Castro Dead
That sure is going to change up some of the politics down that way, I imagine.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:That sure is going to change up some of the politics down that way, I imagine.

Fidel Castro is dead?

-Jester
I'm truly grieved I had to resort to this particular 'news' site to pull something up, apparently none of the reputable's are carrying it.:whistling:

Rumors of Fidel Castro's Death Swirl Around Miami

~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:I'm truly grieved I had to resort to this particular 'news' site to pull something up, apparently none of the reputable's are carrying it.:whistling:

Rumors of Fidel Castro's Death Swirl Around Miami

~Frag

LOL "Some people say Fidel Castro is dead."
I'm calling dibs on his stockpile of cigars.
Quote:That sure is going to change up some of the politics down that way, I imagine.

Any loot?
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Eh, that's what I get for listening to the radio. =/
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Any loot?

[Castro's Cap of Extraordinarily Long Speeches] [Che Guevara Memorial Pocketwatch]

... third week in a row on the Cap. All our casters have it already.

-Jester
Quote:[Castro's Cap of Extraordinarily Long Speeches] [Che Guevara Memorial Pocketwatch]

... third week in a row on the Cap. All our casters have it already.

-Jester
/thwaps Jester, "Back in the box! Back in the box!"

~Frag :wacko:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Hopefully when the time comes, he dies out of state. If he dies in Cuba he may live forever....
Quote:Hopefully when the time comes, he dies out of state. If he dies in Cuba he may live forever....
As far as we can tell he may as well be brain dead. His brother is running things day to day anyway.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:As far as we can tell he may as well be brain dead. His brother is running things day to day anyway.

Well, Raul stepped in as figurehead. The administration in Cuba has been prepping for this for a long, long time now.

Castro has really just been a symbol for some time anyway.

-Jester
Quote:Hopefully when the time comes, he dies out of state. If he dies in Cuba he may live forever....

Hopefully?? Why? You already found a few other `enemies´ in the meanwhile right?
You don't care about Castro now that you have Chavez or am I wrong?

.... sorry for my reaction...I just spend three weeks in Jesusland so I have got a bit of an overload of patriotism and stupidity.:D

Quote:Hopefully?? Why? You already found a few other `enemies´ in the meanwhile right?
.... sorry for my reaction...I just spend three weeks in Jesusland so I have got a bit of an overload of patriotism and stupidity.:D

Ok, now I am relaxed again.

seeing that the source was 'some people from Miami' I wouldn't take this news too serious.
Quote:Hopefully?? Why? You already found a few other `enemies´ in the meanwhile right?

Potholes and fruit flies are a bigger concern to me than Castro or Chavez, but I imagine the people in those countries could do better.

Quote:Potholes and fruit flies are a bigger concern to me than Castro or Chavez, but I imagine the people in those countries could do better.
I'm just looking for those cool Cuban "Save the Planet" sandals in the US somewhere.

[Image: Sandaliasr.JPG]
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Potholes and fruit flies are a bigger concern to me than Castro or Chavez, but I imagine the people in those countries could do better.

You are right.I think free trade and no boycots would do wonders for them. The only thing the US is doing for Cubans now is keeping hard drugs illegal so that once the flee the country they can make some nice money in Miami.
(sorry still a bit jet lagged)
Quote:I'm just looking for those cool Cuban "Save the Planet" sandals in the US somewhere.

[Image: Sandaliasr.JPG]

Come on. Big talk from somebody from a country in which many people don't have maps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZABeQ5vkpXM

:D
Quote:Come on. Big talk from somebody from a country in which many people don't have maps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZABeQ5vkpXM

:D

Eppie, what the hell does that have to do with anything in this thread?

Oh, wait, it doesn't. You're just baiting people into an argument for no reason. Again.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Eppie, what the hell does that have to do with anything in this thread?

The same as plastic shoes have.

But if you find it all right to complain about a country you (or me) haven't been to (or maybe you went once to lie on the beach) whereas I cannot post things about a country that I have been to many times, than I will stop now.

And you know my position. I know that the thread was posted as just the notification of a fact or rumour, but I have been around here long enough that many people find it amusing to continue saying how bad some countries are. I think that (if you are American) discussing about how bad Castro is, him being leader of 'an enemy state', knowing that your governments pays journalists in Miami and Cuba to write what it (your government) wants so knowing that you will have no correct information, and that this same country suffers from boycots imposed by your country, just does not make sense. I mean you might be right, the things that are said about Cuba might be true, but to put it nicely, the source is not very reliable.