PvP Server Hunter Pets
Which hunter pet would you take with you for long farming runs on a PvP server, where occasional player attacks/ganking are common:

- a wind serpent (with lightning breath)
- a bat (with screech)
- a boar (with charge)
- the good ol' pvp cat (dps)

or something entirely different?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:Which hunter pet would you take with you for long farming runs on a PvP server, where occasional player attacks/ganking are common:

- a bat (with screech)
- a boar (with charge)

My Blood Elf hunter on Tichondrius has Mazzranache and Clutchmother. Sad that Mazzranache does not get to keep poison when tamed.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Is there a special reason - besides their beautiful looks and their relation to the blood elf mounts - why you've chosen these tallstriders on a PvP server?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:Is there a special reason - besides their beautiful looks and their relation to the blood elf mounts - why you've chosen these tallstriders on a PvP server?

Mostly the looks, but also the fun of going into an Alliance zone at an early age to tame Clutchmother.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
The intercept stun on my Felguard is priceless in PvP, so I can only imagine it would be similar on a boar. That extra bit of time to get range would probably be a worthwhile tradeoff for the lower DPS.

Owl/Bat screech only affects physical DPS, so that's approx. half the classes it's ineffective against. If you have trouble vs. physical DPS classes then it'd be useful.

You will typically get ganked when you're already engaged in combat, so it's worth considering that whatever skills your pet may have will probably be on cooldown anyway. I'd pick whatever you consider to be the coolest looking pet. Personally I'd go for Zarakh. At least you'd have a chance of scaring away would-be gankers who have arachnaphobia.:)
Quote:Which hunter pet would you take with you for long farming runs on a PvP server, where occasional player attacks/ganking are common:

- a bat (with screech)
- a boar (with charge)

I'd go with a Scorpid. You can stack the poison after you set Viper Sting or Serpent Sting, meaning anyone trying to dispel the Sting would have to dispel the scorpid poison stacks first; by the time they accomplish that, they've already lost a fair bit of MP or HP from your Sting. Plus the poison itself does a pretty good amount of damage, and it scales with your AP.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.