BlizzCon: New content playable on Friday
Quote:I was just wondering if we could sacrifice Swirly for this. it could be like a pre-fight good luck ritual.

As long as you wait till after I pickpocket I'm fine with it...
Quote:Swirly:

I have seen the future.

It is murder.

-Jester

Not for me if I'm one of the Death Knights ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:As long as you wait till after I pickpocket I'm fine with it...

But then they'll see you and kill you, robbing us of the sacrifice!
It may be impossible to be made more of win than this:

[Image: wow111.jpg]

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Fixed. Only deathcoil.

The others were raising dead, unholy aura (move speed + health regen, IIRC), and killing your units for health.

Dark Pact was the "killing your units for health" ability. It's also a Warlock ability. The idea of a tanky-DPS hybrid that's evil incarnate would basically be a warlock in plate without a pet.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:It may be impossible to be made more of win than this:
-Bolty

Impressive. Looks pretty well-done.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Dark Pact was the "killing your units for health" ability. It's also a Warlock ability. The idea of a tanky-DPS hybrid that's evil incarnate would basically be a warlock in plate without a pet.

I would say since WoW Dark Pact returns mana and not health, it is actually the Lich ability "Dark Ritual" - that ability returns mana and not health, although it drains health and not mana. The warlock and lich abilities also share an icon. I would say, the name not withstanding, there is still room in the game for an ability where you drain an ally's (rogue's) life. Wacking the rogues might synergize well with the improvements to lightwell and circle of healing.
Quote:I would say since WoW Dark Pact returns mana and not health, it is actually the Lich ability "Dark Ritual" - that ability returns mana and not health, although it drains health and not mana. The warlock and lich abilities also share an icon. I would say, the name not withstanding, there is still room in the game for an ability where you drain an ally's (rogue's) life. Wacking the rogues might synergize well with the improvements to lightwell and circle of healing.

Perhaps true, but warlocks also have Soul Link, which *does* let you sacrifice your minions health for your own (albeit at only 20% of your damage taken, but still)
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Quote:It may be impossible to be made more of win than this:

--Picture--

-Bolty
Nice shot, Bolty. Are the red eyes from the camera, or are these actually red contact lenses?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:Perhaps true, but warlocks also have Soul Link, which *does* let you sacrifice your minions health for your own (albeit at only 20% of your damage taken, but still)

And then there's Sacrifice, the voidwalker ability that lets you kill your VW for a shield (AKA health)

Quote:Nice shot, Bolty. Are the red eyes from the camera, or are these actually red contact lenses?

Those are definitely contacts cause if it were red eyes from the camera they'd be more beedee.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Not for me if I'm one of the Death Knights ...

Ah, but wouldn't Death knights be able to sacrifice other Death knights? Because you know that (almost) every new non-healer (alt) will be a Death Knight, resulting in an obscene amount of "4 DK LF1M Healer for [every 5man from 60 to 80],".

Especially given the disparities between PvE and PvP specs for some characters, everyone and their accountant will be rolling a Death Knight as an Alt--Blizzard really needs to release more than one kind of hero class, or we're going to be inundated.

Quote:Blizzard really needs to release more than one kind of hero class, or we're going to be inundated.
I would love the 'Keeper of the Grove' druid hero class as 2nd option. We'll see ...
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Hopefully DK-enabled accounts will be able to create other characters of the same starting level. You'll still get a lot more DK than other classes created as alts but it won't be 100%.
Quote:Hopefully DK-enabled accounts will be able to create other characters of the same starting level. You'll still get a lot more DK than other classes created as alts but it won't be 100%.

That might actually make me try and get a DK if I could make other classes start at L60. I'd be happy to start naked with 150 gold and my epic mount and not be able to delete that character for at least 2 months (so that you can't just make money making and deleting toons). I'd even deal with having to level weapons and professions from scratch. Being L60 with maxed skills in 5 hours is better than doing it in 36 hours (or whatever, that's faster than I've done it, I think my L50 BE pally is at just under 3 days /played right now).
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Hopefully DK-enabled accounts will be able to create other characters of the same starting level. You'll still get a lot more DK than other classes created as alts but it won't be 100%.
Y'know, that would be really nice... If doing the DK-thing enabled you to create characters of the other classes at the same level.

Levelling is fun and all, but it gets repetitive, and frankly, with the DK starting at high level, it'd be fair.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:That might actually make me try and get a DK if I could make other classes start at L60. I'd be happy to start naked with 150 gold and my epic mount and not be able to delete that character for at least 2 months (so that you can't just make money making and deleting toons). I'd even deal with having to level weapons and professions from scratch. Being L60 with maxed skills in 5 hours is better than doing it in 36 hours (or whatever, that's faster than I've done it, I think my L50 BE pally is at just under 3 days /played right now).
Even being able to just start at level 50 or 60 with no money/gear/skills would be better than starting at level 1. Unless they go back and fix the 20-58 content its going to be really hard for me to work up the nerve to level another alt.

As for death knights. If they only release 1 hero class to start I will be very disappointed. Unless they can heal, tank, and dps instance groups will be horrible, and if they can do all those things they will be grossly under/over -powered for the first few months while blizz tries to figure out how to balance them.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
I would also love to see the ability to create any class at level 50+ instead of starting at 1. I enjoyed the old content the first two times I went through it, but the 2nd 2 and this latest...eh...couldn't wait to get out of it and join the "real" game of WoW :P
[Image: 398611nxqZf.png]
[Image: 398692clWcy.png]

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Bellona - 60 Human Warlock
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest

-=Tichondrius=-
Zheelu - 52 Troll Rogue
Creating a character shouldn't increase the total gold of the account but starting naked wouldn't fit either. At first glance I'd allow purchase of hero tokens for (gold/badge of justice II/other) by level 80 characters that have done the DK quest. Each hero token permits creating one high level character with equipment of total value somewhat less than the cost of the token.
Quote:Creating a character shouldn't increase the total gold of the account but starting naked wouldn't fit either. At first glance I'd allow purchase of hero tokens for (gold/badge of justice II/other) by level 80 characters that have done the DK quest. Each hero token permits creating one high level character with equipment of total value somewhat less than the cost of the token.

Or you just have decent starting gear designed specifically as starting gear, with a sell value of (near) 0.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!