The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:Whisky Tango Foxtrot!

So... Who will be playing who?

Interesting. Too bad the article doesn't reveal anything other than "a movie is coming!".

We don't even know if its going to be live action or 3d modeled. Made for DVD anniversary, or the big screen? I'll wait a bit longer before I start grasping for straws.

Though if it does happen, I do secretly hope a certain someone actually does the voice acting for Cain. Wouldn't that be a hoot?;)

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:Anyway, according to the official Legendary Pictures website, they're about to move forward with a movie version of Diablo.

I don't see anything about a Diablo movie in the works on the official Legendary Pictures website. Where is it?
Didn't they claim that many years ago and even had some short preview live at a theatre (that is what you call a place showing movies right?). This was short after they registered the trademark Diablo for the movie segment as well. Perhaps it is just to keep the trademark in that segment, have to keep the movie idea rolling and show something.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:I don't see anything about a Diablo movie in the works on the official Legendary Pictures website. Where is it?

I concur. No evidence of Diablo movie. However, under the heading of Under Development (scroll box in lower left), they list "World of Warcraft." Interesting. Would it be a screen split into 40 pieces showing different angles of raid content? At least a Diablo focusses on content that can be followed in a single camera production style.
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
I would have to wonder just how much backstory would a filmmaker dare to expose to the audience the first go 'round.

I mean, a story about a revolt and civil war within Hell spilling over into the mortal world bears the risk of being dealt in a heavy-handed fashion, or it can be completely ignored for the sake of sheer spectacle with demons popping up out of nowhere— with the poking and the maiming and the generally unbecoming misbehavior.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Whatever they do, I hope Uwe Boll has nothing to do with it.
Quote:Interesting. Too bad the article doesn't reveal anything other than "a movie is coming!".

We don't even know if its going to be live action or 3d modeled. Made for DVD anniversary, or the big screen? I'll wait a bit longer before I start grasping for straws.

Though if it does happen, I do secretly hope a certain someone actually does the voice acting for Cain. Wouldn't that be a hoot?;)

Cheers,

Munk

If your referring to Sean Connery, he's retired. He can't even be coaxed out for Indy 4:(.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Didn't they claim that many years ago and even had some short preview live at a theatre (that is what you call a place showing movies right?). This was short after they registered the trademark Diablo for the movie segment as well. Perhaps it is just to keep the trademark in that segment, have to keep the movie idea rolling and show something.

I think that was to keep the name licensed in case they did make a movie. I remember Blizzard sued a movie company who had a movie named Diablo based on a drug lord - the movie company lost.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:I would have to wonder just how much backstory would a filmmaker dare to expose to the audience the first go 'round.

I mean, a story about a revolt and civil war within Hell spilling over into the mortal world bears the risk of being dealt in a heavy-handed fashion, or it can be completely ignored for the sake of sheer spectacle with demons popping up out of nowhere— with the poking and the maiming and the generally unbecoming misbehavior.

Hey, DOOM did it, didn't it;). So instead of demons from hell, the politically correct version of Diablo will have the heroin fighting disease infected zombies... :lol::lol::lol:
Quote:If your referring to Sean Connery, he's retired. He can't even be coaxed out for Indy 4:(.

Aye. Wasn't the response something like 'retirement is just too damn fun'? Even though there's not a chance in hell that he'd do it, it won't stop me from wishing!

And for clarification, I did mean just the voice, not actually acting.:)

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:I think that was to keep the name licensed in case they did make a movie. I remember Blizzard sued a movie company who had a movie named Diablo based on a drug lord - the movie company lost.

Yes, but a trademark requires that you actually DO something, you can't just register them up with no business for example to prevent others from them. Hence why they would actually need to have something movielike comming after a few years or it could be challenged and they might lose it. Just a wild thought though as for the reason.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:If your referring to Sean Connery, he's retired. He can't even be coaxed out for Indy 4:(.

Never, never, never say never again......
There's always Patrick Stewart a.k.a. Sean Connery Light!

:P

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:There's always Patrick Stewart a.k.a. Sean Connery Light!

take care
Tarabulus

What's he going to say? Stay a while and listen... to a story about magneto/the Klingon empire?

You have quite a treasure in your Borg cube...
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:What's he going to say? Stay a while and listen... to a story about magneto/the Klingon empire?

"I can go no further. You alone must stand against the Prince of Destruction and his mortal— oh, wait: wrong game..."
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:What's he going to say? Stay a while and listen... to a story about magneto/the Klingon empire?

seling zod legit

wug?

:blink:

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:seling zod legit

wug?

:blink:

take care
Tarabulus

Klingon battle axe and spell of mutant mind control 4 Zod+Gul.

:w00t: