Terenas -- anyone else for Fri morning arena?
GG, Treesh and I started doing our 3v3 team Friday morning just because our schedules matched, but 5v5 is where the real points are, and that can include more people. is there anyone else who can make Friday mornings (~8-10 server time or thereabouts is when we have been doing our matches, I may be able to start a little earlier than that, but dunno about Treesh and GG).

Even if it can't be made regularly, people only need to participate in 30% of matches. So if we have a 2nd time, we can do about 50% on Friday morning and about 50% at some other time Treesh and GG can make but I can't and get more people accumulating points.

Also, I wouldn't mind exploiting the S.Priest / Warlock synergy while it exists in 2v2. for another morning (Monday or Thursday are best). My s.priest is pretty well geared for PvP at this point (10.5k health with fort, 240 resilience), and we could probably jump into the 1700-1800 range pretty readily with a reasonable warlock (which is like 400-500 points per week).
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:GG, Treesh and I started doing our 3v3 team Friday morning just because our schedules matched, but 5v5 is where the real points are, and that can include more people. is there anyone else who can make Friday mornings (~8-10 server time or thereabouts is when we have been doing our matches, I may be able to start a little earlier than that, but dunno about Treesh and GG).

Even if it can't be made regularly, people only need to participate in 30% of matches. So if we have a 2nd time, we can do about 50% on Friday morning and about 50% at some other time Treesh and GG can make but I can't and get more people accumulating points.
Also, I wouldn't mind exploiting the S.Priest / Warlock synergy while it exists in 2v2. for another morning (Monday or Thursday are best). My s.priest is pretty well geared for PvP at this point (10.5k health with fort, 240 resilience), and we could probably jump into the 1700-1800 range pretty readily with a reasonable warlock (which is like 400-500 points per week).

Yeah I mentioned this to Conc this morning.

Our 3v3 with Mogo, Marn, Concillian is now up to 1581 rating. But poor Conc (his warrior main) is stuck on the Krashenk, Taiza, Conc team which is down at 1430 now (we did very badly on them this week) partly because Treesh and I just don't put nearly the time into gearing Krash and Taiza as Conc has into gearing his priest. Neither team is an ideal class mix, but we get gear slowly.

If you take a look at The MMO-Champion Arena points calculator (there are others out there but I like MMO-Champ) you'll see that if you want to get 350 arena points a week you need a 1554 3v3 rating, but only a 1431 5v5 rating.

The Spriest lock duo if they run at 1750 or so rating would be pulling in 484 arena points. For those curious about what this gets you the points for the arena rewards.

Legs - 1875
Helm - 1875
Chest - 1875
Shoulders - 1500
Gloves - 1125
1 Handed Weapon - 2625
Off hand Weapon - 1125 (note there is no main hand only weapons only 1 handed and off hand)
2 Handed Weapon - 3750
Ranged Weapon - 3750
Totem/Idol/Libram - 1000
Shield - 1875

Krashenk is 2 to 3 weeks away from a weapon. Marn should be at 2246 points on Tuesday so 4 to 5 weeks from the Crossbow at this rate (I've got the season 1 legs that I kinda wish I hadn't gotten even though I do wear them in raids at times).

But if I could hold the same 5v5 rating as we do 3v3 I'd cut at least a week off the time. :)

Oh and just to put some more info in this points the BG honor rewards take the following:

Bracers - 11794 H, 20 WSG
Belt - 17850 H, 40 AB
Boots - 17850 H, 40 EotS
Cloak - 9435 H, 20 AB
Trinket - 16983 H
Ring - 15300 H, 10 AV
Ammy - 15300 H, 10 EotS
Gems - 6885 H or 8500 H

800 - 1200 honor an hour is pretty reasonable if you just join PuGs.

So if you do 1 hour of arenas and hold about 1500 rating and 3 hours of BG's a week. You'll get a new item from each about every 4-5 weeks so 2 new purples a month for 4 hours a week of time. On AV weekends getting 1500+ honor an hour isn't unreasonable either.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I've given some thought to doing some Arenas with Vreeslik. I'm currently out of town, and a bit more distracted than normal, so I'm still a bit unsure of my schedule, but I may be interested in some of the arena action, both the S.Priest and Warlock 2v2, and as a member of a 5v5 team. To my knowledge, I should be able to make Friday mornings for the most part, and possibly another morning in the week. I'll be home again next week and will have a better feel for what's happening.

EDIT: Gah....website locked up on me...when it finally caught up....3 posts. D'oh
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
I've given some thought to doing some Arenas with Vreeslik. I'm currently out of town, and a bit more distracted than normal, so I'm still a bit unsure of my schedule, but I may be interested in some of the arena action, both the S.Priest and Warlock 2v2, and as a member of a 5v5 team. To my knowledge, I should be able to make Friday mornings for the most part, and possibly another morning in the week. I'll be home again next week and will have a better feel for what's happening.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
VoiceMan

Terenas:
I am interested in doing some arena with frost and or dawn, but I cannot do mornings.
Cheers,
Frostburn / Dawnstrider
Quote:I am interested in doing some arena with frost and or dawn, but I cannot do mornings.

Kind of hijacking this thread but I would also like to 5v5 with Yuri. Thinking Mon or Weds at 8pm. Back to back games just to get it over with.
Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic