Unique Item variables?
Does anyone have a list of Unique items that have variable stats? For instance, Naj Light Plate can have ??-50 ac and Helm of Sprits can have the defense of a regular helm? JG lists Scavenger's Carapace as having anywhere from -6--10 ac, but I'm interested in the stats that aren't listed in JG. If they are listed in JG please let me know:blush:
The magical properties of unique items are listed in Jarulf's Guide, including the variable ones. Unique items, like magical items, do keep the properties of their base items (unless one of the magical properties of the item overrides it). So for example, to find the AC range of a Naj's Light Plate, you simply look up the AC range of plate mail. To find the STR requirements for a Stormshield, you simply look up the STR requirement for tower shield and gothic shield.
I see. I thought that was the case. However, JG does not list the fact that Civerb's Cudgel can be found as either a club or a spiked club. Are there other Uniques that are like Storm Shield and Civerb's in this respect?
That's because it can't be - you are thinking of the gnarled root.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Quote:That's because it can't be - you are thinking of the gnarled root.

Doh, you got me, that's what I meant.
Jarulf's Guide does list those. And those are the only unique items that occur on multiple base items, unless you count jewelry (there are 3 base items called "ring", identical except for having different qlvl, to prevent rings from becoming too rare late in the game).
"Does anyone have a list of Unique items that have variable stats?"

I'll take that as a "no".
edit: Looks like I was a fool
That's all pretty much in the guide if you look for it...
Yeah. All such items are stated in JG. And BTW: Im absolutelly sure, that Ring of Engagement has -1 or -2 DFE (damage from enemies). Maybe there are another items you forgot mention.
Quote:Yeah. All such items are stated in JG. And BTW: Im absolutelly sure, that Ring of Engagement has -1 or -2 DFE (damage from enemies). Maybe there are another items you forgot mention.

The enemy AC reduction (which in reality is more like a small chance to hit bonus) is also different on different RoEs. Only thing is, the value of that property is not revealed to the player.