Omen Threatmeter
I know it's been mentioned in gchat a few times, but I was reading the LJ community worldofwarcraft and came across a link to the WoW forums with further links to the WoWAce site for Omen.

Wiki
DL ZIP

It can track threat on multiple mobs at the same time. It also handles aggro wipes correctly (according to the notes). It is still in Beta, but I think I'd trust an Ace Beta better than most other mods' Release.

I know that on some of the raid content, aggro management is paramount. In Heroics, if you pull aggro as a clothy, you get hit; you die. If someone over aggros Prince in Kara, he won't pull, but he might enfeeble the tank; then everybody dies. I have a lot of dislikes about KLH, and the author's response that everyone who wants him to improve it can bugger off is near the top of that list. I think I'll be switching over to this when I get home tonight.

Terenas leaders, what do you think about this for the guild as a whole? I know no one is required to have a threatmeter, although it is highly recommended for any instancing. Should we change over the recommended mod to this one? Omen will show what KLH reports as someone's threat level, but KLH doesn't reciprocate. Say I have Omen for Shim, and Sham has KLH. Omen will show me what KLH thinks Sham's aggro is and what Omen says mine is. But if I have KLH and Sham's updated to Omen, I can't see the threat he has as tank. Should we maybe put together a run of some instance with an aggro-wiping boss and test out Omen before recommending it?

I'm just putting the info out there and wanting to see what everyone thinks.
Terenas (pst !enchant <keywords> or !craft <keywords> to any of my characters)
Shimoyake 375 SW Tailor / 375 Enchanter (Exalted w/ Scryer, CE, Sha'tar, Thrallmar, LC, VE; Revered w/ KoT)
[Image: 551160rumOC.png]
Shikigami 375 SW Tailor / 375 Skinner (Honored w/ Aldor)
[Image: 551176xgSAM.png]
Kosokoso 375 Alchemist / 375 Herbalist (Revered with CE)
[Image: 551190IuloU.png]
et alts
Quote:I know it's been mentioned in gchat a few times, but I was reading the LJ community worldofwarcraft and came across a link to the WoW forums with further links to the WoWAce site for Omen.

Wiki
DL ZIP

It can track threat on multiple mobs at the same time. It also handles aggro wipes correctly (according to the notes). It is still in Beta, but I think I'd trust an Ace Beta better than most other mods' Release.

I know that on some of the raid content, aggro management is paramount. In Heroics, if you pull aggro as a clothy, you get hit; you die. If someone over aggros Prince in Kara, he won't pull, but he might enfeeble the tank; then everybody dies. I have a lot of dislikes about KLH, and the author's response that everyone who wants him to improve it can bugger off is near the top of that list. I think I'll be switching over to this when I get home tonight.

Terenas leaders, what do you think about this for the guild as a whole? I know no one is required to have a threatmeter, although it is highly recommended for any instancing. Should we change over the recommended mod to this one? Omen will show what KLH reports as someone's threat level, but KLH doesn't reciprocate. Say I have Omen for Shim, and Sham has KLH. Omen will show me what KLH thinks Sham's aggro is and what Omen says mine is. But if I have KLH and Sham's updated to Omen, I can't see the threat he has as tank. Should we maybe put together a run of some instance with an aggro-wiping boss and test out Omen before recommending it?

I'm just putting the info out there and wanting to see what everyone thinks.

Most of us have actually been running Omen for a couple of weeks now.

As you mentioned since we don't require people to have mods we haven't really pushed it, but we talk about it in the raids a fair bit and I think Treesh even went and got Omen which for those that know her and her attitude towards mods should attest to it's quality and value. And you can run KLH and Omen side by side with no ill effects as well which is what I've been doing. But we've been recommending Omen a fair bit. Most of it happens during the beginning of the raids though and since your job is very mean to your WoW schedule you end up missing a lot of that.

That being said I'm not a fan of relying on anything listed as beta even something that is as promising as Omen so I won't even make it the official unofficial mod till a release version hits. I also tend to avoid the beta versions of KTM if things were going to be sensative even though they were always rock stable. That's just me. Like I said I'm running Omen and if everyone else is, even though it's beta I'll have it. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:I think Treesh even went and got Omen which for those that know her and her attitude towards mods should attest to it's quality and value.
Actually, I'm just poking around with it right now. It's not nearly as annoying to me as KLM was (or KLH or whatever the hell the abbreviation is), UI-wise. Still not really handy for me though. If it's something that doesn't take much healing, I just watch the pretty numbers change and try to not get bored.;) So, me running it right now doesn't really say anything about it yet. I'm still fiddling with it. Being able to choose the sound of high threat is nice though. I do have to see if there's one I like that's not completely intrusive but still noticeable enough to say "Hey, don't play with that bugged surge of light chain possibility right now" if I'm playing lazy on Taiza. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Being able to choose the sound of high threat is nice though.

Oh, that's a feature I'd love! KLWTF doesn't have that, so if I'm not paying attention, I get aggro anyway. SCT or Xperl (I'm not sure which) has a sound it plays when I'm low on mana, and the screen border flashes red below a certain health percentage. And Decursive plays a different sound when someone gets cursed or whatever I can dispel. Sounds are good as long as it's just a warning. Too often and I'll tune it out.:P I guess

I'll be running both for a while, then. Hopefully, with practice, my typing speed will be good enough for a day job next time they're posted.;)
Terenas (pst !enchant <keywords> or !craft <keywords> to any of my characters)
Shimoyake 375 SW Tailor / 375 Enchanter (Exalted w/ Scryer, CE, Sha'tar, Thrallmar, LC, VE; Revered w/ KoT)
[Image: 551160rumOC.png]
Shikigami 375 SW Tailor / 375 Skinner (Honored w/ Aldor)
[Image: 551176xgSAM.png]
Kosokoso 375 Alchemist / 375 Herbalist (Revered with CE)
[Image: 551190IuloU.png]
et alts
On SR we've got a few running it so far, and it really is nice. Between the pullout threat bar (hint: pull out the "Aggro Gain" bar! It then adapts to your target's current aggro holder), the sound/visual warning, and tracking threat for multiple targets, it's very much ahead of KLHTM.

The problem with recommending it is that it's updated constantly, once I caught 15 updates in a single day. And until it reaches "1.0" status, some of those updates occasionally include something that's not backwards compatible. Check your party's revisions, if you see "Incompatible" they're running something that might not work with your version due to a change. That's why I haven't called for a complete switch yet. I know at least some people will be slow updating, so their first version downloaded should be 1.0 quality.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
As of yesterday, the latest build doesn't handle Solarian's aggro wipe (or whatever she does to her aggro) when converting to demon form at 20%; it also gets confused after al'ar's death (showing me and some other ranged dps as > 150% tank threat even after al'ar had been taunted back to tanks multiple times).

bad KTM data will make the output less clear, I turn off accepting data from KTM whenever all the tanks have compatible omen (most of the time)

I really like the seperate threat library/threat ui scheme, perhaps someone will write a shadowpriest threat meter UI that can simultaneously watch my threat on the thing i'm nuking and keep track of my heal/mana aggro on AOE trash at the same time for fights like tidewalker or illhoof.

-- frink