Timbermaw Defender - Exalted Reward
I'm wondering if the Timbermaw Defender, which you can call forth with a horn, scales with your actual character level. I.e. if you're level 70, the defender will also be 70. This Timbermaw Exalted reward ist pre-TBC, so I'm curious if it's still worth it.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
The comments at wowhead.com indicate that he does not scale, stays level 60, and is worth very little at 70, although he can be called in the arena. I believe even at 60 it was mostly a novelty item anyway.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21326#z0z
Thanks, too bad that it doesn't scale. I hope that Blizzard will some time revise at least the good pre-TBC content - like this one - to keep it attractive.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Isn't it much, much harder to get to exalted at 70 now anyway? The rep rewards for kills scale, I think, so you get like 1 rep per kill now.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Isn't it much, much harder to get to exalted at 70 now anyway? The rep rewards for kills scale, I think, so you get like 1 rep per kill now.

-Bolty
You only get 1 rep per kill of the normal furbies, 5 rep (instead of the 25 it used to be) for the guy in cave above the winterfall village. It's 75 rep per turn-in of beads.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Isn't it much, much harder to get to exalted at 70 now anyway? The rep rewards for kills scale, I think, so you get like 1 rep per kill now.

-Bolty
Yes, but the character that shall get the Furbolg trinket in the future is just 46 atm;)

-Bolty

Of my characters, Fafner got the trinket the first day that it was introduced. Baguette, my priest, who is now 65, got the trinket a week or so ago. In my opinion it is now much easier to get exalted than before they introduced the beads. Two additional factors, however: when Fafner was doing it, the furbolgs were heavily farmed, and it was hard to find a mob to kill. The area, at least on Stormrage, is still heavily farmed but not as bad as it used to be. Also at 64-65 Baguette was still getting exp and the full five rep points from the higher level mobs up until revered. My guess is that for a level 70 character to get exalted now would be no harder than it was originally for Fafner. Baguette would argue that Fafner is a noob.

As to the utility of the trinket, that is not the point. I have only seen someone use it once in pvp, and as I recall it didn't help them much. The peasant caller or even the battle chicken is much better. The Timbermaw ancestor might have a psychological effect however. In pve it does do something. Baguette and a rogue friend found themselves in a mildly sticky situation. The ancestor hit the mob with a couple of lightning bolts and kindly healed the rogue (something Baguette was not about to do). Neither Baguette nor the rogue died.

If I see the ancestor scaling in level I will report back.

What Blizzard changed that I don't like is that the torch for summoning Xandivious is no longer obtainable once you have turned in the quest. You used to be able to get replacements as many times as you liked. I'm thinking of getting Woad exalted just so she can get a torch to keep.

Edit: Zandivious is spelled with an "X".
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."

-Bolty

I can verify that it is 1 rep per kill for the regulars and 3 for the chieftain in the Felwood camp at level 70, but I can kill 6-8 of them at once without trying too hard. The turn-ins for the feathers are still full value (75 rep per 5). I'm at Unfriendly and trying to get Honored for the two weapon agility enchants. Long slog...
Terenas (pst !enchant <keywords> or !craft <keywords> to any of my characters)
Shimoyake 375 SW Tailor / 375 Enchanter (Exalted w/ Scryer, CE, Sha'tar, Thrallmar, LC, VE; Revered w/ KoT)
[Image: 551160rumOC.png]
Shikigami 375 SW Tailor / 375 Skinner (Honored w/ Aldor)
[Image: 551176xgSAM.png]
Kosokoso 375 Alchemist / 375 Herbalist (Revered with CE)
[Image: 551190IuloU.png]
et alts
Quote:Long slog...

PTR Patch 2.2 notes have this to say:
The following old-world factions have had their acquisition rate significantly increased: Cenarion Circle, Argent Dawn, Timbermaw Hold.
Quote:I can verify that it is 1 rep per kill for the regulars and 3 for the chieftain in the Felwood camp at level 70, but I can kill 6-8 of them at once without trying too hard. The turn-ins for the feathers are still full value (75 rep per 5). I'm at Unfriendly and trying to get Honored for the two weapon agility enchants. Long slog...
FWIW there is a better version of the 2h agility from Arcatraz, and they are adding a 1 handed version to the violet eye vendor next patch. Something to keep in mind unless you are doing it for completeness.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:FWIW there is a better version of the 2h agility from Arcatraz, and they are adding a 1 handed version to the violet eye vendor next patch. Something to keep in mind unless you are doing it for completeness.

I've also been trying to get that Arc Agi enchant. The thing is that the Arc Enchant is level restricted, and Benn wants AGI on his lvl 19 Twink's weapon, so it is necessary for that part.
Shimoyake 375 SW Tailor / 375 Enchanter (Exalted w/ Scryer, CE, Sha'tar, Thrallmar, LC, VE; Revered w/ KoT)
et alts
Quote:I've also been trying to get that Arc Agi enchant. The thing is that the Arc Enchant is level restricted, and Benn wants AGI on his lvl 19 Twink's weapon, so it is necessary for that part.

Well Treesh can do the +15 already, but you are on at 1 in the morning when Benn is playing the twink and she isn't. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Well Treesh can do the +15 already, but you are on at 1 in the morning when Benn is playing the twink and she isn't. :)
Probably should go back and get all these things for completeness, anyway. Oh, and get exalted with every faction possible. Anyone want to blow up Booty Bay with me? ;)
et alts