Giant Robots and 'Splosions
I got lucky and had a chance to attend to a pre-premiere showing of the new Transformers movie yesterday.

I'll try to avoid spoilers and just say that if you enjoyed the cartoons or animated movie(s) then you''l likely also enjoy this. The only Oscar it'll have a chance of winning is for special effects, but it does have a good chance at that one.

If you see it expect laughs, action, explosions and giant robots beating each other up. Only big negative is that outside the action scenes it focuses almost exclusively on the humans. Sometimes the bots are around, but they are not the focus of the non-action stuff.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Quote:If you see it expect laughs, action, explosions and giant robots beating each other up. Only big negative is that outside the action scenes it focuses almost exclusively on the humans. Sometimes the bots are around, but they are not the focus of the non-action stuff.

Although its entirely understandable (and predictable from the first preview) the emphasis on the humans and not the bots is disappointing. I always liked the focus on the autobots in the old transformers cartoon - and bots like bumble bee providing the means for a light hearted prod. Guess this means there won't be any light hearted auto bot parties (I seem to remember the animated series having a lot of these) - but all in all I think i'll survive;)

Glad to see a positive review so far. I just hope this movie time around optimus prime lives past the 30 minute mark :P

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:I just hope this movie time around optimus prime lives past the 30 minute mark :P

Cheers,

Munk
Well, he does survive a bit longer than it takes for him to be introduced.<_<
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->