

I went straight in and checked , my UI had upgraded everything except my Fire spells , Scorch was acting at the highest rank , every other fire spell was level 1 , thanks a lot , had me pulling my hair out , never taking a break again .

Take care
Quote:OK I love you:)
Of course! Why would you be any different from everyone else?;) Glad it was that simple.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:I went straight in and checked , my UI had upgraded everything except my Fire spells , Scorch was acting at the highest rank , every other fire spell was level 1 , thanks a lot , had me pulling my hair out , never taking a break again .

Hehe this happened to me too. Prior to TBC, you had to specify the ranks of your spells in macros, so when you got new ranks you had to update your macros. Some bar mods did this automatically for non-macros, some didn't.

Now you can just /cast Smite and get the top rank by default.

Our first trip to Karazhan I was trying to keep up a mage who was doing AoE... with a Flash Heal Rank 5... :blush: