Rule post?
I recently had an unplesent conversation based on my breaking a rule that I had no clue was in place. however innapropiate the nature of it was considering the circumstances and my knowledge of the said rule, its my resonsibility to know and learn these rules, I have yet to find them here - if anyone has a link to it I would appreciate it. As I clearly need to read them to avoid future issues. Also, this is not a bash to the officer that discussed the offending issue with me, I feel that it was handled the best they could - this post is only for the purpose of obtaining the rules/guidelines for lurkers as I am feeling a bit alone here and this may be a part of that.
"Those with the ability to act, have the responsibility to act."
Quote:I recently had an unplesent conversation based on my breaking a rule that I had no clue was in place. however innapropiate the nature of it was considering the circumstances and my knowledge of the said rule, its my resonsibility to know and learn these rules, I have yet to find them here - if anyone has a link to it I would appreciate it. As I clearly need to read them to avoid future issues. Also, this is not a bash to the officer that discussed the offending issue with me, I feel that it was handled the best they could - this post is only for the purpose of obtaining the rules/guidelines for lurkers as I am feeling a bit alone here and this may be a part of that.

The "officer" who spoke to you was your Guildmaster.;)

The situation is that the Lurkers on Stormrage was never organized to be a Guild in the sense that you're used to from World of Warcraft. Our guild has always existed for the Lurkers that visit on these forums to have a home in World of Warcraft. We had taken the viewpoint that if you had hung out here you'd have a feel for the kind of folks you would be running with in game and also the expectations the leadership on Stormrage have for behavior.

The closest to 'rules' we have is this post but even a reading of the Forum Rules would have given one a sense of behavior I expect from Lurkers on Stormrage. That being said I'll work on a set of rules today to share with the Officers and once we have a consensus I'll post and sticky it in the forums.
Whaddayaknow? It was Tal's fault! :P

~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Whaddayaknow? It was Tal's fault! :P

~Frag

Its always my fault.:)S'okay I have broad shoulders.
Quote:Its always my fault.:)S'okay I have broad shoulders.

Well good, because I don't even play WoW or know what he's talking about. But I know with 100% certainty it's definitively and unequivocally Tal's fault.

:shuriken:

:lol:
Quote:The "officer" who spoke to you was your Guildmaster.;)

The situation is that the Lurkers on Stormrage was never organized to be a Guild in the sense that you're used to from World of Warcraft. Our guild has always existed for the Lurkers that visit on these forums to have a home in World of Warcraft. We had taken the viewpoint that if you had hung out here you'd have a feel for the kind of folks you would be running with in game and also the expectations the leadership on Stormrage have for behavior.

The closest to 'rules' we have is this post but even a reading of the Forum Rules would have given one a sense of behavior I expect from Lurkers on Stormrage. That being said I'll work on a set of rules today to share with the Officers and once we have a consensus I'll post and sticky it in the forums.

Those links are sufficent, thanks.
"Those with the ability to act, have the responsibility to act."