Pre-Release Demo
Does anyone still have the Pre-Release Demo? Not Spawn, but the "First" one? I had the misfortune of being born too early (1990) to really play this when i was 6ish... So id like to play/see the origional. So i am basicaly asking: Does anyone have a link to download or can email it to jimmykongbong@yahoo.com?

Much Appreciation and thanks if anybody can provide it -Ace
Here it is
Its "extended" version. In original Pre-Release there is just dlvl 1 available. In this version you can go up to the dlvl 4 (if youre lucky enough and "right" monsters are picked to appear). I have to recommend Win XP or any other operating system with multitasking though. Game will freeze quite often (mostly because missing monster files) and for instance in WIN 98 it means restart every time. And that sucks.

If youre interested in exploring I can send you save file with all Pre-Release unique items, spells and some money for repairs. Unfortunatelly, guys from Diablo Pre-Release web didnt find it interesting, but I think its great.
If you ever wanted cast Doom Serpent, Blood Boil, Sentinel or fire from Gloomfang, swing with Humongous Edge, Skull & Chain, Dufus staff ..... or try to wear "old old old school Constricting Ring" or "Infravision ring" then you should definatelly try it.

There is link to the great Diablo Evolution site
It surely worth time to visit it !!! Just distinguish between facts and speculations.
sure that'd be great, send me all you got on it lol. I kinda hoard D1 software. my email is jimmykongbong@yahoo.com. Much appreciation for this, ive never had a chance to play it.

-Thanks, Ace.
Im very sorry for late answer Ace. I was quite bussy at work.

I could send you files with Pre-Release unique items and spells immediatelly, but there is something I have to tell before you or anyone will download it.

To Pre-Release unique items save:

1) When you wear any mail or plate armor, your character will still look like in light armor.
Thats not correct in fact. There are different graphics for medium and heavy armor. But since the graphic is not present in Pre-Demo files, I had to change it. Otherwise the game would freeze immediatelly when you would try to wear such armor.

To Pre-Release spells:

1) Apocalypse, Etherealize, and skill spells are not learnable. I just made them available so you can test it

2) That starting stats are - of course - boosted. IMO It gives you much better posibility for exploring.

Maybe there something more. If I recall something important, ill write it here.

In expanded version I linked above you can get to dlvl 3 with unique save and dlvl 4 with spell save.
Since its save files, you have to unpack it and put all files into "Save" folder of your Pre-Release Demo.

Have at least as much fun with exploring as I had with making that files.

All Pre-Release uniques items are here
All Pre-Release spells you can test here

Have a fun