WF totem nerf hotfix
Now Blizzard is saying slam should NOT proc WF. So that sucks. I'll have to spend some time thinking if I want to stick with a 2H build or switch over to DW fury.
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Quote:they may have just murdered Belf Ret Paladin dps.

Quote:How do you kill that which has no life?
Ignorance is bliss, eh Dennis?

~Frag :lol:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Looking at the bigger picture it sucks for anyone who raids. Raid DPS will go down. Looking at individuals within the raid, some go up if it makes sense to drop GoA instead of WF, but this isn't a "positive" change for any raid.

I guess if you're selfish it matters in a raid environment.
It's a not a negative change for Feral druid DPS. That's all I'm saying.

Feral druids aren't taken along for their DPS, for one single reason. We don't get weapons, so anyone who does leaves us in the dust with scaling. WF totems is one of the scaling factors.

No, it's not a positive change for a raid. Not at all. Feral druids don't really need to be taken along for their DPS; we serve much better as tanks. There could be some who do not want to tank, though, and this helps them be competitive as DPS. (And sometimes we are taken along as DPS rather than tanks, even though this isn't optimal.)

The real solution is of course to give Feral druids actual weapons (with procs), so we aren't artificially limited in the DPS department, but Blizzard doesn't seem to want to do that. From a Feral druid DPS perspective, this change treats the symptom rather than the cause.

Quote:That's only if WF for the warriors/rogues doesn't still outweigh GoA for everyone. Given just how far ahead WF was before ... it probably will still be ahead, for most groups.
Probably, yeah. Depends on how your group is composed, of course.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Considering what the 77agi does to my crit rating, I'm not complaining too much about a bit of added synergy between groups. Yay, there is now a bit more flexibility in the makeup of groups, instead of just warr, warr, rogue, rogue, shaman.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Considering what the 77agi does to my crit rating, I'm not complaining too much about a bit of added synergy between groups. Yay, there is now a bit more flexibility in the makeup of groups, instead of just warr, warr, rogue, rogue, shaman.

Except ... not. WF is still that much better than GoA for combat rogues, and incredibly better than GoA for warriors (agi->crit sucks for warriors and they get more rage) that it doesn't change the synergies at all.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Except ... not. WF is still that much better than GoA for combat rogues, and incredibly better than GoA for warriors (agi->crit sucks for warriors and they get more rage) that it doesn't change the synergies at all.

...Not according to the massive amount of QQ'ing I'm seeing. Or are you saying that folks are...*gasp* overreacting?;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:...Not according to the massive amount of QQ'ing I'm seeing. Or are you saying that folks are...*gasp* overreacting?;)

Meh. Same as the <insert class here> nerf QQing we've seen already since TBC came out. Probably overblown, and it may get adjusted before it's all done with, anyway. I just tune it out, and wait to see how it all works out.

Will it hurt DPS? Some. Was WF overpowered? Yeah, it was. It scaled a little *too* well. Was this amount of nerf right? I don't know. I guess we'll figure out what works best, once Blizz decides whether they're done tweaking on it.

--Mav