Slam DPS guide
Check out:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?t...ageNo=1&sid=1#0

This looks interesting for a DPS build based around Slam. It treats Slam somewhat like a hunter's Steady Shot, very dependent on the autoattack timer due to the fact that it resets the autoattack timer. It pretty much assumes you are arms/fury (31/30/0, or 33/28/0 to get Blood Frenzy for your raid) for much of it.

I found it interesting. What I haven't done is vetted his theorycraft, hoping to have our DPS war experts here look at it and comment on it, I do not play a warrior.

It's a PDF so quoting bits here is a pain, but here are some teasers.

Quote:Slam dps is a lot harder to play than fury warriors if you want to be #1 dps. It s no mindless spamming and you need to keep track on a lot of cool downs, especially if being fury 2 hand slam warrior (which has the highest potential for your own dps). If you are not prepared to give 110% don t try it, you will be disappointed, go dual wielding fury as it s a lot easier to play. Shaman is a must have in your group. It s extremely vital you have a WF totem all the time. Yes even after the wf nerf. Slam dps is fairly easy to get gear for, while dual wielding is much more requiring. 2h fury slam scales extremely well with gear.

Quote:So never double slam, even if MS and WW are on cooldown, it just costs rage and lowers your dps. Use the time to recast Battle Shout or something, if you have excess rage use Heroic Strike to up your dps.

Quote:As we can see weapon speed affecting slam DPS very much is a myth. While the hit s will be weaker you will also increase the amount s of slams and mortal strikes. More importantly if you use Bloodrage instead (which is not dependant on weapon speed) you get the following numbers (let say BR do 1210 damage) showing that the 3.5 is actually better than the 3.8 when using the 21/40/0 build (read below)
I don't use slam much. My experience with it is that it's incredibly difficult to do right. With fights where you have to dance, run around, whatever, the timing gets interrupted and you fall back on cooldown spamming for a bit until the timing gets right again.

WF hotnerf also destroyed most of the effectiveness of a slam build because by delaying autoattacks, you are reducing WF procs too.

It's good in theory, but incredibly difficult to achieve in practice. When I've done practice sessions on the invincible mobs near the portal, Slam usage always came out comparable DPS to simple MS / WW / Overpower cooldown usage... and those are ideal conditions where I don't have to move. Now I don't use quartz, so I could potentially get better at Slam DPS, but I'm just not seeing a real reason to focus on it at this point.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I've been using a 2H DPS slam build for the last 2-3 months, and it is a lot of fun. I started with the 31/30 build, then did the 20/41, and am now 33/28. It's funny reading that guild, because it's exactly what I've been doing the entire time. The rotation is exactly the same I came up with.

The build took a huge hit with the WF nerf, but is still respectable. It is still pretty dependent on what kind of group you are in. Having an enhancement shaman and a feral druid in your group is huge.

If your raid only has one DPS warrior it is defiantly worth having a 33/38 warrior. I am usually in the top five in DPS, and add about another 150 DPS just from the BF debuff.

(It's also a fun PvP spec;))
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Quote:If your raid only has one DPS warrior it is defiantly worth having a 33/38 warrior. I am usually in the top five in DPS, and add about another 150 DPS just from the BF debuff.

I imagine you would definitely be in the top 5 in DPS, if you're lv. 80.

:lol:

-Jester
That's basically what I've been looking to do with my Warrior if I ever get her up near level 70. Slam is great to follow up your auto-attack with and then you throw down other attacks afterward. It seems like it can be a very good build now that you can pick up Flurry with MS, so I will have to give it a try, some time. :)
-TheDragoon
Quote:I've been using a 2H DPS slam build for the last 2-3 months, and it is a lot of fun. I started with the 31/30 build, then did the 20/41, and am now 33/28. It's funny reading that guild, because it's exactly what I've been doing the entire time. The rotation is exactly the same I came up with.

Thats the same rotation Shalandrax came up with when she was Arms too.
When I took Conc's theoretical Slam dps build and specc'd it on Tiga at 66 I was pulling 600 dps in Sethekk with a WF totem. Broke 700 by lvl 70 in Shadow Labs. On mobile fights, you're just a MS warrior w/o MS, but on tank'n'spanks you're a 2h god.

It works, but you better have quartz, you better know how to keep a beat and you better have a WF-bot on a chain (Hello Miss Treesh. :().

YMMV,
~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:you better have a WF-bot on a chain (Hello Miss Treesh. :(.
No WF for you until I get me a VT priest for these long fights!
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:No WF for you until I get me a VT priest for these long fights!
[Image: lolcat1354970.jpg]
[Image: stfuaboutwf.jpg]
Quote:[Image: stfuaboutwf.jpg]

I have no idea what this picture is about :whistling:.
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
[Image: WFTime.jpg]
Quote:[Image: stfuaboutwf.jpg]
I literally LOL'ed. That's golden.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:[Image: WFTime.jpg]
Not relevant, but that little Scottish Fold kitten is one of the cutest kittens ever. I would love to have one with solid blue gray puffball fur. Awwwww... so cute.:blush:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Not relevant, but that little Scottish Fold kitten is one of the cutest kittens ever. I would love to have one with solid blue gray puffball fur. Awwwww... so cute.:blush:
Yeah, he's a heart-melter, I (poorly) edited it from the original which is: Is It Can Be Furi Tiem Now Plees?

Cheers,
~Frag :blush: