Question: Spell reflect + Playing with Fire =?
What happens in the follow scenario? For ease of discussion using small even numbers

Mage has Playing With Fire. Base fire attack does 100 damage. Mage hits target, and does 103 damage.

Now, target has spell reflect up. Does mage take 100 + 3 damage for 103 fire damage: or 100 + 3 + (3%x103) for 106.x fire damage? I.E. does spell reflect create +3% damage target would have taken plus the +3% damage you normally take from fire damage?
Last I checked, spell reflect reflects base damage, not counting any talents. I'm not sure if it includes +dam that the mage was using.

For this reason, ice lance is particularly useful for eating reflect. It's instant and has low damage that pretty much relies on the target being frozen to do anything approaching decent damage.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote: I'm not sure if it includes +dam that the mage was using.

I believe it does as Shal has insta-gibbed a couple of 3 minute mages the times I've pvp'd on her since speccing prot.
Quote: I.E. does spell reflect create +3% damage target would have taken plus the +3% damage you normally take from fire damage?

Yes, it does.

Trivia: prior to patch 2.1, Magtheridon's Shadow Grasp (from clicking manticron cubes) and Scalding Water in SSC were considered DoT effects dealt by the player and received by the player. Mages with Playing with Fire received +1.609% damage from those effects.
Quote:Last I checked, spell reflect reflects base damage, not counting any talents. I'm not sure if it includes +dam that the mage was using.

For this reason, ice lance is particularly useful for eating reflect. It's instant and has low damage that pretty much relies on the target being frozen to do anything approaching decent damage.

It does take the mage's +dmg and can crit. Was careless in a BG and killed myself. The general rule is a warrior with a shield gets ice lanced if your moving or rank 1 frostbolt. You want to put him in combat so he doesn't get charge. If no reflect, check rage for <25 and then start nuking/sheep/slow. If rage >25, its a hard dance for the mage if you are fire/arcane. Stick to instant cast and remember AoE cannnot be reflected (rank 1 blizzard for the frost mages w/ talents).

I don't know about talents. I'll have to check the next time I screwup, if a crit will trigger ignite on me.

Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Yes, Spell Reflect takes talents into effect. I've hit Mages with Impact, Ignite, and Frostbite numerous times.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Yes, it does.

Trivia: prior to patch 2.1, Magtheridon's Shadow Grasp (from clicking manticron cubes) and Scalding Water in SSC were considered DoT effects dealt by the player and received by the player. Mages with Playing with Fire received +1.609% damage from those effects.

This effect persists. If a Beast Mastery hunter is in your party and procs Ferocity, the scalding water will deal 3% more damage.
See you in Town,
-Z