Goldspamming Gnome Corpses
A picture says a thousand words:
[Image: goldspamgnomessr3.jpg]

The newest strategy being used by a gold-selling website is to teleport-hack level 1 gnome character into a major city and drop them to their deaths, spelling out the name of the website in the process. It's beginning with the servers starting with the letter "A" and working its way down the alphabet right now.

Good times.

Edit/Addition: Apparently Blizzard is trying to combat this one. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...&pageNo=1&sid=1
See you in Town,
-Z
That is beautiful on so many levels. At the least, gnomes end up dead.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Good indication that Blizzard's Report Spam function is working well. I occasionally used to report gold seller spam in chat now I always do.

Pretty extreme to a) do such an elaborate hack andB)have multiple accounts banned every time you're caught

And I suppose it is a step up from the newish method of a gobbledegook-named character inviting random people into a raid group, then constantly bombarding them with goldselling spam.

My new shaman character kept getting invited while levelling in Mulgore, so I made a point of accepting then reporting. Once, on accepting another raid member was spamming something along the lines of "raid leader is a spammer, report him and leave." The problem being that this "helpful" raid member was spamming at an insanely high rate, pushing the goldspammer's contributions off the scrollback before I could find them.

So I reported them both. No spam in any form, plzkthx.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I wonder how many of those Gnome corpses belong to compromised accounts? It wouldn't take too many accounts to do this, if you made the max number of gnomes per account ( is it 8 or 10 now?)
Quote:That is beautiful on so many levels. At the least, gnomes end up dead.

Amen.
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee
Quote:And I suppose it is a step up from the newish method of a gobbledegook-named character inviting random people into a raid group, then constantly bombarding them with goldselling spam.

My new shaman character kept getting invited while levelling in Mulgore, so I made a point of accepting then reporting. Once, on accepting another raid member was spamming something along the lines of "raid leader is a spammer, report him and leave." The problem being that this "helpful" raid member was spamming at an insanely high rate, pushing the goldspammer's contributions off the scrollback before I could find them.

So I reported them both. No spam in any form, plzkthx.

That's interesting, I was wondering why these random people keep inviting me to groups when it's obviously a gold spammer name. I'll have to start accepting and reporting them as well. That'll make it much easier to report them.
Melothan - 85 BE Warlock
Melidorn - 80 Orc Shaman

Quote:I wonder how many of those Gnome corpses belong to compromised accounts? It wouldn't take too many accounts to do this, if you made the max number of gnomes per account ( is it 8 or 10 now?)
None of them. They are all using the free 10-day trial accounts.